Your miracle equine products....recommendations!

cyberhorse

Visit site
Megatek is amazing stuff - pricey but worth it!:eek:

Another fan of Mega-tek! The EQyss products are fantastic. I also use the Mega-tek on my own hair as it is far better than the fancy salon thickening/conditioning products - my hair has never been so thick and grown so fast my hairdresser was seriously shocked! I also love the advocado mist and wet/dry detangler - fantastic for my horse as he has a very thick mane and tail.

sallyg

Visit site
Another vote for Cowboy Magic greenspot remover, Carr Day and Martin Stainmaster is also really good, I bought it when my local saddler had no Cowboy Magic and it is also very effective. The C,D&M mane and tail stuff is the best too.

Also Wahl Diamond White shampoo - really works, very concentrated so it lasts ages and rinses out really easily

Liveryman Clipper blade wash - it smells yummy!

Nettex Muddy Marvel barrier cream is amazing stuff.

trefnantblackknight

Visit site
Supreme Products moisteriser and condition - its amazing keeps my boys hair lovely and his skin is never flaky and never itchy i love it i stock up on the stuff :)

night_mare

Visit site
Baby Oil

1. Add a little to a brush and brush through tail and it's great as a detangler, keeping mud out of tail.

2. Spread over lower legs in winter to keep mud off and help prevent mud fever.

3. Add behind knees and on lower legs on cobs prone to greasy scabs to soften/remove scabs and prevent new grease scabs forming.

4. Squirt on horse's penis, so when he retracts all dirt slides out/off and prevents his penis from getting flaky.

palomino_pony

Visit site
Used to use baby oil but it's dreadful for greys.

Dream coat is amazing. De tangles , keeps mud away, make coat shiny and soft. Lovely smell

**Vanner**

Visit site
Here are mine

Cowboy magic green spot remover
Wonder gel
Mane and tail bags
Canter mane detangler
Avon skin so soft
Pig oil
Hibiscrub

These are defo products that i couldn't live without

becca1305

Visit site
-Baby wipes, everything and anything! :)
-Amerigo leather balm. Smells good, lovely and soft to apply and does the best job out of everything I've tried.
-Belvoir step 1 tack cleaner spray for that last minute whip over.
-Kevin Bacon hoof solution
-Kamillosan for cracked/split mouth
-Aloe vera gel
-Premier equine rugs :) no gappy necks, nice dry cosy horses and seem relatively rip-resistant! :)
-Premier Equine stable wraps (and magnetic interchangeable liners), plain cotton liners are fab for using on a horse on box rest who either ideally needs legs bandaged or that climbs walls when box rested. Also good for travelling/keeping legs clean.
- An expensive one but definitely now in my most used and most worth it list : Activo med Combi pro massage and electromagnetic pulse rug :).

Last edited: