Your most embarrassing moment ever on a horse!!!

fitzaud2

Visit site
Was just thinking about it, I could write a book on it, but my most embarrasing moment was when I was 18, (many moons ago), I had a beautiful IDXtb blue and white gelding, that really was just a hunter, but i made it my mission to show jump him. We had being going well, and there was a local show, coming towards end of season, so jumps a bit bigger, way before measured classes, this was grade E at the time, if anyone remembers. Anyway, all my friends and one particular neighbour, who was into horses, elderly man, decided to come and watch me, after all the success stories. Unfortunately, some moron decided to whack Mannix on the arse on the way into the ring, so we were flat to the boards from the start. he blew pole after pole away in front of him, stopped at tripple, and at 27 faults, and another refusal, the guy in the box asks me over the intercom "Do you want to continue?" Of course I want to continue, cos I'm so mad at this horse at the time, if there was 25 jumps on the course, he was going over them. Have never yet been that embarrassed in my life, although, there have been a few nearlys!!!
Would love to hear your most embarrasing stories!!!!!!

Business

Visit site
Well I wasn't actually on the horse but years ago I was hacking out my then very young horse alone down a disused railway track. I really really needed a pee so I got off and led my horse under a tunnel to relieve myself. There I was, crouched with my knickers round my ankles still hanging on to the horse when a devastatingly hansom chap rode past the mouth of the tunnel, (thankfully not too close!) and my horse seeing his tried to take off. I had two choices, let him go or stand up and stop him, knickers still round ankles you understand. How I managed not to pee on my jods I will never know but with the "don't let go" mentality firmly engraved in my brain I stood up and stopped him.

I hope you lot are getting a laugh out of this because I am cringing at the memory.

On reflection I should have let him go so the devastatingly hansom chap would go and catch him for me and given me the opportunity to say thank you. Still you live and learn. Knowing my luck he was probably gay though.

(No offense to any gay men on here or anywhere else for that matter.)

Fallenrose

Visit site
Mine is also a jumping one. Was probably about 13, took my loan pony to a local show to do a jumping class. Normally Ziggy would jump anything but the jumps at the show were newly painted with really bright fillers (including one with a giant pair of eyes). He wouldn't go anywhere near them! Didn't even jump one and I was asked to leave the ring sharpish!

Posts above very funny!

Business

Visit site
Oh Business, thats so funny, I can just imagine it happening, poor you, mine isnt so bad in comparison!!!!

Glad someone got a laugh out of it.

About five seconds after I had posted that story I started worrying someone would post.....that was me!

jeeve

Visit site
The jumping thing has happened to my daughter, where one day she just could not get the pony over a single jump, she was really ill but determined to ride (only 10 yrs old) and of course she was extremely embarrased.

I embarrased my self in a dressage comp, I think I did everything wrong I could have possibly done, it was just a fun or training day, with judges comments and a chance to ride again after the judges comments, but I have not been in one since.

I love the post from business - how funny, I occasionally have got caught short out & about, miles from anywhere, and sometimes you have to take a chance, but having someone catch you :D

traceyann

Visit site
I think my one is taking my young very nosey horse though the woods and spotted a car rocking their was a couple having a bonk but he insisted to have a better look and stuck his head though the window despite me yanking and trying to pull him away. There were loads of screams from the women and it wasnt because the man was good

AnotherNewbie

Visit site
I think my one is taking my young very nosey horse though the woods and spotted a car rocking their was a couple having a bonk but he insisted to have a better look and stuck his head though the window despite me yanking and trying to pull him away. There were loads of screams from the women and it wasnt because the man was good

I've had similar to this....i took a hack out from a riding school once and went miles down a track back to the road....at the other end it was blocked by a steamed up car. I ended up getting off and getting them to move the car because we didn't have time to go back the other way! Luckily they had finished what they were doing and were getting dressed again, but i think they got a shock when i knocked on the window, tho i'm not sure who was most emabarrased, me or them!!

MaisieMooandCometToo

Visit site
And here was I about to post that in last weeks lesson with Maisie when my RI asked me to leg yield down the 3/4 line between A and M, I just rode a diagonal :eek: How lame:cool:
I'm sure I'll remember some horrifying incident soon :D

Emma S

Visit site
Being the owner of a rig, I have embarrassing moments everytime we go out!

He thinks its marvellous to wander round with his bits hanging out! It wouldnt be so bad if his thingy wasnt big enough to be a 5th leg :eek:

We get loads of staring!!!

NeilM

Visit site
I was on my way home after a good long hack. H is very nosey and when I'm on my own I do tend to let him have a look at interesting stuff.

To get home we have to pass the local church and for no apparent reason (like he needs a reason), H decided he would rather like to look over the gate and into the churchyard, nothing to see, but I thought what the heck. After looking into the church yard for a few minutes H decided this would be the bestest place in the whole world...to take a pee :eek:

There was gallons of the stuff and he pee'd for at least an hour, or that's what it felt like. The only good thing was that nobody came out of the church and as far as I know, nobody saw us at all, not that that made the situation any better.

MosMum

Visit site
Mine was not very long ago, I am ashamed to say!

Out riding on the mountain with a friend and my mobile started ringing. My kids were with a childminder so really wanted to answer, but couldn't dig my phone out... finally managed but dropped my crop in the meantime.
So I hop offboard to fetch my crop, knowing that Master Blue does not stand to be mounted and usually requires a leg-up or the use of 3 people or someone who can leap tall buildings in order to get back on board (he won't even walk near a mounting block or anything which could be used as a jump-on point!).
Feeling quite an arse trying to clamber back on for about five minutes, I eventually get about half on, one foot in stirrup... and somehow manage to fall headfirst off the OTHER side of stupid horse who then buggers off for home.

The mountain is quite soft, I recomend it for falling practice :)

sleepykitten

Visit site
I used to work for rides at a local riding school and they had an 18.2hh (yes indeed!) Shire horse. They had an outdoor school and next to it, a paddock which had old bathtubs for water as we used it for turnout occasionally. We also used it for jumping when the school was already being used.

One day, I think I was about 13 at the time, and quite, quite mad, I decided to jump the Shire Horse in the paddock. There was a lesson going on in the school next door with about 8 riders at the time.

All was going well and we were popping some 2'6" or so fences. Then he clatters the top pole on one of the jumps. So, me being on my tod, decides to get off and put it back up again. In getting back on said Shire Horse, I managed to kick him in the bum while trying to swing my leg over.

He takes off across the paddock, me swinging wildly underneath his neck with vice-like monkey grip, then he stops so I let go..............and fall straight into a bathtub full of cold water. Meanwhile, said lesson has stopped and all riders are wetting themselves......................:eek: