Your perfect yard of horses.

alainax

Visit site
Just a bit of fun, I was day dreaming about all the horses I would love to have at home if I had the space. ( yes I am a grown woman who still day dreams like a 5 year old :p).

It got me wondering what everyone else would love? If you can post pics, it would be fab! Doesn't have to be the ideal conformation etc, but just to give us a quick glimpse of what you were thinking!

I feel very lucky that I have my perfect guy, and certainly don't need more than one! However, if I had the land and facilities.. here is what I would dream to have...

My main man, Nero - Friesian Gelding
10689659_10152391178001262_3805343227703135644_n_zpsrqqrkjtl.jpg

Dream no.1 - Fell pony. They just look like the most awesome fun.
Miller1d.jpg

Dream no2 - Andalusian / PRE. I love their spirit and simply stunning.
fandango.jpg

Dream no 3. These 2... I don't need a reason!
12088325_10153042185366262_8577041423539759357_n_zpsg6d3eqrc.jpg

Dream no 4. Just to add a bit of colour ;)
forest10.jpg

Pinkvboots

Visit site
You sound just like me it's just the sort of thing I sit and think about, I have no idea how to post pictures first choice is the two horses I have which are bay Arab geldings I have a matching pair, I would then have an oldenburg preferably a dark bay or black one just to do the odd grand pre freestyle on, then I would have a Welsh section A as they are just like mini Arabs and I think it would be fun to do some in hand stuff, I to am very keen on the Spanish horses so I think I would go for one of those too.

I am loving the chestnut Arab picture and I agree the fell pony looks great fun and is very handsome, I think I will add one more thing to my dream make believe yard and that's an indoor school so I can ride them all and not get wet I hope that's allowed.

NaeNae87

Visit site
Hmmmmmmm.....

My dream team.

Well Valegro has to be in it... obvi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXgfBSetJro

Lenamore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZmvQJaXCe0

Cruising
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jt5aq3gFPc

Fuego XII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx3a4nNO3ak

Don Dancier - I absolutely love this horse. If I had to pick only one, it world be him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_pLr2luOBM

Peppermint Grove... What a horse, at the Atlanta Olympics his hind leg hits a tree root and his rider falls off and breaks her ribs and collarbone. She gets back on and powers off to the water jump where after jumping in clean, he has an awkward jump up the bank, stalls over the rolltop into the water and she falls off again. Her left arm was useless, she was in enormous amounts of pain and Peppermint Grove just goes "ok mum, I will try, we got this, lets go." She hops back on again, battles on finishing the course before being taken off to hospital. I would love to have that sort of relationship with any horse, much less a 4* eventer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tXL9atLwAo

TwyfordM

Visit site
A chunky dun highland pony, a chestnut Andalusian, an Ardennes purely because I think they are cute! Would have a team of welshies to drive, something warmbloody and dark liver chestnut and a Irish draught :)

madlady

Visit site
I know that I'm very lucky to already have:

Freyja

Daegan

Plus both of their Dams (who I don't have recent pictures of!)

I would love to add a Pre to the stable - for looks and movement and either a fell or a dales for me to ride when I can no longer get my old bones onto a big horse :)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
The horses I have.... But they would be younger and problem free. I might get a Shetland friend for little pony so he has company when he needs to come off the grass- not that he cares because he's a person really not a pony.... 😉

Greylegs

Visit site
A chunky dun highland pony, a chestnut Andalusian, an Ardennes purely because I think they are cute! Would have a team of welshies to drive, something warmbloody and dark liver chestnut and a Irish draught :)

I already have a chunky dun highland, so maybe two or three others in different shades of dun. I like a chunky pony so nothing slender and long legged for me thanks.

atropa

Visit site
Love this thread!

I would have:

My current lovely cuddly girl - dark bay Belgian WB, bit of an allrounder
A little Exmoor to hack on
A nice bay Highland with a dorsal stripe to hack on
A Trakehner - preferably bay or black, to just make me feel cool (my dream horse but I probably couldn't ride one side of one!)
An OTTB - just to see if I'd be capable of reschooling it and doing a bit of eventing, no colour preference
A nice ISH - maybe grey? Dapple or steel? To do eventing on as I think they're lovely allround horses in general.
A Noriker - to look amazing!
A Knabstrupper - ditto above
Oh, ETA a Cleveland Bay as I think they are beautiful and they're quite rare

Ormsweird

Visit site
Currently have: Fell pony! Though he's a grey rather than a black I'd always imagined! :D
Dream: Highland. Don't care what colour! Though I am partial to duns.
An Icelandic. More for the hubby than me, but yeah. I could live with that.
A few more fells. Because one is never enough. I still want that black. And have I mentioned just how gorgeous bay fells are?

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Well I currently have a lovely Exmoor and a bay Lusitano so am mostly there :D

I have hankerings for a big Haffy that OH could ride too, or possibly a bay Highland. Would love a chestnut Lusitano and a chestnut Shetland to drive-a real Thelwell type.

ljohnsonsj

Visit site
I already own the most perfect 3 dream horses ;)

but If I could add Big star, Hello sanctos and plot blue previous to retirement into my little collection, I would be one very happy girl!

My 3 pony children are this collection of warmbloods :p

12274502_565625990258028_7496424108874433336_n.jpg

12313960_565625976924696_4189034911464089572_n.jpg

12191428_557199784433982_4649443831172354322_n.jpg

I love them dearly, and feel so blessed to call them my own

Last edited:

skint1

Visit site
My perfect yard of horses would have

1. My mare Maggie, whom I lost last year. She was only a semi-retired happy hacker but I would not have traded her for a stable full of the finest horses in all the world

2. My boy Alex, Maggie was one in a million so he's had some big shoes to fill, which he's done in his own unique way, but in my ideal world I would have them both!

3. My boy Basil but with none of his arthritis and other health issues which will shorten the days we have left to enjoy him

4. A lovely Irish Draught, not a grey because I can't be doing with the grooming, with an unflappable temperament and the ability to put up with my crap riding

5. A lovely Highland, always wanted one, same criteria as above

6. A Suffolk Punch, I think they're lovely and there's not enough of them around.

TelH

Visit site
I already have 7 ponies but if I had time/space/money to add more I would like a donkey, a big built like the side of the barn show cob and a retired racehorse- maybe Quevega, but then her 1st baby would have to come too :D or Hurricane Fly, he was looking in great shape the other day.

MargotC

Visit site
Going purely on looks...

I would love a "tiger" (leopard complex/roan) Noriker. The stallions are gorgeous.

I also have a weak spot for seal browns, buckskins without white markings, and chestnuts without white markings. I'd want something Irish that fitted the bill.

I also want a Marwari. Those ears alone...

And oh. Something BRINDLE coloured.

SuperH

Visit site
I have two Welsh D already, so to go with them I would add a Suffolk Punch or two. I like pretty much all native ponies too, so may have room for a selection of those too. Plus a Fjord... And an arab.

I have also always fancied a Dartmoor, so if I had children who were interested in riding I could be tempted by one of those too :)

I use to spend hours thinking about this sort of thing!

skint1

Visit site
I would love to come round and visit all these lovely ponies but I reckon I will be so exhausted mucking out/ poo picking etc on my perfect 6 that I've never have the time!!

MargotC

Visit site
I would love to come round and visit all these lovely ponies but I reckon I will be so exhausted mucking out/ poo picking etc on my perfect 6 that I've never have the time!!

I don't think any of us would ever be going anywhere by the sounds of it. :D OHs would probably have to book appointments to see us (or realise there is no escaping the inevitable and the best way forward is to go along with it and therefore get horses themselves).

atropa

Visit site
Going purely on looks...

I would love a "tiger" (leopard complex/roan) Noriker. The stallions are gorgeous.

I also have a weak spot for seal browns, buckskins without white markings, and chestnuts without white markings. I'd want something Irish that fitted the bill.

I also want a Marwari. Those ears alone...

And oh. Something BRINDLE coloured.

Dear Lord, I just Googled Tiger Norikers..I'm in love! Highlands are proving popular.

ljohnson, love your middle WB, how are they all bred?

I'd also add a palomino QHxWelsh D to mine, based on a previous horse I knew

ozpoz

Visit site
I would have Ozzie back - I miss him so much. He was beautiful, intelligent and kind...and I lost him to colic last year.

And two of my daughters old ponies if that were possible - all passed sadly.

I have always fancied an Al Teke, a lovely tb is a must, preferably not grey, as mine is, and a cheeky little pony companion keeps the sensible horses amused.

sydney02

Visit site
I think about this too!

I would have my current cob who i'm bringing on in mostly dressage, because he's such a sweet boy.

I would have a fjord pony just because I love them. And a connemara for the same reason. :p

I would have a hacking horse that I could just plod around the countryside on, and who I could take to the beach without fearing for my life ha!

Then I'd need a dressage horse but prefer a native to a warmblood, and then obviously a sane showjumper that will carry me around a tiny course of jumps :D

Then I'll have some little companion ponies as well :)

Then I'd need to go shopping for pretty headcollars..... :D and a couple of rugs...

rachk89

Visit site
My current gelding for sure wouldn't give him up.

2 andalusians, one grey and one bay for dressage.

1 friesian for dressage and showing.

1 clydesdale just because. For hacking and showing maybe driving too.

1 highland pony for hacking and showing.

and 1 black cob mare around 14.2hh that is extremely stubborn to remind me of my two most favourite mares ever hannah and cally.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
The current two plus:

A connie, because I'm surrounded by them and feel left out!

A big native like a fjord, dales or highland because that was what I was looking for when I got my cob

An icelandic because I've always wanted one, preferably that doesn't have sweetitch as the ones I've known all did

A quiet, sensible little mini for my daughter to groom etc. as her pony is a little big for her to handle on her own

Palindrome

Visit site
A bay TB, a chestnut arab, a dun Icelandic, a black dressage warmblood and a PRE or lusitano (not sure of color, perhaps light grey). They all need to be nice forward going rides too.

dibbin

Visit site
Jazz (obviously)
P9060654.jpg

Darling Dylan, who I lost in 2010
Image0194.jpg

Valegro (because you just would)

The late, great Opposition Buzz. He was my absolute favourite to watch.

Some form of Highland pony - a nice dun I think.

A Welsh Section D, preferably black or liver chestnut. I went to see a black one before I bought Jazz, but he was a mentalist. I was heartbroken because he was so SO beautiful.

A lovely big Clydesdale. OH bought me a voucher for a 2hr Clydesdale ride for Christmas, I can't wait!