Your reality check failed (Rescue Dog)(Names Needed)

TheFox

Visit site
Good morning all.

I have to say I'm rather disappointed you guys didn't manage to snap me back into reality :D as a resulting of the negligence I am now the proud owner of a beautiful StaffyX

Partically ran back up to the dogs home this morning and secured her (subject to home checks) and all I can say is i'm MASSIVELY EXCITED :D although not the breed I wanted she is seeming everything else we wanted temperment wise in a pooch.

So now the big decsion comes into play of what to call her :D Idea's would be greatly appreicated.

And just because I think shes beautiful

dog1.jpg

(ignore the whale behind :D)

dog.jpg

Cookies to all.

Mrs_T

Kate35

Visit site
Well done!

The Council Pound Kennels and Rescue Orgainisation are currently over run by Staffies and many are having to be destroyed because they are not regarded as the most desirable Dog. You have secured the future of one of many, last week I was at a Council Pound that was full of them.

TheFox

Visit site
Well done!

The Council Pound Kennels and Rescue Orgainisation are currently over run by Staffies and many are having to be destroyed because they are not regarded as the most desirable Dog. You have secured the future of one of many, last week I was at a Council Pound that was full of them.

Thank you :D

She is from the Council Pound there was quiet a few there :( she's only been there a week (give or take a few days) and the staff love her. I just felt guilty for the ones I've left behind :(.

She's great though at the end of the day breed can second to personality. Excited to get her home :D

WandaMare

Visit site
Congratulations! She is beautiful, I love her colouring......I didn't reply to your post this morning because I would be too biased, I love staffies! I adopted a rescue dog with unknown history, same as you it was love at first sight....definitely a decision from the heart not the head :) Mine is a cross breed with some staffie in him and he is gorgeous too.

He arrived with a few issues having been in the pound for over 6 months and a few previous failed attempts at rehoming, so I was determined to make things work for him...

It is hard work at first but I think when you connect with a dog and really love them it doesn't feel like work, it is pure pleasure to help them and then be rewarded when they respond.

I wish you all the best with your lovely new girl and look forward to hearing lots of updates :)

Rudolph's Red Nose

Visit site
Congratulations, I read your thread yesterday - only you know when or what is right !!

My name suggestion would be Belle or Bella as you think she is beautiful (and she is :D )

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Congratulations, I was one of the naughty ones who encouraged you, well done for making a difference and saving this dogs life. Ive had 4 rescues now and they have all been brilliant and they all came with a name so didnt have to choose, no help here Im afraid but I did like the suggestion of Belle and Rosie.

mollichop

Visit site
She looks wonderful - congratulations and fingers crossed for the home check!

She reminds me of my Paddington - just a smaller version :)

I think she looks like a Mocha or Suki - keep us posted!

TheFox

Visit site
Thank you all for your support, I'm sure she will definately provide me with lots of entertainment :D

I do like the name Rosie, I shall definately put that forward :) be prepared for lots and lots of updates and pictures!

It feels wonderful rescuing (only had pups before) hopefully she will turn out to be the dog I believe she will :D

Mrs_T

ladyt25

Visit site
It's great you've rescued from the council pound, it always make me feel frustrated and very sad to think of all the dogs that get PTS through no fault of their own, just because their 'time' is up :(

I am rubbish with names so not much help - sorry! I got my rescue in Dec, she was named Tiny (sooo couldn't see it as a suitable name), I renamed her Molly - was loking for a name that ended in a 'y' so was some what near what she was used to being called. I toyed with the name Maggie though as like that too. I imagine you already have name in mind - I almost feel sometimes the dog's personality helps you with the name. I like the name Stella - is that wrong!? lol

HDPE

Visit site
I am rubbish with names so not much help - sorry! I got my rescue in Dec, she was named Tiny (sooo couldn't see it as a suitable name), I renamed her Molly - was loking for a name that ended in a 'y' so was some what near what she was used to being called. I toyed with the name Maggie though as like that too. I imagine you already have name in mind - I almost feel sometimes the dog's personality helps you with the name. I like the name Stella - is that wrong!? lol

The state wardens named my bitch Scruffy, worst namers ever! We too went for a -y ending name, Sapphy - or to give her title (according to my father and older brothers! :eek:) Princess Sapphire of Sydney, I've never seen a less scruffy dog in my life