Your 'swear by' grooming products and potions

Maybe?

Visit site
My 'magic' grooming bag consists of a bottle of fairy liquid, a grooming stone (usually used for stripping dogs coats but works fab for removing poo stains/scurf/general pony filth and making them shine!) a good rubbercurry comb, and my miracle product.... A jar of coconut oil!

Uses include a moisturiser for dry manes and tails, as a show sheen replacement, hoof oil, to apply to sensitive areas to stop fly bites (they dislike the oily texture).. the list is endless and I have very soft hands now!!!

Micropony

Visit site
Best product by far - get someone else to clean the horse.

Feed linseed and you will only need a duster.

I am with you! I often get comments about how shiny the Micropony is, and he only ever gets a quick brush/wipe to get the dust off. When it's not muddy and I am in a hurry he just gets a tea towel waved in his general direction.

I do use mane and tail detangler and leovet no rub, and I like the no rinse lavender wash for washing off after a show, or for hot clothing his sweaty bits after schooling on winter evenings when I don't want to take a hose pipe to him, but have never really gone in for things like show sheen.

Cecile

Visit site
I use Dentinox shampoo if any sign of itching, Johnsons baby shampoo and cowboy magic products, although I didn't like the cowboy magic shampoo I bought previously but their detangler and body shine is brilliant

TwyfordM

Visit site
Swear by cowboy magic whitening shampoo and then a good spray with supreme show shine as my greys nearly dry. Also put in mane/tail and it gives you a white pony that actually shines ... and is silky soft :D never use anything else now

pansymouse

Visit site
I swear by not washing - I feed micronized linseed and do proper vigorous old fashioned brushing to achieve a beautiful natural shine than comes from health not products. My last bottle of horse shampoo lasted 35 years. I do however only buy brown horses :D

SEL

Visit site
Heads & shoulders shampoo.

I then have an enormous box full of 'magic' ingredients to help with itching and feather mites. The magic isn't working very well at the moment.

rosiesowner

Visit site
Hot ragging with coconut oil melted into the water!! Beautiful shine and leaves a soft coat but without the artificial 'slick' feeling something like showshine leaves. Plus, a lot cheaper and the horses seem to enjoy the spa treatment :p I love NAF Show Off shampoo. It's a close run between that and the Nettex whitening but the NAF just comes out on top for me. NAF Paint It Clear is super too, as it's a hoof varnish that actually lasts, plus you don't have to clean it off afterwards so it's a winner for me.

Might have to try the blue rinse you're all talking about for her tail!