Your thoughts on Thoroughbreds?

blahblah01

Visit site
I hate them, with their spindly legs and constant attempts to throw eveything off. Not to mention there absolute disregard for a human's personal space no matter WHAT training they've had. And there conformation is usually off as well as the fact they look a bit weird as well.

Honestly just go for a loving cob *rolls eyes* don't know why people want something that:

a)doesn't put weight on - ever!
b) prances at the littlest sounds and
c)looks absolutely vastly!

Your thoughts?

RachaelK01

Visit site
I hate them, with their spindly legs and constant attempts to throw eveything off. Not to mention there absolute disregard for a human's personal space no matter WHAT training they've had. And there conformation is usually off as well as the fact they look a bit weird as well.

Honestly just go for a loving cob *rolls eyes* don't know why people want something that:

Your thoughts?

So why exactly do you want to chat about them if you HATE them so much?

Auslander

Visit site
Don't worry folks. I'll deal with this one

1844007_1312574812288.77res_300_259.jpg

dulcie_dustyxx

Visit site
Why do u have so much HATE? Most of all Thoroughbreds are NONE of these things and even if u have this opinion why use your accouny to spread so much hate?

Peter7917

Visit site
Stunning. Always wanted one but the reality is I cannot offer a horse the routine that the average tb would require.

blitznbobs

Visit site
Don't love em don't hate them.. never had one throw me off tho- they just are a bit boring to ride in my experience but there are some very solid looking tbs out there ...

Mrs B

Visit site
Why do u have so much HATE? Most of all Thoroughbreds are NONE of these things and even if u have this opinion why use your accouny to spread so much hate?

Now, I may be being kind but I think the new poster is trying to turn the tables on the ancient 'cob' thread and post an alternative.

It's a hard trick to pull off as a newbie, since the OP of the 'cob' thread is a long-standing poster whose alternative view of both Heaven, Hell and basic normality are widely accepted by the HHO community and allowances made ;)

Although it may well be as others have identified and the new poster is a troll :)

As an complete aside:

'Hate' as an extreme word, from both the OP and you, D_D. It reminds me of that awful phrase one sees posters spit out on social media these days: 'to the haters'.

IMHO, it is usually aimed at anyone who disagrees with someone else's point of view. And it seems to be exacerbated by the fact that, with the advent of social media, you can choose to join groups which only reflect YOUR views of the world. And if people don't agree with you, you'll scream and say 'unfair' and 'haters' and 'this offends me/someone else I haven't yet met but I'm sure they'll be as offended as I am on their behalf ... '

Tough. Life's like that. It's not fair. Get used to it and get on with your own life.

Last edited:

dulcie_dustyxx

Visit site
Now, I may be being kind but I think the new poster is trying to turn the tables on the ancient 'cob' thread and post an alternative.

It's a hard trick to pull off as a newbie, since the OP of the 'cob' thread is a long-standing poster whose alternative view of both Heaven, Hell and basic normality are widely accepted by the HHO community and allowances made ;)

Although it may well be as others have identified and the new poster is a troll :)

As an complete aside:

'Hate' as an extreme word, from both the OP and you, D_D. It reminds me of that awful phrase one sees posters spit out on social media these days: 'to the haters'.

IMHO, it is usually aimed at anyone who disagrees with someone else's point of view. And it seems to be exacerbated by the fact that, with the advent of social media, you can choose to join groups which only reflect YOUR views of the world. And if people don't agree with you, you'll scream and say 'unfair' and 'haters' and 'this offends me/someone else I haven't yet me' ...

Tough. Life's like that. It's not fair. Get used to it and get on with your own life.

I see what you mean, sorry. I haven't seen the cob thread unfortunately and if I had maybe I would of seen this differently. I was just a bit shocked someone could say something like that when most of it is stereotypes. x

Mrs B

Visit site
I see what you mean, sorry. I haven't seen the cob thread unfortunately and if I had maybe I would of seen this differently. I was just a bit shocked someone could say something like that when most of it is stereotypes. x

No problem, DD! ;) Have a read of the cob thread ... it's rather long and more than a bit barmy but if you ever have insomnia, it's as good as a bucket of whisky ... with a giggle on the side ... :)

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site

As an complete aside:

IMHO, it is usually aimed at anyone who disagrees with someone else's point of view. And it seems to be exacerbated by the fact that, with the advent of social media, you can choose to join groups which only reflect YOUR views of the world. And if people don't agree with you, you'll scream and say 'unfair' and 'haters' and 'this offends me/someone else I haven't yet met but I'm sure they'll be as offended as I am on their behalf ... '

Bizarre thread, but great post :)
I did actually think that it was an alternative 'cob' thread too, but the wording just hadn't quite worked

Nici

Visit site
Thoroughbreds are lovely! Sure, some have rather flat feet and are on the skinny side, but most of them are magnificent!
AND they have been used to create other breeds, which shows that they have characteristics that are worth spreading.
Then again, to each his own. :)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

Your thoughts?

Hi Shils, so glad you've decided to stay with us :D

Beausmate

Visit site
Thoroughbreds are rubbish - you just can't get anywhere near the quantity of lasagna out of one of them as you can a cob, so what's the point?

DanceswithCows

Visit site
I used to be 'unkeen' on TBs due to the stereotypes, but although I agree a high proportion can have trouble with being thin skinned have poor feet, you have to admire their athletic ability, the far reaching effect of their genes and when I finally rode one I found it very comfortable and pleasant. They seem friendlier than others too and very tolerant of constant human fiddling. I doubt I would ever own one because things have to be tough to survive here, but it's a thumbs up from me! :D

Sophire

Visit site
Thoroughbreds are rubbish - you just can't get anywhere near the quantity of lasagna out of one of them as you can a cob, so what's the point?

This definitely. It means when you threaten them with it they don't take you seriously either. How else am I meant to keep this unruly, wild animal in check?