You've bought the horse, but somehow "forgotten" to mention it to your significant other ...

PSD

Visit site
My OH found my fells passport and said “this isn’t tillys, have you bought another pony?” Rumbled ?

however when I sold her he became an enabler. Told me to spend the money on another horse before I had no money left and he didn’t want me miserable and moping around the house.

I earn my own money and pay for my horse out of this, OH doesn’t contribute at all. I wouldn’t ever buy another without consulting him first, not that I need to ask his permission ?

rowan666

Visit site
I rarely tell my OH anything horsey related, he isn't interested and my money is my own to do as I please although that's easy now we live separately, when we briefly tried living together I did tell him once "no that new one is a friends not mine" till our darling daughter grassed me in ?

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
This thread strengthens my desire to stay single ??? I'm 40 and live on my own with no-one to discuss/tell what I have in mind. By the same token, I also have no-one to put the breaks on when I get giddy with the freedom of doing as I please ?? Not always a good thing if my 4 dogs, 7 parrots, 2 Gerbil, 2 Giant Rabbits, 8 Crested Geckos and 2 and a half horses are anything to go by ????

Abi90

Visit site
My finances have and always will be separate from my husband’s. I don’t consult him about buying new horses, I will tell him I’m going to.

Neither of us discussed buying new cars, other than giving a second opinion on the car itself. We just bought new cars. We pay for it, our business but then we only put bill money in the joint account and keep our salaries separate

Peglo

Visit site
This thread strengthens my desire to stay single ??? I'm 40 and live on my own with no-one to discuss/tell what I have in mind. By the same token, I also have no-one to put the breaks on when I get giddy with the freedom of doing as I please ?? Not always a good thing if my 4 dogs, 7 parrots, 2 Gerbil, 2 Giant Rabbits, 8 Crested Geckos and 2 and a half horses are anything to go by ????

I am rather jealous of your bunny’s and parrots. OH has put a stop to me getting those but tbf I feel I’m at my limit with 3 cats, 3 horses and 15 chooks. But I still want!! ?
I need someone to do the washing and dishes when I’m playing with animals ?

Annagain

Visit site
My finances have and always will be separate from my husband’s. I don’t consult him about buying new horses, I will tell him I’m going to.

Neither of us discussed buying new cars, other than giving a second opinion on the car itself. We just bought new cars. We pay for it, our business but then we only put bill money in the joint account and keep our salaries separate

I suppose that’s the difference. Everything is 100% joint for us. We have our own savings accounts that we put equal amounts into but our salaries both go into the same account and all the bills and everyday living costs come out of it. We earn very similar amounts and have never thought of things as ‘yours and mine’ but ‘ours’. As I said I wouldn’t ask permission but I would discuss it with him because it’s ‘our’ money.