Yuk! I had to laugh though...

palo1

Visit site
I was late up this morning. I am usually out of the door around 6 but was more like 7 this morning. When this happens the dogs really don't seem to mind at all but I do know that they like their routine. This morning I could hear Red just starting to woof so although I was desperate for a wee I opened the back door to let the dogs out before I went. I was just on the loo (sorry if tmi!!) in our downstairs bathroom when Red trotted in and bloody cocked his leg on the loo pedestal right by my leg the dirty beggar!!! He looked so bloody cheeky too - watching me as he did it. I did screech at him but by then he had trotted off outside. He has never done anything like this before and it 'felt' like a genuine 'Serves you right for being so late' kind of action. Either that or some dog psychology that I am not privy to.

He is fully house-trained, doesn't struggle to contain himself and went straight out for another wee of course. Bliddy male dogs!! Just Yuk though.

palo1

Visit site
That's marking not peeing because you need to pee.
Our dogs tend to pee over the bitches pee to mark it, if the bitch hasn't finished then they get pee'd on too.

I thought this could be it...Why mark me though? Sorry if that is dumb to ask - I have had speyed bitches or neutered dogs for the last 20 years and I don't think our entire Newfoundlands would have ever bothered to mark anything!

palo1

Visit site
So what is marking me all about then? He is a good little chap usually - no obvious dominance and respects quite difficult requests from me - he will leave a filthy stinking carcass on request for instance which I am hugely, ridiculously proud of!! Is this the beginning of the end of my reign as boss??!!:D:D