ZARA OUT

Eventerlad15

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What a shame, that's horses isn't it, on top of the world one minute, down the mine the next..
I'd actually like to see Sharon Hunt and Tankerstown go, but they aren't in the reserves are they.
I reckon he is the most fantastic XC horse and would be a real asset.
The Team were training straight after Bramham, I wonder if he did it then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tankers Town is already on the first team.

madgirl

Visit site
HH sharon is already on the team. would like to see TT on the team I think they deserve it after missing out last year and his Sjing is better now he hasn't had more than one down since 2206. Spring along IMO isn't good enough in the dressage.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
WFP said the media interest at team training recently was huge because of Zara. Tis on his website.

kerilli

Visit site
what a nightmare, we had a great chance of an individual gold with her. damn damn damn. i wonder if it's the old ligament injury rearing its ugly head again? obviously something fairly major or they'd have tried to get him right, i guess.
right, Ruth Edge next then, i think... she could easily be top 5 after the dressage at that level, not sure any of the other first reserves could.

teapot

Visit site
Such a shame
frown.gif

Hope Tina or Daisy get the call up

wizoz

Visit site
Poor poor Zara, such a shame for her.
frown.gif

I would like to see Pippa Funnell and my reason is, she needs a bloody good kick up the arse to stop fannying around, she needs to get her grit and determination back, because I think she has lost it, so by putting her in the team, it's not just her she has to think about.
crazy.gif

(she isn't shortlisted though is she?)

I know what I mean
smirk.gif

ilvpippa

Visit site
Wizoz - i agree with you!! i think she has lost it and needs something like this to gain what she once had back!

C.x

wizoz

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
To be fair, Pippa hasn't had a top-class horse recently.
She's been bringing on her ex-racehorse, Ensign .

[/ QUOTE ]

Ensign has been to Badminton twice and not completed either time, he has completed at Blenheim 3* so he could easily do the Olympics.

ETS, she has done quite a few 3*'s on Ensign this year and also Blue Horizon has competed at that level this year.

elliebean

Visit site
True, it may be the kick she needs, but Im not sure that using the Olympics as an opportunity for an individual to regain their nerve and drive is fair on those who have worked for the results that they have achieved.

I'm personally really keen to see Miners Frolic go, although he is still young and if he doesn't go this time, he will surely get his opportunity in the future!

seabiscuit

Visit site
Mentally, I dont think that either Ruth Edge or Tina Cook are suitable, both have a long term history of messing up the cross country phases when being in a leading position. Seriously doubt where Pippa's mentality is at the moment, it is at rock bottom when doing the big competitions and I agree, she does need a kick up the backside!

I'm all for Daisy and Hope street, she is about the only one on the reserves that has the right mental strength to do a competition like the Olympics. Spring along is past it but hope street is just improving all the time, I am sure that they will get the extra training needed to polish their performance up even more.

annie083

Visit site
I totally agree with Pippa Funnell, think she needs a big competition to get back what she had. Apart from badminton her and ensign have done well this season -chatsworth and tattersall and the olympics won't be as difficult. Her dressage is definately the best out the brits and we need that to get us in the lead.

Just can't believe she was put on the 2nd reserve list in the first place as in my opinion her form is better than those on it?!?
I would much rather she went then the others on that list, could be wrong but guess we'll have to see how they perform in next few wks.

Eventerlad15

Visit site
Agreed that Pippa needs a boot up the backside but I dont think the olympics are the best place tbh. She said she rode like a t**t at Badminton, which was probably beacause she was under pressure to be selected.

keekee

Visit site
poor zara toy tonw will probably be to old to go round in 2012 so iv heard bless him i bet she is gutted........

kick_On

Visit site
such a shame...................... does anyone know what's Toy Town done??????

difficult for selector BUT hey that's their job

And my boss asked me, am i waiting for 'THE CALL'.................. my answer was 'You wouldn't let me have time off in august!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' - D'OH

kerilli

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Mentally, I dont think that either Ruth Edge or Tina Cook are suitable, both have a long term history of messing up the cross country phases when being in a leading position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crikey, that's a very sweeping statement! I would seriously disagree with that!
i view them both as out-and-out xc riders who have worked very very hard to get the dressage up to scratch. Ruth more so possibly, she's now an absolutely beautiful rider on the flat, could easily do a low-40s or better test at that level, which is what we need. I just can't see Hope Street doing that.
just checked Two Thyme's results, he's had scores in 30s and very low 40s at every 3* and 4* he's done (CIC and CCI) since '04...
if he's sound enough, and stays sound, he'd be top of my list.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I know that Two Thyme has serious doubts in the selectors minds due to his ability to go lame and his inconsistency Sjing. Ruth is a beautiful rider but she is not a very good sjer and that will count if the scores are close. Nobody knows how easy the xc will be so a good sjer is vital.

I have heard that Pippa is most likely off to Aachen for the team competition along with some of the other 2nd reserves. If you notice at Barbury Opp Buzz is not on the list nor is Facoudette so expect them to be going and doing that instead as invitation only.

PeanutButterDragon

Visit site
I just really feel for Zara as this is the second time she a and ToyTown have so narrowly missed out on going to the Olympics! She must be gutted!

sarahgill

Visit site
I think that all the reserve horse and riders have worked really hard to get to where they are now and who ever gets chosen from the reserve list has already been deeemed good enough to ride for GB by the selectors - if they weren't good enough as many of you are saying they wouldn't be on the reserve list! Credit where credit is due and good luck to whoever steps in they've got some pretty big boots to fill following Zara!

KatB

Visit site
Would like to see Tina, but Miners Frolic is a very young horse so has got alot of time to get to championship level. Still stick by Ruth, although certainly would be nice to see Daisy there aswell
wink.gif

Funny how no one has picked OT
tongue.gif

madgirl

Visit site
lol KatB I noticed that....I would have really like to have seen the secret weapon on the 2nd reserves list I think he is super.
Interesting about the aachen team event? what is it?

teapot

Visit site
According to today's Daily Telegraph, they've quoted YB as saying that the new member of the GB squad will be announced after Barbury