Zebra

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
<font color="339999">Anyone out there own a zebra? I had a chat to a girl on a game I used to play who had a zebra colt, and seeing a couple up for sale on Horsedeals jerked my memory!

Seems absurd, but I'd love to know more about owning and training them!

Thankies,
~Mid </font>

GTs

Visit site
I almost bougth one but the consensus is they are bloody stubborn, moody and pretty useless - not my thing at all.

A friend of mine has one, he seems to get on pretty well with it.

100B5661.JPG

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I almost bougth one but the consensus is they are bloody stubborn, moody and pretty useless - not my thing at all.

A friend of mine has one, he seems to get on pretty well with it.

100B5661.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

I......want...one...pleeaassee....
tongue.gif
Looks quite snazzy.

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
id love to have a zebra! think it would probably get the better of me though
could you imagine the look on people's face walking down the road riding a zebra!
i saw a pair in horse deals a while ago for £3500 each werent rideable, but had been lead in headcollar and some basic groud work

thanks for the pic GTS ive never actually seen anyone riding one!

GTs

Visit site
Weezy mine?? No not at all - the Zebra belongs to the son of the guy who shipped Stella and Clarita.

xxcharlottexx - a zebra will not walk down the street like a horse will, the are not as domesticated as horses and are not very brave.

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I heard that more zoo keepers are killed by zebras than lions!!! I also thought thay you couldnt domesticate them

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one breed that is domesticated a certain amount. The rest are not (or so I believe).

GTs

Visit site
My picture is not photoshopped - I assure you!! That is Jared riding his Zebra, I had a long chat to his father about the zebra, and saw other pictures of it when I picked up my horses.

[ QUOTE ]
I realised I hadn't updated anyone who might be interested to know what the vet said when Patches was examined.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a myth - infact their backs are stronger than horses.

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
"I heard that more zoo keepers are killed by zebras than lions!!! I also thought thay you couldnt domesticate them "

"Seem to remember being told that they can't carry any weight?"

Zebra are pretty strong! And can be domesticated, to some extent. They're really a lot like our native ponies! Due to their size, though, it's unlikely an adult could ride one, and they're too stubborn for children, so people generally stick with ponies x3

As long as they were bred in captivity I wouldn't mind getting one... Or rather, a pair, so I could drive them!
blush.gif
-wishes she were rich-