2012 Here we come!!!!!!!

dozzie

Visit site
I have been out practising for 2012! I think we have a chance. Just got to sort out a few things but, hey, we can walk, trot, canter and halt!!! No bucks or anything!!

Ok, our passage and piaffe might only be ok when out hunting but our canter halfpass is great when cantering past scary things! We can even do a flying change when we are suppose to be doing counter canter. Bodes well eh? Watch out Anky! Here comes Dozzie!!!
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

Anyone else preparing? Just need to know what my opposition might be like!
tongue.gif
grin.gif

skewbaldpony

Visit site
Well my daughter thinks there should be gymkhana games at the Olympics, and I must say I can see her point.
Anyone want to sign up for the squad? I have to tell you I have beaten Olympic medallists in the egg and spoon.
It was lead rein mind you .....

dozzie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well my daughter thinks there should be gymkhana games at the Olympics, and I must say I can see her point.
Anyone want to sign up for the squad? I have to tell you I have beaten Olympic medallists in the egg and spoon.
It was lead rein mind you .....

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be up for it but not sure my old chap could cope. He was damn good at gymkhana in his day! Not sure he will still be here in 2012 though.

Dozzie doesnt do fast.
grin.gif

skewbaldpony

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ah! Yes! Well your legs might just scrape the floor!!!
grin.gif

How good is his passage?
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Never mind that, it's all about tactics, we gotta get Anky on her weak spot.
How good's his halt, immobility?!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
He does a mean flying change!!

I rode him yesterday, well tried, I killed him yesterday. Took him for a walk (yes like a dog) got lost, hours later coming home in the dark, my leggies got a little tired though Rambo could barely go on, fatty. Anyway I sat on him but would he move
mad.gif
I gave up after about five minutes, he was having none of it. Humfp.

On a serious note... who do you think will be are 2012 riders?

skewbaldpony

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He does a mean flying change!!

I rode him yesterday, well tried, I killed him yesterday. Took him for a walk (yes like a dog) got lost, hours later coming home in the dark, my leggies got a little tired though Rambo could barely go on, fatty. Anyway I sat on him but would he move
mad.gif
I gave up after about five minutes, he was having none of it. Humfp.

On a serious note... who do you think will be are 2012 riders?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the halt immobility problem cleared up then!

What, for dressage, or the whole lot?

Cop-Pop

Visit site
My horse managed to do a 360 degree pitoette without taking her back legs off the floor into a dead square halt this evening. Yesterday she did amazing passage while trotting into the rain
grin.gif

Gorgeous George

Visit site
well after the excitement of my red rosette today, perhaps we should get into training!! Ok so George's lateral work doesn't extend beyond leg yield and he does canter odd shaped circles at times, but I'm sure we'll be fine!!!!

dozzie

Visit site
That's ok! The games are in London! It will be raining.

GG You are nearly there! (You have an advantage that your horse has already competed at the Olympics this year. I know you have kept this quiet form everyone but I saw him there! OK he was a bit greyer than in your sig but I reckon that was due to the humidity. Everything is due to the humidity you know!)

Right we have a team!

Zalacca riding ? Zalacca's horse.

GG riding Gorgeous George

FMN riding Rambo (we need a stallion on the team, all the best teams have a stallion)

DM riding Dozzie

Now I know we only need 3 riders but I thought we could squeeze Rambo in as he isnt very big so only counts as half a horse.

I am going to change my name so I sound more like a dressage rider. I thought maybe Laura Sauerkraut-Gherkin would sound quite European...
grin.gif

PaddyMonty

Visit site
I could be a contender for the 2016 games.
My boy managed a perfect canter half pass down the centre line last night.
Ok so it was the centre line of the A528 in rush hour
shocked.gif
but it did prove that all i need is a few million cones and road work signs scattered around for that perefct 10.
tongue.gif
The viewing public (motorists) didn't seem to appreciate the sheer beauty and elegance, dare I say art that was on display although they did stop to watch.
wink.gif

dozzie

Visit site
PMSL!!!

Knowing how long it takes to build things over here the dressage may be taking place on the M25. So you may be ok for 2012. (I will keep you as reserve for now, with a view to 2016)

skewbaldpony

Visit site
Well I was going to change mine to Anky van Gruesome, but as you 've got the dressage covered, maybe I'll change it to Lucinda Whitaker. That should cover a couple of bases.
Unfortunately, the Cobbemara Bog-Cob tends to go through his fences rather than over, but he does love the rain, so as you say, London is the venue for him!

dozzie

Visit site
Blimey! At this rate we are going to have to have selection trials! Dont worry I have a field and some cones we can use.
cool.gif
It is on a bit of a slope in places.

We could always put forward a suggestion for a new olypic sport. Non-showjumping? Where you get faults if you jump clear? I think we would easily win Gold.
grin.gif

skewbaldpony

Visit site
Well I still think gymkhana games are the thing.
And I do they should be a compulsory qualifier for all disciplines.
Provided we come up against Amy Tryon in the Sack Race, and William Fox Pitt in Gretna Green, it'll be a shoo in.
I admit I would like to see Anky bending. Nine poles across the diagonal, she'd ace it, wouldn't she?

PaddyMonty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Knowing how long it takes to build things over here the dressage may be taking place on the M25. So you may be ok for 2012.

[/ QUOTE ]

Purfik
smile.gif
I can hack there from Npton using the M1 as a warm up (always lots of cones).
tongue.gif

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
After my modest win at the points show please can I put me and the Appy forward as reserves for the dressage, also can we try out for the bending races? Please, please. (Is there an upper age limit for this as I am only about 4 years younger than John Whitacker)

dozzie

Visit site
Excuse me both of you. I am the dressage team manager!
mad.gif
You have to ask me!
mad.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

YorksG. I think you experience will be very useful. It is always good to have a more senior rider on the team.
The Skewbald has clearly more up to date experience of Gymkhana so she is going to be in charge of that team I think.
cool.gif
Will you be able to do the Sack race without your zimmer frame?
tongue.gif

Lobelia- sounds good to me. Can you get a square halt and do you bend correctly in halfpass?
tongue.gif