2014 Foals Where are you????????????

dianchi

Visit site
Do we have any 2014 foals due??????

I haven't got one due but came across this and does make you want them to stay cute...........

16062011373-001.jpg

Kacey88

Visit site
Mine is due in 4 weeks, no major signs of an earlier arrival as of yet. I was wondering where all the foals are too!

Spring Feather

Visit site
That's rather well organised Spring Feather!

I guess these are experienced mares for you?

Yes well after last year I didn't think we should do the same thing again this year lol. Last year I had one born every day until they were all out. There was no let-up except for the one mare who tested that she would foal within a few hours, she always foals through the day so I thought I'd be able to sleep that night, however that didn't really work as then last years maiden mare decided she would test at foaling within 24 hours so I had to stay up all night for her to foal her out *sigh*

This year one is a maiden but the rest are all mares I've foaled out a number of times so yes they're good experienced girls.

I'm starting to get quite excited now as, it's always exciting, and this year I have some extra special foals coming :smile3:

mynutmeg

Visit site
I've only done it once but am quite sad I'm not foaling anythign out - it was a lot of fun and they're so cute at the early stage! Even the staying up at night was 'almost' fun (camping at the yard)

paullam9

Visit site
My horse is also due 4th May but doesn't look as big as yours and mines not a maiden either. We have felt kicking though so there's something in there!

Rosie has been big from the get go. Do you have a picture of yours. We think mines is a maiden but she is rather big lol. I've not felt of seen anything yet. 😦 xx

Char0901

Visit site
None for me personally this year.
First and only time last year!
Friend who's yard I'm on has two due soon, I'm looking forward to being around real babies again... Without having to go through the sleepless nights and all the worrying! And I worried a lot! For no particular reason, just wanted everything to be ok!
My mare was a maiden, but turned out to be the most amazing mother.

Deli

Visit site
Rosie has been big from the get go. Do you have a picture of yours. We think mines is a maiden but she is rather big lol. I've not felt of seen anything yet. �� xx

I will take photos tomorrow, I have one due 4 May and one 6 May. The 6th may is bigger and you can actually see the belly moving and the mare lifting her legs when it kicks, the 4th May one is smaller and I can occasionally feel little kicks.

Carefreegirl

Visit site
End of June so aaagggeees yet :biggrin3: She sadly lost last years with 9 weeks to go (twisted umbilical) so although I'm chilled atm come the end of April I'm sure I'll be a nervous wreck. I keep her at the stud as I ride for her owner so at least she's in the best possible hands.

DorothyJ

Visit site
Are we now at the height of foaling season - when are most foals born? I thought with thoroughbreds it was deliberately early, Jan/Feb, bearing in mind that they will race as 2 year olds. Must be a very exciting but busy time for the bigger studs.

Kacey88

Visit site
Are we now at the height of foaling season - when are most foals born? I thought with thoroughbreds it was deliberately early, Jan/Feb, bearing in mind that they will race as 2 year olds. Must be a very exciting but busy time for the bigger studs.

I can only speak for over here, but lots of mares ran late last year because of the awful spring we had. Many started to cycle later. Not mine though, she never seemed to go out of season!

Anyone want to share updates on how your "nearly there" mares are doing? Mine is due 5th April, teats dropped about a week ago and back end is sloping away for a few days now. No bag yet really, but she sure is acting different. Any seasoned breeders be able to tell me when does the foal usually drop? :)

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site
Our first foal has arrived!

Rita was three days away from going 12 months but decided that St Patrick's Day would be the day she dropped; she foaled last night at 11:45pm and has a beautiful bay filly foal. We've named her Ace :)

Pictures will follow once I can get OH to stop staring lovingly at his new baby!

paullam9

Visit site
Our first foal has arrived!

Rita was three days away from going 12 months but decided that St Patrick's Day would be the day she dropped; she foaled last night at 11:45pm and has a beautiful bay filly foal. We've named her Ace :)

Pictures will follow once I can get OH to stop staring lovingly at his new baby!

Congratulations. Can't wait for pics x

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site
Meet Ace, aka Sleeping Beauty (that's all she's done so far!). She's by an American stallion called Cams Card Shark out of an imported American mare called Vain In Spain (Rita). Ace is our first yankee foal - hopefully not the last :)

attachment.php

She's the first foal of my OH's and my breeding venture, and her registered name will be Crosshill Ace.

Spring Feather

Visit site
Aw lovely foal CP.

My first one is due next week. She's quite large lol. Her bag is big but not enormous and it's just fluid coming out atm so we still have a bit to go. Everything is ready for her; CCTV in the foaling stalls are all up and running again, the foal blankets are all washed and ready, just hoping the weather warms up a bit; we're forecast -18c on Sunday overnight and although the day times we're in the plus degrees, it's still in the minus figures overnight. I'm kind of hoping she'll hang for a couple more weeks tbh and then we should be up around 20c daytimes and plus degrees overnight. She's the only mare we have foaling in March, the next batch of foals will be arriving in April and the final lot were all bred on the same day and they usually always foal together, on the same day, or every day after the previous foal pops out.

HazyXmas

Visit site
I think that i'm going have an unexpected BOGOF foal within the next month or so.

I bought a young ConnieXTBxID filly last September to break in & bring on. She was tricky as hadn't really had any handling before we got her. We did a little bit of ground work over the winter & then sent her to a friend four weeks ago for her to get on her. All was going well until i got a phone call to say that she'd suddenly got really huge & they could see something moving in her tummy!!!!

Previous owner is a breeder & denies any knowledge of it so no idea who the sire is or what date she might be due. She's due her third jab this week so vet coming to have a look at her.

I've no experience of foals, or any desire to have one, so am dreading the whole thing.