2014 plans?

Twiglet

Visit site
Up until a week ago 2014 plans were to get Buzz out at BE90 in March, with eventual aim for the year of a sub 30 dressage and DC.

Now it's to get him through diagnosis and treatment of whatever tumour/mass has been found and get him healthy again :(

Tayto

Visit site
I plan to pass my trailer test so I can take my girl to some local shows next year. She is my first horse and I have never competed before so going to start low level with some equitation classes at local shows with a view to stepping it up a gear in 2015 :)

My mare is quite green so want to get as many showing miles under her belt as poss!

Good luck to everyone with their goals!

Snow steps

Visit site
Get horses fit for polocrosse. Play polocrosse and think about polocrosse and if I have time set up new business. Which will of course include polocrosse.

monkeybum13

Visit site
Wally is 5 this year (birthday in June) so would like to do some BS, maybe a spot of BD and would love to fit in a BYEH class somewhere, not sure if it would be me or my instructor riding although not too fussed if he doesn't do a BYEH class.

Can't wait to take him XC schooling and hopefully some ODEs throughout the year :D

rachyblue

Visit site
Get baby M going again (he's officially 4 - but his real birthday is May) and find my brave pants and do one of the two things.

Get on and ride

or

Sell!

Shrimp

Visit site
Well having nearly lost my horse last year, every day is a bonus! But competition wise, I'd love to get to the novice winter regionals but that depends on getting the go ahead from the vet (recovering from a suspensory tweak). After that qualifying for summer regionals at Novice, having a go at elementary and poss qualify for pet plan areas. I also hope that we get jumping again and would like to do aintree national show for the unaff ROR classes.
Best of luck everyone :)

khalswitz

Visit site
I am aiming to get Geoff and myself more relaxed about competing together. That's the main one.

I am aiming to break the 60% score in the Intros, ideally by summer, and work on the canter LOTS until it is presentable enough not only to actually score ok at prelim, but to hopefully affiliate by the end of the year... so getting consistent 65's at prelim unaff.

I am also aiming to do more jumping - start out with lots of 60's and 70's until we are confident, and not getting stupid refusals when we can walk over it!! Ideally I'd like to be jumping 80cm by the end of the year and get that consistent over the winter, so we can aim for a BE in 2015.

Transport allowing, I'd like to do the same as last year XC wise - two or three hunter paces, a hunter trial if I can, and ideally a stupidly easy height ODE just to test the water (probably do like a 60cm or something I know we will have no battles about, so we can get some confidence).

I am also aiming to keep up my lessons, my RC training, and to attend both my RC and BRC region camp.

I made the mistake last year of aiming too high too soon - I wanted to get out to some BE this year, and Geoff just proved that he needed more respect from me, and more time to gain his confidence. So this year I am setting the bar low, with lots of baby steps that we can definitely gain. Transport makes ODEs/XC difficult to plan for, but if we can get our confidence doing SJ and DR at the centre a short hack from us, then I know I'm at least building his competition experience and the skillsets he'll need for eventing (he's an ex pointer so XC is his strong point anyway!!!).

Fingers crossed!!

Farma

Visit site
To keep my horse sound and ideally become competetive at medium with maybe an adv med before the end of 2014. Plus started my stage 2 course so passing that at some point would be nice :)