2017 European eventing championships

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
I'm joining the thread rather late in the day as we are away in Italy with poor internet! I am trying to work out how I can possibly watch any of the action tomorrow. I love being in Italy but I am frustrated not to be in Poland, especially as we had tickets for the whole event........

MT_Whippet_Man

New User
Visit site
Just noticed that the BBC Red Button coverage of the cross country appears to end at 2.30pm, yet the cross country goes on to 3.30pm. I'll probably set it to record to beyond 3.30pm in case this information is wrong, but it may be that we'll need to switch to watching online (or on a smart TV) for the last hour, which includes the final rotation of team riders.

ihatework

Visit site
I'm joining the thread rather late in the day as we are away in Italy with poor internet! I am trying to work out how I can possibly watch any of the action tomorrow. I love being in Italy but I am frustrated not to be in Poland, especially as we had tickets for the whole event........

FEI TV. Join on a months trial then cancel your subscription!

Chiffy

Visit site
Morning, can anyone put me in the direction of a start list and times for today. I have the British times but if I can't sit and watch everyone, there will be certain people I don't want to miss. Thank you

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
Dog sorted, horse next, then a day in front of the TV. Also need to remember to pack up a bag for event I'm working at this evening...

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I am watching. Does anyone think a lot of the course looks like an equine version of Alton Towers ! twisting turning, pulling pushing no rhythm and forwardness ?

Honeylight

Visit site
Looked to have been a fatality, the event was held and I had to go out. Has anyone heard the outcome?
I personally thought the commentating team brushed everything under the carpet, if you had just switched on you would have been unaware, an update, or at least an acknowledgement something serious was wrong would have been preferable to silence.

teapot

Visit site
Looked to have been a fatality, the event was held and I had to go out. Has anyone heard the outcome?
I personally thought the commentating team brushed everything under the carpet, if you had just switched on you would have been unaware, an update, or at least an acknowledgement something serious was wrong would have been preferable to silence.

The latest from both FEI and the BBC commentary is that the horse was up and taken to the onsite vet clinic.

frankster

Visit site
Well in the end a fantastic result or Team GBR, but in future ..... please Mr. BBC, no Adam Cromarty commentary again - words which are not in the English Dictionary (?), changing names and wrong sexes of riders and some funny moments: AC: rider has let her reins go to get through the water.... HM: she has lost her reins. Funny but frustrating.

{97702}

Visit site
Well in the end a fantastic result or Team GBR, but in future ..... please Mr. BBC, no Adam Cromarty commentary again - words which are not in the English Dictionary (?), changing names and wrong sexes of riders and some funny moments: AC: rider has let her reins go to get through the water.... HM: she has lost her reins. Funny but frustrating.

Not like Mike Tucker in the least then :p :D

Chiffy

Visit site
You don't realise what you have lost until it is gone, Levrier. Come back Mike and Ian!
The commentary was annoying to say the least. Adam swapping from knowledge to ignorance by the moment, even if it was asking questions on other people's behalf, and Harry speaking fast trying to impart every bit of Riding knowledge he has.
I have enjoyed his occasional input before but this time it was too much. He had to tell us exactly how to ride every fence and he told us, they were pushing on now, encouraging the horse forward but never losing contact with the reins, SO many times I could scream!
Sorry, I am usually pretty tolerant of a difficult job.

hobo

Visit site
Just to say you took the words right out of my mouth Chiffy. I was someone who was really sad that Mike retired now I am mortified.

But what a fantastic result for team GB.