2020 breeding plans

TheMule

Visit site
Well I had plans to bred my girl who has been my horse of a lifetime. She is an older mare but thought it’s now or never. She’s had 2 attempts fresh AI no joy, 3rd attempt I said to give her all the bells and whistles for her last try and I’ve gone up to her tonight and she looks and smells in season, she’s one of the trampy ones that reeks when she’s in season ? so I’m 95% she hasn’t taken , I’ll get her scanned Monday as arranged to double check but it seems that dream is over! A few people have said to put her with a stallion and let her run with him but what’s the point in that when you spend so long looking for the right match. Ah well least I tried!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for Monday....
If not then I completely agree with you- I could try with mine in a different way, but I want what I want and if I can’t have that then I risk being disappointed with a substitute.

lme

Visit site
My 3 yr old by him is just the loveliest person, I adore him. I am actively looking for a filly by him to invest in for the future

This year we’ve had 2 attempts with what I think is the same SJ stallion. First scan is in a week.

TheMule

Visit site
This year we’ve had 2 attempts with what I think is the same SJ stallion. First scan is in a week.

Good luck! The semen that came to me looked good. He's not available chilled anymore so that seals the deal for me, no more goes :(

Horses_Rule

Visit site
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for Monday....
If not then I completely agree with you- I could try with mine in a different way, but I want what I want and if I can’t have that then I risk being disappointed with a substitute.

Thank you! I’m just going with she isn’t in foal so anything is a bonus now . I’ll probably pass out if she is after all this!

Puzzled

Visit site
My missing papers were from one you have mentioned!
Our vet refused to accept his semen as paperwork not correct! We had to change Stalion at a few hours notice...the stud we changed to said we weren’t the only ones to change to their stallion because of this. Such a shame as he’s a lovely horse.

TheMule

Visit site
Our vet refused to accept his semen as paperwork not correct! We had to change Stalion at a few hours notice...the stud we changed to said we weren’t the only ones to change to their stallion because of this. Such a shame as he’s a lovely horse.

It is absolutely shocking service, they're going to lose a lot of business because of it. My mare is fully health tested, why on earth should I accept a stallion that seemingly isn’t?!

Horses_Rule

Visit site
Update!
After convincing myself for the last 2 weeks she was deffo not going to have taken....
Twins!
Now to get over the next hurdle , popping one! ??‍♀️

Horses_Rule

Visit site
Yay! Just another bit of stress to add to the fun. I hope one sticks!

I knew she wasn’t going to be straight forward but never envisioned this! At least I know she can take as the vet told me very small chance of her being able to hold at all because of fluid

Abi90

Visit site
I knew she wasn’t going to be straight forward but never envisioned this! At least I know she can take as the vet told me very small chance of her being able to hold at all because of fluid

Mine has not taken twice, despite no apparent issue, this time she’s had all the help and she’s ovulated twice... what do we think is going to happen now? I envision myself in the same situation in 2 weeks

Horses_Rule

Visit site
Mine has not taken twice, despite no apparent issue, this time she’s had all the help and she’s ovulated twice... what do we think is going to happen now? I envision myself in the same situation in 2 weeks

Everything crossed for you to have one healthy follicle! It’s so stressful! We have one larger more mature one side and a smaller less developed the other side... so the smaller has been pinched however the very have given a very guarded prognosis as they’re more further along than she’d have liked, just one more tiny bit of luck can’t hurt pleaaaaase!

Abi90

Visit site
Everything crossed for you to have one healthy follicle! It’s so stressful! We have one larger more mature one side and a smaller less developed the other side... so the smaller has been pinched however the very have given a very guarded prognosis as they’re more further along than she’d have liked, just one more tiny bit of luck can’t hurt pleaaaaase!

Thank you. I don’t get much luck so it would be Sod’s law that she takes this time but it’s twins and they don’t survive the pinching

Horses_Rule

Visit site
Well. I said it wouldn’t be straight forward! Expected either blob or no blob today.
Vet told me that remaining blob is still there but looks ‘upset’ by the pinching of other . So it’s yet again a ‘wait and see’ until Tuesday scan ??‍♀️ I feel hopeful that it’s still there and vet said that she’s seen worse come good so yet again fingers crossed !

Abi90

Visit site
Well. I said it wouldn’t be straight forward! Expected either blob or no blob today.
Vet told me that remaining blob is still there but looks ‘upset’ by the pinching of other . So it’s yet again a ‘wait and see’ until Tuesday scan ??‍♀️ I feel hopeful that it’s still there and vet said that she’s seen worse come good so yet again fingers crossed !

Oh goodness. I feel for you. It’s another week before Rosie’s next scan and I’m trying not to be hopeful so I can’t be disappointed

Horses_Rule

Visit site
We have an embryo! Heartbeat scan on the 5th August. I’m so relieved after 2 failed attempts

Excellent news so pleased for you!!!
My remaining twin didn’t survive ☹️ So I’ve given him the go ahead for one final final attempt , although it is late but I at least know she can conceive As it was doubtful before! So this is my last chance, if we fail I’ll be buying a foal next year!

Abi90

Visit site
My remaining twin didn’t survive ☹️ So I’ve given him the go ahead for one final final attempt , although it is late but I at least know she can conceive As it was doubtful before! So this is my last chance, if we fail I’ll be buying a foal next year!

Oh I am so sorry. Fingers crossed for next time. My back up plan was to buy a foal next year too

TheMule

Visit site

Oh that's rubbish, fingers crossed for 1 more chance

Horses_Rule

Visit site
Oh that's rubbish, fingers crossed for 1 more chance

Thanks! He’s following the same process as last time so hopefully it’s successful this time but just want one blob though please!! Wasn’t a massive surprise as when I asked vet she said they were about 24 days which I have no idea how as she was only max 20 days (just the way the week and vet visits fell with weekends etc ) Maybe she’s a fast grower ? so this time Im sorting it so scanned earlier rather than later incase we’ve twinned again, then the pinch ‘should’ be more successful! Bloody horse , I’ve probably asked myself 5000 times why I am doing this?