2020 Season Plans

alexomahony

Visit site
Really enjoying this thread! I love that there's such a range of people in this forum.

My plans are to hopefully get Maldwyn to the point where he can hack comfortably and hope his arthritis won't cause him too much jip.

Sky will be out doing plenty jumping, lots of dressage lessons as i'd really like to get going with that a bit more and hopefully get out to a fair few AE comps/hunter trials and some unaffil ODE's (I just can't justify BE prices)

Good luck to everyone :)

Rosemary28

Visit site
Loving this thread!

My main aim is try and get Rollo out more, indoor cones starts at the beginning of November and I'd love to take him again.
I've also been roped in offered to help re-school Rollo's field mate (driving not riding!), emphasis very much on the helping! My friend will do most but I have said I will do a lot of long-reining with him to get him listening and remind him that he does know how to drive!

I would also love to do my trailer test, we have the vehicle and potentially the funds for a trailer, just need to take the test now!

j1ffy

Visit site
Having just taken on a sensitive 6yo loan horse, all plans are very loose! We've had three lessons with a new (for me) trainer and there have been big improvements already so...

Ideally I'd like to be out doing Novice BD next year (like MP, I can no longer qualify for anything at Prelim) and aim to get him to Ele by the end of the year. Ahead of that we'll do some arena hires and a couple of unaffs just to see how he is away from home.

It will be Chilli's 3yo year so he'll go away to be backed, probably back to Spain as long as we don't end up with no deal... I can't wait to see how he turns out, he has the loveliest nature. He's even put up with me cold hosing his sheath for the last two weeks since he was gelded, yet still walks up to me in the field and shoves his nose in the headcollar!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I'm afraid of making plans. Knowing how fragile horses are, I mostly just hope that I can keep them in one piece until next year. But if Ludo is as special as our trainers and friends think he is, then I'm going to have to make a decision whether to try to conquer my dislike of competing at last, and get him out there earning some points. In some ways it's the last thing I want to do, and on the other hand it's really motivating to have an objective to aim at. We'll see...

Good luck to everyone else with theirs.

Shoei

Visit site
Loving this thread!

My main aim is try and get Rollo out more, indoor cones starts at the beginning of November and I'd love to take him again.
I've also been roped in offered to help re-school Rollo's field mate (driving not riding!), emphasis very much on the helping! My friend will do most but I have said I will do a lot of long-reining with him to get him listening and remind him that he does know how to drive!

I would also love to do my trailer test, we have the vehicle and potentially the funds for a trailer, just need to take the test now!
I put of doing my test for years. Then did an intensive course and have never looked back... go for it!!

AandK

Visit site
Trying not to make any plans for next year as any I have made this year have gone to pot... My poor 6yo has had a really bad month following his arthroscopy mid Sept, he's coming out the other side now thank god and will hopefully be back out in the field to rest in a couple of weeks. It will be Feb time at the earliest before I will be able to get back on him, and it will be starting from scratch again, maybe a prelim test mid/end of summer? Who knows! I have honestly given up thinking I will ever have a horse I can just get on and do stuff with, the last 4yrs have been relentless.

DreamTime22

Visit site
My main goal is I would like to compete in my first affiliated ODE by this time next year. For the rest of this year I'm hoping to get mid 60s in dressage (intro and prelim hopefully) and do one 70cm showjumping course. I would like to do a couple of spring ODEs. I'm really proud of how far Ruby has come already so fingers crossed this would all go well.
Might do half a season BD next year, but not sure yet. The unaffiliated ones round here are fairly well run.
I did promise I'd stick to flatwork and showjumping this year, but there is an arena event next month and I'm really tempted.