4th weekend in April plans?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Any cross posting?

Looks like not!

This is the first time I have started one of these because, when I was competing, I rarely went on HHO, then I had the wilderness years... then I got a beautiful baby horse and he has been doing little things but, this weekend, we are doing something massive!

Somerford camp!

I am practically packed, excited and scared in equal measure.

Weirdly, not at all scared of baby horse, we have prepped for this, this was our medium term goal and we have done stacks of prep. Done clinics, dressage shows, racing college and a farm ride, he is such a cool dude.

Nope, after years of upset and trauma with mum's dementia and then death, not even knowing if I ever wanted to ride again...

After buying Rigsby to get me "back into it"...

After risking a 4 yo from Ireland, bought unseen...

After settling him on and setting goals...

Medium goal of Somerford seemed HUGE as I set it when I was nervous of even going to a clinic!...

Worked at it and worked at it and we are going!!!

I am kind of scared and overwhelmed at just how big a deal it is for me!

Last edited:

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
That's brilliant Red-1. Have a fabulous time.

I am going eventing again. Another Brigante Cup qualifier, this time at Epworth but I am feeling totally overwhelmed as I am drowning in work and am not ready and worrying about the car even though in theory it should be ok now. But I'm sure it will all be fine in the end.

blood_magik

Visit site
Well, the 4yo’s halo finally slipped today - think we did pretty well to get to this point without him putting a toe out of line, personally…

F29CD388-3A0B-44F0-9557-41DFF7373526.jpeg
B55D7B31-B824-4E07-8D5A-257027E0701F.jpeg

Hat took a battering so I’ll have to go buy a replacement tomorrow ?
Thankfully not too sore at the moment

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Really exciting Red! Good luck to you and baby horse for camp, I hope you both have the best time :)

Never anything exciting for my plans but I am certainly looking forward to another hack with share horse this weekend. I'm trying not to think about how I will be moving away in the next couple of months so won't be able to continue the share, and making sure I soak up every moment with her. If I could clone her I would!

I might go and watch a local UA event and take Ivy (hound) to see how we get on. She's good with the horses at the yard (i.e. not remotely interested in them) and if it's nice weather could be good for getting her out to a busy-ish place.

DizzyDoughnut

Visit site
For the fist time ever I have plans and can join in this thread instead of lurking looking at everyone else getting out and about having fun.

I've got a groundwork clinic on Sunday with my baby pony, I know its nothing to a lot of people, but after years of just bumbling round on my own with my elderly ponies it's a scary prospect to me. I'm sure baby pony will take it in his stride and be his usual amazing self and I know he'll thoroughly enjoy watching everyone else. But I'm ridiculously shy and having to meet new people and do stuff in front of them is slightly terrifying.

Good luck with camp, hope you have an amazing time!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Not a lot here, pottering at home. May take the lorry to the yard to do some loading practice with the boy ponies, depends whether OH is planning to continue with the refurb. Need to prepare to move a couple of the girls to the other field, so will probably just spend all weekend umming and ahhing about which 2 :p

have fun all, and hope baby horse wedges his halo back on asap BM!!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Well, the 4yo’s halo finally slipped today - think we did pretty well to get to this point without him putting a toe out of line, personally…

View attachment 91260
View attachment 91261

Crikey, I can't like that! That was a biggie, glad you aren't too sore.

Michen

Visit site
Any cross posting?

Looks like not!

This is the first time I have started one of these because, when I was competing, I rarely went on HHO, then I had the wilderness years... then I got a beautiful baby horse and he has been doing little things but, this weekend, we are doing something massive!

Somerford camp!

Weirdly, not at all scared of baby horse, we have prepped for this, this was our medium term goal and we have done stacks of prep. Done clinics, dressage shows, racing college and a farm ride, he is such a cool dude.

Nope, after years of upset and trauma with mum's dementia and then death, not even knowing if I ever wanted to ride again...

Medium goal of Somerford seemed HUGE as I set it when I was nervous of even going to a clinic!...

This is so nice to read. Good for you. You have given out so much cracking advice on HHO you deserve to be having your own fun!! Hope you have the best time.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Any cross posting?

Looks like not!

Somerford camp!

I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time! ?

Nicnac

Visit site
Have fun all.

Red - you'll have an absolute ball!

Was meant to be doing Munstead ODE but following fall 2.5 weeks ago am still on crutches and robocop boot. Now bleddy horse isn't quite right so daughter not running him either. Think he's just arsed about with Miss Shitland as they are out 24/7 since last weekend and tweaked his bum. Nothing of note and he's not lame, just not right. Technical terms there!

Good to see you back BloodMagik but ouch! Hope you are both ok after that fall.

scats

Visit site

View attachment 91260
View attachment 91261

Hope you’re ok!
Trying to book another farm ride on Sunday, but waiting on confirmation. Aside from that I’m working and still trying to not push myself too much as I’m still very spaced out. Rode Polly tonight but just did 20 minutes.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Ouch that looked a heavy fall! Everyone else's plans seem very exciting.

I was finally released from Covid town today, yay! Went up and rode the Spanish potato(who was ace) and lots of kisses from the Spanish Bean who missed me ?.

I was sad to miss my show last week, but it turned out the judge forgot to turn up anyway ?.

I don't have any horsey plans this weekend as I am on standby at work.

Here is video though of the Spanish girls being cute.

Caol Ila

Visit site
Hopefully hacking Foinavon, but wind on Saturday looks like a b*tch. He's okay in the wind, but the trees that like to fall down occasionally are not.

I'm hoping to start Hermosa in the long reins on Monday. Caso's owner will be there as Second Person. Hermosa single line lunges beautifully, and I have been spending a lot of time throwing ropes, flags, saddle pads, anything around her butt and hindlegs because she found that quite scary at one point. I am hoping she is ready.

I don't know how I am going to train this horse when Caso's owner (and Caso) move to Germany at the end of May. :( There's a lot you can do on your own, but there are some things where having a second person makes it so much easier. This move wasn't part of the plan, but some health issues are forcing her to move back. I can't believe we will only have a month. She's one of my best friends, and after Covid imploded everyone's social lives, I don't have many friends anymore.

ihatework

Visit site
6yo had a nice little local prep outing this week winning his CT on 23.5. At Bicton for what will, all being well, his final BE100 before stepping up to Novice.

Also going to see princess Millie who is ?? growing a baby, I’m going to be so disappointed if she scans empty!

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Enjoy camp @Red-1 !

I've got a busy Sunday at Kelsall Hill - older ginger horse in the novice in the morning and younger ginger horse in his first BE90 at the end of the day. Not quite enough gap to do a switchover, so it's going to be a very long day of having 2 horses on site... Still, exciting to have the unusual experience of eventing 2 on one day!

Peglo

Visit site
Best of luck @Red-1. Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

@blood_magik that was enormous. Glad your ok.

After 18 years of wanting to go I finally went to my first riding club evening. Tali’s first time ridden in the indoor school and we played with poles and maybe even popped a wee jump ? She was brilliant. I love her.

might have plans on Saturday but we’ll see how the day goes before I admit to anything ?

Hope you all have a fab weekend.

Bernster

Visit site
Yikes BM that’s a heck of a photo. Hope you’re ok and baby horse settles easy enough.

Red - camp plans sound fabulous, have fun!

Finn and I are off to munstead ode. Assuming it would be the early class, I asked for a late time, but am not on now until the afternoon and won’t be finished until 6. Yikes. Very late return time for us. Have had to fashion an elastic browband which I hope is ok. Finn has large melanoma around his poll and I don’t use a browband for flatwork any more! But he’s happy and feeling good, we’re just going to enjoy ourselves and hopefully get round in a half decent manner for a fun day out.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We had a flat lesson yesterday which was useful, but while Henry is sound, he clearly needs his coffin joints reinjected. He is booked in for a work up on Tuesday so he will have a quiet weekend hacking and light flatwork until then. Coolie is going to have a little jump to see how he is feeling. He was FULL of it when I rode him the other day.

They are both getting their winter woollies, so I am starting to think about clipping them.

Have fun all, there are some exciting plans here!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Absolutely nowt planned after a rather busy 2 weeks, so time will be spent pootling I think. A 2nd lesson with new coach booked in for early Tuesday morning before chiro vet comes out for routine visit later that morning.
BM I hope you are not too bruised this morning!
Red 1, enjoy camp - and everyone else I hope you too have a good time doing stuff ?

Roxylola

Visit site
Oof BM, that looks awful, hope you're not too bad this morning. I restarted a youngster for someone and the first ride it stood up up and up - generally a balanced rear doesn't phase me but I truly had a moment where I went so this is how I die ?, like time slowed down and everything.
I started a second evening job on Wednesday - need to improve my finances a bit (too many weekend plans) so I'm getting used to that and going for a play xc round eland on Saturday
Good luck, and happy weekends all