4th weekend in April plans?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Much better this evening
View attachment 91603
Having another inflacam tonight, but thankfully the cuts were superficial. She’s back in at night so I arrived this morning to find her covered in bedding so she had obviously had a good lie down sleep.
At least you know what the likely cause is. Hopefully you can stop it happening again!

oldie48

Visit site
Great session today on Mr D, we did lots of trans within the pace and highlight was going from med canter to collected canter. I had a couple of misfires ie we collapsed into trot because I lost the power in the canter usually because I didn't use enough leg but then we got some really lovely work. Putting the aids in place and getting the correct balance is IMO quite tricky. I have huge respect for those who can do it seemlessly, I was quite tired and my thighs ached! Went off to pilates afterwards and made somewhere else ache. It's been a bit of an achy day!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
both the boys were good this weekend, Q starting some sideways in earnest after our last little lesson and Frank did some more human carrying.
Reality check going back to work after 10 days off this morning, boooo. At least there were only 4 working days missed which limited the damage in my inbox ;)

scuse the slightly odd stance,I interrupted him mid-wriggle. i am still v happy about the chilled post-work faces tho! He's still a bit prone to boinging out from under the saddle when an atom moves, blooming livewire, but we're starting to gel quite nicely. A long long way off parties but he's going to be so capable if i can keep his brain on the job.

279065843_5417041121640687_3838957081969843250_n.jpg

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
OK, photo alert!

The photos are all purchased and I have permission to reproduce on here by courtesy of the photographer, Andrew Gourley of Blueski Photography. He was great, followed us round to capture our memories.

Attachments

• dsc_6443.jpg
    dsc_6443.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 57
  • dsc_6444.jpg
    dsc_6444.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 54
  • dsc_6497.jpg
    dsc_6497.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 54
  • dsc_6502.jpg
    dsc_6502.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 56
  • dsc_6523.jpg
    dsc_6523.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 56
  • dsc_6577.jpg
    dsc_6577.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 55
  • dsc_6578.jpg
    dsc_6578.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 53
  • dsc_6625.jpg
    dsc_6625.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 53
  • dsc_6635.jpg
    dsc_6635.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 54
  • dsc_6636.jpg
    dsc_6636.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

DizzyDoughnut

Visit site
Those photos are fantastic! Looks like you're having the best time and Homer looks brilliant and he has such a kind looking face!

Our very 1st clinic for both me and the baby pony went really well considering we were both new to this. He was so good. Its the 1st time he's been somewhere with random horses coming and going and walking past them loading and unloading on trailers etc, he hardly gave the other horses a 2nd glance.
We stood outside the school watching the person who was in before us then went in while they were finishing up and the other horse may as well have not been there, he couldn't have been less bothered he just stayed with me doing everything I asked of him. The only time he got distracted was when the mare in the field next to the school start shouting for him but even then within a minute he settled back down and got on with it. He is so clever and as soon as he understands what you want he tries so hard to do his best at anything you want to do. He was fantastic and I still can't quite believe how lucky I got considering I bought him unseen off one photo because he looked well put together and just had friendly eyes.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Tagging this on, as had lesson this morning.

Set off before 8 as schools are back and we have a very trafficky route, so arrived early....
Had a blooming brilliant lesson and finished early on a v good note as we were both flagging a little and getting hot.
Started with canter jump exercises; each corner of huge arena had - set off the track - a pole a fence and a pole, so canter work established with jumping on a curve on each rein. Followed by 1 of those and a turn down just off centre line to pop one leg of a 4 pole star and turn again to corner, pop and then across centre line to pop another leg of the star to change rein.
Repeated again, then popping the centre of the star,v good for accuracy. Followed by a corner and a water tray, then a v skinny brush, wavy planks and an oxer with blocks, with another over with filler boards.
Might all sound a bit random but was excellent for balance and control.
B brilliant, we like this new trainer who totally gets 'us'. B now cooled down and dozing in her box.....

J&S

Visit site
Red, your baby horse is doing so well with you. He is benefiting from the time, effort and expertise you are able to put into him. Harking back to the "mis sold/mis bought" thread......... I wonder how he would be faring in less dedicated hands? Congratulations and all the best wishes for the future.

Pippity

Visit site
I'm a bit late to the party, because I was in the land of no wifi. However, I spent the weekend hoolying round the Lake District with the magnificent Charlie from Cumbrian Heavy Horses! We had one day up exploring the fells and one day galloping along the beach, and I couldn't tell you which I preferred. It's slightly weird to see a 17hh Clydesdale taking up about the same amount of leg as my 15hh bog cob, though.

1651076718179.png 1651076748969.png 1651076821567.png

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
I'm a bit late to the party, because I was in the land of no wifi. However, I spent the weekend hoolying round the Lake District with the magnificent Charlie from Cumbrian Heavy Horses! We had one day up exploring the fells and one day galloping along the beach, and I couldn't tell you which I preferred. It's slightly weird to see a 17hh Clydesdale taking up about the same amount of leg as my 15hh bog cob, though.

View attachment 91698View attachment 91699View attachment 91700

That looks incredible! Fab pictures :)

nikicb

www.facebook.com
So many lovely reports and photos from everyone which have been very enjoyable to read.

My plans don't seem to coincide with weekends very often, so I'm sneaking into the end of this thread before a new one is started tomorrow. We had a chilly trip out stressaging this morning. Maddie was a bit tense in the first test, and was distracted by a lorry, and a car plus trailer, moving around in the parking area. She was much better in the second test as I kept her more forward, and she didn’t spook at all, which she normally does in the arena closest to the indoor. Unfortunately that affected her rhythm and balance a little, but I was really pleased that she was much more focussed on the job in hand. All transitions were in the right place in each test (both judges commented 'obedient' for her right canter strike offs, which can sometimes be a little delayed/lazy!), and there were no breaks/attempted changes in the canter work which is great.

Given we haven’t competed together since August last year, and with me definitely feeling very ring rusty, I was pretty happy with 66.60% and 66.55% which are both regional qualifying scores. She did made me laugh today as she decided that Welshie snorting was required in the warm up - she's never done that before, but apparently there were gremlins hiding in the boards around the arena and she needed to warn everybody about them. It was at that point that I decided to engage the body in some lateral work and hoped the mind would follow pretty quickly. Thankfully it did!!

Gratuitous photo of the princess pony, with nostrils still fluttering.
1f60d.png

279327237_2290786851060329_757640813453505135_n.png