5 stage vetting and undiscovered sarcoid

popsdosh

Visit site
Just to clarify the dealer would need to give you a full refund if the horse is not as described! however you may spend well in excess of the 10% proving this to be the case . As other have said minor handling issues in a new arrival are not uncommon and certainly not a reason to send back.

popsdosh

Visit site
OP sorry not much help on sarcoids but you can return the horse for full purchase price as you bought from a dealer, do not let them tell you otherwise.

You can return for no reason if you wish.

Totally wrong as the only time in consumer law that a product can be returned for a full refund for any reason is under the distance selling regulations that cover internet and tel orders where the customer has not seen the goods prior to purchase.Thats clearly not the case here!

How could you return a horse for Sarcoids having had the horse vetted as the vendor did not hide anything. Caveat emptor!im afraid.

Last edited:

lori ann

Visit site
Are you sure they are sarcoids ? So many things can look like a nodular sarcoid. Only way to be sure is for the vet to have a look. I have experience of so many different types which have popped up over the years and nodular sarcoids are very easy to laser and leave no remaining issues. Your vet may be willing to do this if indeed they are sarcoids foc.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Are you sure they are sarcoids ? So many things can look like a nodular sarcoid. Only way to be sure is for the vet to have a look. I have experience of so many different types which have popped up over the years and nodular sarcoids are very easy to laser and leave no remaining issues. Your vet may be willing to do this if indeed they are sarcoids foc.

The vet will be very willing to treat the sarcoids but OP will have to shoulder the expense .

Goldenstar

Visit site
You cannot really count the vetting cost or the transport costs. They are par for the course of buying a horse. I expect that is correct the dealer reducing the price back to you - they have to readvertise the horse etc. If you are not happy with the horse on other grounds and they have agreed to take it back - I wouldn't bother substantiating that these are sarcoids or not - for what point? Just send it back and take the monetary hit.

I agree it is a more than fair offer .

Darremi

Visit site
You would have to prove that the lumps were sarcoids before taking any further action legally. My horse had lumps that myself and my vet thought were sarcoids. But they turned out to be harmless granuloma.

Kokopelli

Visit site
Kokopelli in really sorry but I don't think this is true. Like any other purchase, I think you only have a right of return if the horse is not fit for purpose or materially not as described.

I don't actually think the seller has done a single thing wrong here. The horse was made available for inspection, nothing was hidden. IF the sarcoids were there when it was vetted, then I think the buyer's claim is against the vet, not the seller. The seller will take it back at a reduced fee (though that may be VERY reduced now it has sarcoids diagnosed). The vet should make up the difference.

My mistake sorry, it's a practice we do where I work so assumed it was buyers rights.

Hope everything works out OP.

hoarse

Visit site
Thank you all for your responses. I have made an appointment for my vet to come and have a look next week and will take it from there.