A bit of a Genie update

miss_c

Visit site
I don't think I've posted any comp reports since winter regionals, so here goes! Apologies for the quality of the photos - zoomed in from my phone.

After RC Areas which were unfortunately a few days after regionals G had a month of just chilling, being a horse, and hacking. She always gives me 110% and so it was time for her to have some time to relax after working so hard and travelling a fair amount of mileage.

We started back in with attempting to be selected to represent Avon at the BD Inter-County Challenge. I am thrilled to say we were successful and I will be riding as an Individual in the Novice, I wasn't even expecting to be a reserve at Novice so am completely over the moon. I have also managed to attend two other BD training days and am waiting to hear if I have been successful in being selected to represent the South West at the BD Inter-Regionals in mid-May at Prelim - everything is firmly crossed!

603860_887850397941134_8262086280301496722_n.jpg

10253855_887850504607790_7440974120580169322_n.jpg

11091_887850554607785_3511596574338643154_n.jpg

Easter holidays finally arrived which meant that I had a chance to get out competing and try to get qualifications finished - because of my job it is hard to fit in competing during term time as I only get one day a week off when generally I just want to flop. We started with West Wilts where, despite swans causing chaos for many competitors, we won P17 on 69.6% and were 2nd in the Restricted Novice on 64.9%. Unfortunately in the Novice I made two very costly mistakes that put us below the winner - sack the pilot!

Easter Sunday was spent at the beach with trendybraincell, allowing the dressage welshies to let their hair flow free and have a good gallop.

20420_895244250535082_7223218009769311240_n.jpg

Next up was Cotswold RDA with the aim of finishing qualification for Summer Regionals. We had a few 'discussions' and I felt completely outclassed in the warmup as usual, but G went into the arena and straight into show-off mode. We were 2nd in P14 on 73.54%, a new personal best for us, and then won the Restricted Novice on 70.37% which was the first time we have broken the 70% barrier at BD. VERY pleased!

Finally was Summerhouse on Friday which I nearly withdrew from as we had finished our qualifications. However myself, Genie, Mum, two bichons and my nephew headed off bright and early. I did not allow enough time to work in for P15 however I needn't have worried as Genie pulled it out of the bag for me. 1st on 71.3%, almost 3% clear of 2nd place. The Novice went ok in my opinion, and I was thrilled with 67.5% and 3rd in the Restricted against very good company. Everything seems to be falling into place at Novice now so after one last shot at a Prelim qualification at Summer Regionals we shall step up to Novice properly.

(Please note, I have NO idea what my hands are doing in some of these photos!!)

11138107_898248123568028_834122233253921174_n.jpg

10426150_898248136901360_4608475416151069885_n.jpg

20992_898248153568025_523472600280916041_n.jpg

11150410_898248176901356_7458193433502576451_n.jpg

That's it for Genie now until the Inter-County Challenge, so we shall be doing lots of schooling at home and plenty of hacking out. Planning permission has finally been granted for the arena at the new yard and we are hoping that it will be in very shortly.

Thank you for reading. Full reports and more pictures are on my blog. Please help yourself to raspberry or lemon sorbet!

Kat_Bath

Visit site
A fab post. Likewise, she's one of my favourite forum horses. I am down to write on 3rd and 4th May at summerhouse so maybe see you there!

miss_c

Visit site
She's looking fab, she's one of my fave forum horses! Well done on all the fab scores.

Thank you! She's feeling fab as well at the moment! I finally feel that I can ride a respectable medium trot in a test situation and she is getting more and more consistent. Onwards and upwards!

A fab post. Likewise, she's one of my favourite forum horses. I am down to write on 3rd and 4th May at summerhouse so maybe see you there!

Thank you! Please do wave if you're writing for us at Summerhouse and feel free to come and say hello at the lorry if you get the chance! Lorry is bright purple with lilac/pink decal on the side.

Kat_Bath

Visit site
Thank you! Please do wave if you're writing for us at Summerhouse and feel free to come and say hello at the lorry if you get the chance! Lorry is bright purple with lilac/pink decal on the side.

Will do-would love to meet you! There are a LOT of classes so the chances are slim but you never know! But if I see the lorry I'll say hi!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Great update, all sounds very positive - well done! Got to love a bay mare, even if I am a touch biased ;)

SoldierBlue

Visit site
Congrats! With those scores you'll be qualified for Regionals at Novice in no time at all :) Its great when you finally crack medium trot away from home, its been my bug bear for months now and we're finally getting it, still more to come though :) Hope to see you out and about again soon!

miss_c

Visit site
Will do-would love to meet you! There are a LOT of classes so the chances are slim but you never know! But if I see the lorry I'll say hi!

Touch wood we get a chance to meet up! I was going to be writing and then was selected so writing was put on hold!

Great update, all sounds very positive - well done! Got to love a bay mare, even if I am a touch biased ;)

Bay mares rock ;) Thank you!

Congrats! With those scores you'll be qualified for Regionals at Novice in no time at all :) Its great when you finally crack medium trot away from home, its been my bug bear for months now and we're finally getting it, still more to come though :) Hope to see you out and about again soon!

Yes it's been an absolute mental block for me both at home and away... I know Genie can do it, but then I panic and override. We went to a BD clinic with Nicci du Plessis which REALLY helped me and I think it has now clicked. The plan this year is Petplans at Novice, Regionals at Prelim, and then after the summers onwards and upwards! :D Hope to see you soon. xxx

Avon!? Avon?!

Yes ester, Avon! Even though it hasn't existed for donkeys years! Technically we are South Glos but there's never anything for South Glos!

miss_c

Visit site
Looking good! Got to love a Welshie. Just consistently brilliant!

Thank you! I'm very very VERY proud of her ;)

Well done, so nice to be able to rely on your horsie! She is lovely great scores!

Thank you Kikke! She's got a bit of an attitude especially when schooling at home, but the second she turns down the centre line at a show she goes into showoff mode! :D

_GG_

Visit site
Right....you MUST let me know next time you are at Summerhouse because I am definitely overdue some Genie cuddles and now I'm riding again, I may even pop down to you at some point and hop on for a play :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!!!

Well done you as well, she's only as good as the training you have put into her! xxx

miss_c

Visit site
Right....you MUST let me know next time you are at Summerhouse because I am definitely overdue some Genie cuddles and now I'm riding again, I may even pop down to you at some point and hop on for a play :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!!!

Well done you as well, she's only as good as the training you have put into her! xxx

Haha! May 3rd and 4th for the ICC! ;)

You know you are most welcome to come for a sit anytime, just message me and we'll arrange a day!