A boring but quick request

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
you don't actually have to write your name. i didn't.
It gets the red asterisk indicating that it is a required response? I stopped at that point, too. I'm not going to second guess what responses are/aren't required, and I'm certainly not going to give my real name, or dream up a false one.

Sorry, OP, but a useful learning point for you. These surveys are usually (IME always) anonymous.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
It gets the red asterisk indicating that it is a required response? I stopped at that point, too. I'm not going to second guess what responses are/aren't required, and I'm certainly not going to give my real name, or dream up a false one.

Sorry, OP, but a useful learning point for you. These surveys are usually (IME always) anonymous.
You could just write "cupboard" though ?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Done, I used my HHO username and didn't give any info that I haven't put on here before. I am retired and did notice that there weren't really options for those of us who are retired to answer correctly/usefully.

Reactions: TPO

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I got stuck even before the name part, when it wanted my email.

I was going to put in a 'wrong' email but it wanted me to sign into my account, I couldn't simply type another emal; never had this happen before.

View

Visit site
I got stuck even before the name part, when it wanted my email.

I was going to put in a 'wrong' email but it wanted me to sign into my account, I couldn't simply type another emal; never had this happen before.

it was quite happy to let me complete the form without signing into an account, and for name I just typed “not needed”.

Reactions: TPO

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
it was quite happy to let me complete the form without signing into an account, and for name I just typed “not needed”.
My computer is self filling my email address and isn't letting me change it unless to another registered account. Never had that before.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScM404TGp4_93cDBgD40OO4VpB0fMsjaVThS4tmyPbWwrnidA/viewform

Please complete this very short, very mundane survey ? I would be very grateful and you can consider it your good deed for the day.

I'm coming back to this because there is so much about it that does not pass normal ethical standards for an educational survey and there is no way of distinguishing it from an email harvesting tool.

I believe that the intro should identify you, your qualification, the purpose of the survey, your supervisor and the establishment you are studying at. You should not be demanding names with a field marked as mandatory. You should not be collecting email addresses that people don't volunteer to give (I have the same issue as Red, this is a Google autofill which I can't edit).

I'm sorry if it sounds rude, but I would advise people, just in case, since you don't have a long history on the forum, not to complete the survey until you add the other information and change the email/name collection.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I'm coming back to this because there is so much about it that does not pass normal ethical standards for an educational survey and there is no way of distinguishing it from an email harvesting tool.

I believe that the intro should identify you, your qualification, the purpose of the survey, your supervisor and the establishment you are studying at. You should not be demanding names with a field marked as mandatory. You should not be collecting email addresses that people don't volunteer to give (I have the same issue as Red, this is a Google autofill which I can't edit).

I'm sorry if it sounds rude, but I would advise people, just in case, since you don't have a long history on the forum, not to complete the survey until you add the other information and change the email/name collection.

Good advice but I was able to complete the survey without my email address. I would have liked to know more about the purpose of survey.

BeansNsausages

Visit site

I'm passing it on for a friend. Im not that invested to pass on the feedback though lol. I mean that in the least rude way possible. I'm sure you're probably right.

BeansNsausages

Visit site
Turns out the 'quick' request is actually a whole new topic of debate ?

The survey was passed on for a friend who works in retail who is doing some kind of course. I have not asked many questions as I am not in the least bit interested in the answers but she is almost certainly not out to steal anyone's info. I have known her since we were kids but of course understand what you are saying and will take that onboard going forward. Apologies.