A picture from the past

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Lovely shiny pony and what a view
He was a great pony. Always enjoyed life and up for anything ? though sometimes had dodgy brakes ? I used to stay with a friend near Bassenthwaite and had some fab rides up there. Beautiful area. The dog was great too, when riding he stayed under the ponies nose at any speed up never moved from there and never go stood on.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
He was a great pony. Always enjoyed life and up for anything ? though sometimes had dodgy brakes ? I used to stay with a friend near Bassenthwaite and had some fab rides up there. Beautiful area. The dog was great too, when riding he stayed under the ponies nose at any speed up never moved from there and never go stood on.

It sounds great and when your young no brakes doesn't really matter does it:D

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Little, rubber-booted 8yo me with my favourite riding school pony Lady. The riding school ran Showjumping leagues each summer hols and I won that year and got a trophy ?. Looking back at the photos the fences were about 40cm, but I remember thinking at the time that I was pretty close to winning hickstead

IMG20210124104953.jpg

Polos Mum

Visit site
Mine is on the H&H landing page - the grey in the Francis article on jumping skinnys. He was with me for 10 years after he retired from eventing with Francis, I was choked up all day yesterday having randomly opened H&H to find his amazing face looking back at me.

Lovely to think back to happier times with him.

dorsetladette

Visit site
When clearing my dads house after he passed I took all the horsey stuff as I'm the only sibling that continued the interest. So lots of photos from the past as my parents had a welsh pony stud. They bring back such happy memories. A couple of tiny me plunked on ponies. The palomino is an A stallion and that photo is just before the grand parade at Royal Lancs. Tommy slipped his bridle and tried to mount a bull in the row infront of him ?‍♀️in the parade. The grey is my dad at the royal welsh he was a C stallion. The chestnut is also a C and son of the grey. The black is a 3 year old C colt with my dad in the collecting ring at the Royal welsh. All photos are early 80s I think. Just look how proud and happy dad looks with his ponies.

Attachments

• IMG_20200514_153926_compress23.jpg
    IMG_20200514_153926_compress23.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG-20200601-WA0004_compress95.jpg
    IMG-20200601-WA0004_compress95.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_07991_compress28.jpg
    IMG_07991_compress28.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20200601_135541_compress30.jpg
    IMG_20200601_135541_compress30.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_08011_compress81.jpg
    IMG_08011_compress81.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20200531_215120_compress44.jpg
    IMG_20200531_215120_compress44.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 60

Pippity

Visit site
When clearing my dads house after he passed I took all the horsey stuff as I'm the only sibling that continued the interest. So lots of photos from the past as my parents had a welsh pony stud. They bring back such happy memories. A couple of tiny me plunked on ponies. The palomino is an A stallion and that photo is just before the grand parade at Royal Lancs. Tommy slipped his bridle and tried to mount a bull in the row infront of him ?‍♀️in the parade. The grey is my dad at the royal welsh he was a C stallion. The chestnut is also a C and son of the grey. The black is a 3 year old C colt with my dad in the collecting ring at the Royal welsh. All photos are early 80s I think. Just look how proud and happy dad looks with his ponies.

Your dad has such a kind face!

Rosie'smum

Visit site
This photo is of me aged 9, riding pepper. He was the first pony I rode at Twylands Riding school. Loved spending my Sundays there helping out all day. Only the 3rd horse I had sat on. All hand me down attire from a friend my parents knew.

Attachments

• 1612287632287-3828a7a7-fcdf-44b0-8628-94f52890057c.jpg
    1612287632287-3828a7a7-fcdf-44b0-8628-94f52890057c.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 40

Pippity

Visit site
This photo is of me aged 9, riding pepper. He was the first pony I rode at Twylands Riding school. Loved spending my Sundays there helping out all day. Only the 3rd horse I had sat on. All hand me down attire from a friend my parents knew.

I love the hat cocked at a jaunty angle!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
This is a great thread! This is me on my favourite riding school pony. As you can see I’ve always been a puny little thing ? I think this is either very late 90’s or early 00’s. This was where my love for cheeky little grey ponies began.
View attachment 63955

Lovely riding position and look at those hands.

oldie48

Visit site
Probably the start of our long (and expensive) equestrian journey. My daughter is 3 and I'm mid 40's, we used to go to the Botanical Gardens in Birmingham on a Sunday and for a few months there was a donkey called Charlie. My daughter loved having a ride on him and became totally obsessed with anything equine. The rest is history, she no longer rides and I fear I am coming to the end of my journey too but we've had such fun!charlie.jpg

Mrs B

Visit site
This is me aged about 8(?) so 1975 at the local gymkhana on the RS pony I looked after, Inky. Black rubber boots, school cardi & tie, pancake saddle with foam pad and a plastic blue & yellow browband ... think this was the year he ate the potato in the potato race ...:rolleyes: (and that's my Mum in the background with our Morris Traveller)

Inky and me.jpg

And then at about 17 at a local show in Leicestershire on Patsy, our family horse.

Patsy2.jpg

Mrs B

Visit site
My first pony, purchased at weaning, as a 3 year old in 1969. Both my children rode him at Pony Club. 1/4 Arab, 3/4 Welsh, his Grandsire was Shifari. He was PTS in 1992.

View attachment 63853

Lovely photo ... :)
I still have a bit like that in my collection! Brass rings and nickel mouthpiece (remember polishing the rings with Brasso) ... dunno what on earth I'm 'saving' it for, though!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Lovely photo ... :)
I still have a bit like that in my collection! Brass rings and nickel mouthpiece (remember polishing the rings with Brasso) ... dunno what on earth I'm 'saving' it for, though!

Thank you. Taken by OH not long after we met.

I don’t think have the bit, there is a faint possibility it is at the back of a cupboard, but I do have the noseband and the reins.

QuantockHills

Visit site
No photos of me as a child but 6 year old daughter hacking on the Quantocks. Joey was the perfect first pony for her as she didn't do lead rein. Second pic is her doing a HT at Stockland Lovell, she had the biggest grin on her face when she came home clear if only we could have cloned him.View attachment 63859View attachment 63861
I live on the Quantocks and go to camps and lessons at Stockland Lovell... sadly they don't run any hunter trials anymore..

Pippity

Visit site
Probably didnt fit quite right! lol Think it was given to me. My next hat had 1 of those chin cups :p

I was so proud of my first chin cup helmet. I carefully matched the silk to my favourite rugby shirt, ready for when I graduated from 30cm crosspoles to cross-country. (Spoiler: I have never done cross-country.)