A stallion for Grace?

_jetset_

Visit site
Grace is going to the vets on Monday, so if it is bad news and time off then I have made the decision to put her into foal at the beginning of spring. I have always thought something like Jazz would compliment her, but as I am relatively new to this breeding game (I only just managed to get Troy to 6 months without having a breakdown) and would really appreciate more experienced breeders' advice.

This is Grace at the last competition she did (the Areas). She is out of an ex-racing mare by Ginola du Rezidal (out of a KWPN Class 1 Grade A SJ mare, by Greeton du Rezidal http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/greeton+du+rezidal2).

25thAugust20074.jpg

25thAugust20076.jpg

25thAugust20072.jpg

25thAugust200711.jpg

Thank you for all of your help in advance
smile.gif

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
She's a nice type of mare, what is the TB part of her pedigree out of interest?
I am guessing it might be flat racing/sprinter type blood as she is built a little downhill and that is the main thing I'd want to address in picking a stallion for her.
In her way of going how is her hind leg - do you want a quicker and more active hind leg?

_jetset_

Visit site
I don't know much about her Mum as unfortunately she was sent to the sales when she didn't produce the good so to speak, but she was flat racing we think.

I would definitely like something that had an active hind leg. Grace has certainly enough bounce and spring from behind, and for her stage of work (Prelim and Novice) has a bit too much sometimes so we are trying to contain it as she gets quite excited when we start doing more 'sitting down and pushing' work. But by choosing something that would further this could only improve her movement.

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
do you know what her mothers name was?

I know you like Jazz a lot and I dont think he'd be a bad choice for her. he's a tall elegant stamp and does have a super neck set. And his movement is certainly uphill. He has that reputation for producing hot offspring but not having worked with any I have no idea if that is true or not

S_N

Visit site
Please don't use Jazz!! I've seen and heard so much about them that is nothing short of detrimental! HOT HORSES!!! His sons however, are apparently cooler headed.

DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE IS MY OPINION!!!

_jetset_

Visit site
Hot offspring do not put me off... Pro-Set is known to produce them too, and Troy certainly has a certain 'fizz' to him
smile.gif

I don't know her 'racing' name I am afraid... I just know her as Daisy. I think her owner may have an idea, but she bought her when passport exchange was not necessary and to be honest I don't think she has much proof and it is all guesstimates.

I know a lot more about her sire's side... I am trying to find out the name of the KWPN mare who her sire is out of, all I know is she is Class 1 KWPN at the moment. She was owned by High Offley Stud (and I think she still is but as a retired broodmare now). This is a little bit about Grace's 1/2 sister:

http://www.highoffleystud.co.uk/html/horseinfo.asp?id=46

_jetset_

Visit site
What sort of things have you heard about him?

PM me if you would prefer as he was one of my favourites for Grace and I would like to know as much as possible before making a decison
smile.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
thanks
smile.gif

Any other suggestions for stallions?

I would ideally like a dressage stallion as I seem to be collecting horses, so 4 is no different to 3 is it
laugh.gif
It would be something I would be breeding to keep.

Tempi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Please don't use Jazz!! I've seen and heard so much about them that is nothing short of detrimental! HOT HORSES!!! His sons however, are apparently cooler headed.

DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE IS MY OPINION!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Bloss's foals grandsire is going to be Jazz, so we'l see
grin.gif
Personally i like them hot - i guess its personal preference tho!!

Halfstep

Visit site
Actually I think Jazz would suit Grace. He is very uphill and compact, and has a lovely neck which should complement her nice shoulder. He's not too heavy either. Sure his offspring are thought to be very hot, but they are also very talented!

I quite like Flemmingh, either through himself or Krack C.

MillionDollar

Visit site
I agree that a compact stallion would really compliment her. Shes built like my WB, I'm using Libro for her first foal as I don't want to pay a huge stud fee if she doesn't get in-foal.

Anyway for Grace I'd use Milky Way-
http://www.centyfield.com/stalliondetailmilkyway.html
So you'd get the most gorgeous palomino WB and MW has the most gorgeous paces.

I also really really like the stallion P_Gs Blossy is in-foal too, Johnson, I'd really like to use him on Lottie. Oh and of course Anastasia's stally is really nice too.

MillionDollar

Visit site
I reeeeeally want to use Johnson for Lottie, but shes got to get in-foal first, so shes going to Meadow Stud. Shes only been AIed with fresh semen and she didn't get in-foal last year, so fingers crossed it can be sorted.

Damien

Visit site
I understand why you would love to use Jazz fab stallion but would base my choice on the mares temperament, if she is very level headed I would go for it... if your looking at Flemmingh and want to support British Breeders then would have to recomend Anastcia's Vision, as have seen his babies and they all have tremendous strength of frame and movement, long necks, long legs and the look at me factor. Very sweet temperaments too. Of the chestnuts I really am a big fan of Scandic very similar in stamp to your mare, but the conformation pics of him online are not fab. We have a Scandic mare (solos carex) out of a TB line, No Ski /Naninsky Najinski and love her to bits, she's a big girl and still has a huge amount of filling out to do, her canter could be better though but that will probably come as she strengthens behind. Scandics bloodlines could tie in very nicley to your own mares and preserve the blood factor.

Alternatively I would also look at Quattro B Quando Quando or Quaterback, you have the French connection in the bloodlines and really feel that that the Quattro influence could build the mares front more, strengthen top line, shorten the loin add to the movement amd maintain the jumping ability. Lovely mare lovely pics.
smile.gif

christine48

Visit site
I've heard that Jazz offspring are hot.
How about Don Riccos, there were some lovely foals at BEF evaluations by him. Or there is the colt Furst Opera who the judges thought was world class (scored some 10s) in BEF evaluations. He will be standing at stud next year.
Alternatively as your mare is out of a grade A show jumper, you could go for a good moving jumping stallion which is what I'd do. then you have more options it could jump or do dressage.

Imonone

Visit site
I am looking for my mare at present and really liked Uthopia, but my mare already has Metall on her dam side, also quite like Tyson.

You havent given much to go on really and there are so many out there, you would be better off making a list of your requirements 1st.

I am ideally looking for something relatively laid back (mare is by pro-set), a smaller stallion, available in uk by chilled and a pure bred dutch horse (dont want to mix the breeding).

For Grace, I would like something built a little more uphill with a good hindleg, pure warmblood but cant comment on size, colour, price or personality as dont know your preferences.
Look forward to hearing what you decide
grin.gif
grin.gif