A stallion for Grace?

Damien

Visit site
http://www.kwpnstallion.com/openbaar/abo...pnr=H0000013236

if you like Jazz.. probably only three when this pic was taken...
lovely pic of him in the kwpn magazine though.. maybe one for you mickey - tying in Le Mexico in behind the Ferro bloodlines.
smile.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please don't use Jazz!! I've seen and heard so much about them that is nothing short of detrimental! HOT HORSES!!! His sons however, are apparently cooler headed.

DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE IS MY OPINION!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Bloss's foals grandsire is going to be Jazz, so we'l see
grin.gif
Personally i like them hot - i guess its personal preference tho!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh but did you read what I wrote? I said that his sons are apparently cooler headed
tongue.gif
There's hot and there's hot - I like a horse with a certain pizzaz (sp?) about it, but I'll never have a Jazz. The stallion that your lovely Blossy is in-foal to is a seriously lovely chap - do you want a filly or a colt?

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
Surely if Jazz's sons are cooler headed then that implies he is not producing hot offspring??
I dont mind something a little sharp but then I like Trakehners, I like a forward thinking horse.

I do think Jazz is a nice cross for this mare and he is such a proven sire you really know what you are getting from him.

If you want to support British breeders then I was very impressed by the young Woodlander stallion Wesuvio. He is only young and I think a lovely combination of blood lines. He is far nicer in the flesh than his photos. He is not overly big, compact but very modern in type. Has the lovely hind leg from Weltmeyer and keeps jumping blood in the pedigree through his dam who is by Sao Paolo. I saw his dam at the BD show a few years ago and she is stunning. Plus Lanthan further back makes for more beauty!
www.woodlanderstud.com

Another young stallion I really rate but a very different type is Showmaker http://www.germandressagehorseuk.com/
He is competing at the Nationals on Sunday. He is a very tall horse, very uphill, superb temperament and a really fluid athletic mover. Show Star/Sandro Hit on the sire side and the wonderful Fidermark on the dam's side. Plus the stud are super to work with.

springfallstud

sfs-stud.com
[ QUOTE ]
Surely if Jazz's sons are cooler headed then that implies he is not producing hot offspring??

[/ QUOTE ]

I took it as one generation down again making Jazz grandfather??

I've heard nothing but good on this boy but then i am a huge Sandro Hit fan and with Donnerhall in there too yummy... http://www.worldclassstallions.com/web/StallionID/491/studcard2.asp also world class will happily send you DVD's of many stallion not shown on their website which makes a for good fun on a rainy sunday afternoon
smile.gif

MillionDollar

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
No offence Claire but yuck
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Which one were you yucking at? Milky Way? If so, he's lush! Think of the gorgeous pally you'd get! Super_Kat may use him next year so watch what you're saying
tongue.gif
lol. Oh and Rollestone has some mares in-foal to him
smile.gif

TFS

Visit site
i really like johnson and dayano but i love jazz and i love quattro n florencio even more,
im sorry getting reaLly tired of the old tiring rants about ppl not using british stallions, the offspring are still british bred because they are born out of mares which reside in the UK

_jetset_

Visit site
Thank you so much for all of your posts and suggestions... sorry I have not replied sooner, we were at a wedding all day yesterday
smile.gif

I'll try to answer some of the questions posed to me...

Grace is a little hot, but seems to come down as quickly as she goes up. She is also incredibly trainable. I have never ridden a horse that is so ready to offer you everything she can (even more exceptional as she is a mare!!!) in order to please you. That is one of the things that most surprised me when I started working her towards competing... there were no real arguments like I get from my other mare (Troy's Mum). I don't want something too laid back, I do like some spark when I look at a horse.

I would like something to make as big as, if not a little bigger, than Grace. She stands at exactly 17hh, and I think my other foal (by Pro-Set out of my IDxTB mare) will reach around 17hh. But as I am 5'9" I do need a bigger horse to carry my leg
smile.gif

I don't want to increase her bone, I really quite like the shape of Grace, but could go for something a little finer but not much.

S_N - Yes, got your PM, just reading through it at the moment
smile.gif

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
Some fantastic names have been banded about on here for sure..........and thanks for those who mentioned Vision...........
cool.gif

Vision is a very long leged and refined stallion, have put some pics below of him, along with some of his foals. He has matched well from small to taller mares, and also from refined to more heavy weight.

Visions bloodlines are Flemmingh x Ferro x Triton. Flemmingh and Ferro everyone knows and Triton was a Grand Prix Showjumping stallion ridden by Piet Raymakers.

Some of these pics are by kind permission of Opie, and the other by kind permission of Jason from Fox Photographics.

Osprey_Caelen.jpg

caelen_4.jpg

Caliana_1.jpg

caliana_2.jpg

celine_2.jpg

celine_1.jpg

Casandra.jpg

These are Vision:
Vision3a-1.jpg

Vision1a-1.jpg

VisionJumpa.jpg

Vision1a.jpg

Vision3a.jpg

Sorry for the size of them.................

Sorry for taking over the thread.....................other stallions that I have seen and loved the foals this year is the KWPN stallion Vivaldi.......won the Pavo Cup and has left Foal Champions in Holland this year..........
cool.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks Anastasia... he looks a very nice stallion with some fantastic blood lines behind him too!

What does he stand at height wise?

Has he got any progeny under saddle or is this the first crop of foals he has produced (sorry for being and sounding very ignorant, I don't think I have read that much about him on here...
blush.gif
)

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
Becki, funny that you sounded surprised in your post that as mare Grace offers so much to try. I have found most mares to be like that - a good mare will really try their heart for you - if you ask them in the right way. I've always got on with them better than geldings on the whole.

If you dont mind a tall foal then definatly look at Showmaker and how about Stedinger - you'll not loose the jumping ability built into her pedigree and I love the tall atheltic foals he produces. http://www.gerd-sosath.de/en/hengste/stedinger.htm

And this boy just throws wonderful elegant uphill leggy offspring. Really strong mother line too
http://landgestuetcelle.de/cms/front_content.php?client=1&lang=1&idcat=16&idart=223 or
http://www.superiorequinesires.com/stallions/londonderry.htm

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I took it as one generation down again making Jazz grandfather??

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what was meant!

S_N

Visit site
WOW!!! I really think I may have to come and visit your lad - you can be there too if you like
tongue.gif
You know how much I like him! I really do think he would be prefect for B..............

Hollycat

Visit site
I think the world is your oyster as far as sires are concerned with such a nice mare! I guess things I would be considering:

- Is the foal to keep or perhaps to sell eventually?
- What stud book is she registered with? Will you need to put her forward for mare grading and performance testing? Locations of these events may influence your choice of stallion and studbook.
- Are you happy with a proven stallion that consistently, time and time again corrects those things you want to correct in your mare - or are you happy to take a chance on a young unproven stallion?
- Do you want a young 'flavour of the month' stallion or an older boy that may suit your mare better but not have such a high resale value for the foal?
- Have you good vets if you are using fresh cooled/frozen semen (and be careful of quality - not all stallions freeze well).
- how much do you wangt to spend? Using a world class stallion with AI could set you back a good few thousand even if everything goes to plan.
- Are you happy to select a stallion based on DVD's or do you want to meet the man himself and hopefully some of his foals and their mothers?

There are so many stallions to choose from I couldn't make much of a reccommendation without an in depth analysis of her bloodlines, how she moves, what you really want as a priority and what has been successful matches based on her and the potential sire bloodlines. Listen to the opinions of the stallion owners you meet - they may reccommend another one of their stallions even though you have fallen for a different one, simply because they know what suits their boy. Once you've deceided on a breed try and visit the breed shows and see the stallions and their progeny from a variety of mares. Many experts in the breed are approachable (often on online breeding forums) and can reccommend suitable stallions. She looks a lovely mare though so I am sure you will end up with a stunning foal whichever sire you choose.

PS - beware of stallions advertised as being of a certain breed but who are not actually approved by their parent breed society e.g a german bred stallion which failed his verband grading but passed a BWBS grading. This may not matter to you if the match is right - but be careful as you may not get the breed papers you hoped for. Also look out for foal reports, breeding indexes etc etc. Breed specific internet forum people will help you deceipher these.

SAMgirl

Visit site
I think Jazz is a fantastic stallion (but am biased as my baby Jeff is by Jazz Pics & Vid of Jeff ). Jeff has a great temperament, he's just great I love him! His temperament (and conformation) are SO similar to a horse we had called Shadowfax that you would think they were twins! Shadowfax is by Sandro Hit x Rubinstein so they couldn't really be bred any further apart!
I have ridden Jazz horses before that have been hot - but in all the right ways - forwards!! lol! But I have ridden a Farrington (by Wellington) that was *ahem* sharp
grin.gif
and a Wellington that I had to get off and check it had a pulse!
Personally I rate Sandro Hit - as even if you got the worst case scenario and got a horse with limited movement (they would look the part though), you could sell them for £££££££s! lol
Off of here I like the ones PG has suggested and omg Anastacias horses *samgirl drools*
grin.gif

ETA - I thought of a great argument in favour of a Sandro Hit child... if they're good enough for the Pidgelys...
grin.gif
grin.gif

htobago

Visit site
Wow Anastasia - Vision and his babies are fabulous!

Sorry - I am not knowledgeable enough about WB breeding to recommend a stally for Grace, but I'd have thought Vision must be worth a visit! Look at that movement! And such lovely tall, elegant, powerful foals!
ooo.gif
smile.gif

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments about Vision.........am really pleased with what he has produced.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Anastasia... he looks a very nice stallion with some fantastic blood lines behind him too!

What does he stand at height wise?

Has he got any progeny under saddle or is this the first crop of foals he has produced (sorry for being and sounding very ignorant, I don't think I have read that much about him on here... )

[/ QUOTE ]

BH currently Vision would be now around 17.1hh and is leaving very tall and elegant foals. Our mares range from 16hh to 16.3hh and he has added refinement and height to each of the resulting foals.

This year was his first crop of foals, as he was only graded in September 05. So nothing under saddle as yet, however, if they had their dads trainability and thought process (i.e. quick learner) then they would make fantastic ridden horses also, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating and we will have to wait another 3 years to find that one out............
cool.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks Anastasia... not having seen a Pro-Set progeny under saddle it did not put me off using him for Hannah and since have seen some stunning ones under saddle so I am very pleased with my decision.

He is a truly lovely stallion, but I am sure you already know that
laugh.gif

Monday is D day, so after that decisions will be most definitely made as to who to put her in foal to and when.

Rebecca x

Tempi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The stallion that your lovely Blossy is in-foal to is a seriously lovely chap - do you want a filly or a colt?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vet is 95% that its a filly! Ive got a feeling it is aswell (dont ask me why!) - and a filly would be my ideal so i can then breed from that aswell when its older.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
PG lucky you, that is what I had in mind. Never mind the dynasty may not be over if she can be bred from in the future, though I will have to wait for the boys to be under saddle before I will be permitted to use her again!