A very, very hard post to write.

Spottyappy

Visit site
Am so so sorry to read this.
No words will really help you right now, but obviously you know people here understand what you're going through.
Not sure why, either, but t seems the good people of the world always get the crap, I'm so sorry it's hit you again.
Thinking of you at this sad and very difficult time.

BarneyTheChestnutOne

Visit site
So sorry to read this Michen, it's so heartbreaking, and I truly know how you feel you feel after losing my mare of a lifetime at the start of December to colic. She survived the surgery, but colicked again when they reintroduced food afterwards. I will be thinking of you lots at this very sad time RIP Basil xxxxxxxxxxx

Michen

Visit site
So sorry to read this Michen, it's so heartbreaking, and I truly know how you feel you feel after losing my mare of a lifetime at the start of December to colic. She survived the surgery, but colicked again when they reintroduced food afterwards. I will be thinking of you lots at this very sad time RIP Basil xxxxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry :( how are you doing now? I don't honestly know how to even begin to get over this or ever look at a horse again

Caramac71

Visit site
I'm so sorry. In the relatively short time I've been a member of this forum you have had such a run of bad luck and heartbreak. It's so unfair, bad things always seem to happen to the ones that care the most :( xx

BarneyTheChestnutOne

Visit site
I am so sorry :( how are you doing now? I don't honestly know how to even begin to get over this or ever look at a horse again

I am getting there, I couldn't function at all for a while, but my other horse kept me going as I think I would have completely given up on horses otherwise. I still cry sometimes. Mia was mine and my sister's perfect forever horse, and whilst we could never replace her, this week we have just bought a new horse for my sister to focus on. Our other horse is semi-retired and not up to doing enough work for both of us to ride, and in all honestly we have missed being able to hack out and ride together and be on the yard chatting whilst grooming the horses together. It's been a strange few days since our new one got here with lots of mixed emotions but I think that it was the right time for us.

Sending you lots of hugs from here, if there's anything I can do please message me xxxxxx

horselady

Visit site
I am so, so, so, sorry, that must be absolutly heart breaking. Looking at the pictures you have had fantastic times together. Just think of them. It must be unbelievably hard for you. Thinking of you xxxx

View

Visit site
Oh how terribly sad. I am so, so sorry that you have been through this.

You gave him so much love and fun: he will always live on in your memories of the good times.

Hugs.

Equine_Dream

Visit site
Oh michen I'm sat at my desk with my eyes welling up with tears. My heart is just breaking for you! :( life can be so cruel.
Please do not feel guilty for the choice you made. You did what you thought was best and nobody could have foreseen what happened. You did everything you could and gave him a chance. It just wasnt to be.
Please take comfort in the fact you gave him a wonderful life with you and like torres, he was so lucky to have found you.
Treasure those happy memories you made together.
R.I.P Basil. Sleep tight beautiful boy.