Accident/pretty shocking driving

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Do not watch this video if of a sensitive nature, it shows a horse being hit by a car- horse apparently 'ok', rider in hospital.

https://www.facebook.com/carole.panayi/posts/10154870894276970

I am hoping the fact that the driver thought that moving his car out of the way rather than jumping out and checking the rider he left on the floor was ok, or putting his hazards on near said riders to warn oncoming traffic. Thank goodness the following van was driving sensibly :(

wills_91

Visit site
The driver was probably also in shock, I note the fellow rider also went straight to the aid of the horse and not the rider. Hope all involved are okay.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
jesus wept.

Just doesn't bear thinking about, what might have been. I wonder what on earth the driver thought he was doing on the wrong side of the road, never mind the speed. :(

wills_91

Visit site
jesus wept.

Just doesn't bear thinking about, what might have been. I wonder what on earth the driver thought he was doing on the wrong side of the road, never mind the speed. :(

wonder if a mobile phone is to blame? Makes for horrible viewing.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
The driver was probably also in shock, I note the fellow rider also went straight to the aid of the horse and not the rider. Hope all involved are okay.

I can understand that is sometimes an automatic reaction as them running away can be more problematic and I guess the rider wasn't going to go anywhere she looked like she was phoning 999 too.

I did presume shock but still :(.

Amye

Visit site
Gosh that is awful!! Not driving to the conditions at all....

Really hope the horse and rider are going to be OK and the poor horse isn't terrified in future :(

When the chestnut ran off I did think 'someone catch the poor thing!'. Maybe they were closer to the yard then can be seen.

Spiritedly

Visit site
It's horrible viewing!

The rider on the ground did initially move so I wonder if they were conscious and talking hence why the friend went to hold the horse and maybe prevent it exacerbating it's injuries?

I hope they are all okay.

holeymoley

Visit site
Urgh I feel ill that's quite hard to watch and I'm pretty solid when it comes to things like that . Absolutely disgusting that the driver didn't do more and choose to drive away . Take car and license off the moron .

SEL

Visit site
Just seen this on FB - horrific. Driver on the wrong side of the road & I'd be really surprised if the piebald was 'ok'. Made me feel sick watching it.

C1airey

Visit site
I've just seen this on FB. Grim viewing indeed. In the circs, given that the person on the ground was moving and (I presume) able to communicate, I'd have grabbed the horse too. First thing to do in an emergency is make the incident area as safe as possible. The horse would also have been in shock, and there's a chance it could have been hit by another car or trampled the person on the ground. It looked pretty stunned, poor thing.

Thoughts are with those injured. Better not publish my thoughts re:the driver...

Fools Motto

Visit site
Not nice to watch at all. Poor horses and riders.
I wouldn't mind betting the rider on the floor was begging the other rider to help her horse. The chestnut trotted home to get help too. Bless them both. So very brave. x
Driver.. no words for that idiot. Clearly speeding, didn't look like he even saw the road bend.

cauda equina

Visit site
Horrid video, so scary.
The horses/riders were doing nothing wrong at all, and still got taken out.
Just hope they're all ok

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
It just brings home how dangerous it really is when we ride on the roads. I was involved in a near miss like this s afew years ago, had we been a foot further along the road we would have been struck. Horses and riders very very lucky not to have been killed, hope they are all okay in the long run.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Just awful

How that horse was still standing I don't know. I hope it doesn't suffer any long lasting or internal injuries, who a thump.

Equi

Visit site
Watched this several times and it's clear to me the driver hydroplanes. Just proves he was going too fast for the conditions. If a book is not thrown at him I'm leaving the planet.

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
Jeasus H

I hope the video owner gives this to the police, far to fast needs his licence taken away.

Speedy recovery to everyone.

I think that was the driver right at the end walking back towards them

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Watched it a couple of times and the standing rider came off the chestnut horse so I think it's likely the lying down rider was telling her to get her horse and she was calling an ambulance as well.

As for the driver. Jesus wept. The fact he hit them aside, the time it took him to get out his vehicle is horrific. I don't care if he was in shock frankly. He needs jailed and banned from driving.

Doris68

Visit site
I shared this on my FB page and did not apologise for doing it! The expletives I uttered cannot be repeated. Nothing else to say, other than I hope that all those involved are not too badly injured - physically or mentally. Dreadful, dreadful.

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
Its really shocking, I hope they all make a good recovery.
I was out driving today, terrible conditions and people driving far too fast and too close, then I past a horse and rider on a quieter road, dull conditions and they had no hi-viz ( chestnut horse and dark clothing) these days you need to make yourself seen.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
That's absolutely awful!

There is a notice on the fb page saying please do not share as it may harm the prosecution.

whiteflower

Visit site
horrendous, the driver has got off very lightly ...imagine if that had been a tractor of an hgv he went into coming the other way, i doubt he would be walking out of his vehicle if that were the case.
i hope all involved recover, what amazing horses to stay so calm. sadly i doubt the driver will get much in the way of punishment....

holeymoley

Visit site
I see from the original fb post the old 'horses shouldn't be on roads' brigade are out again . What numskulls they really are . That could've been another driver , cyclist , kids or even their granny out walking the dog and he could've still taken them out . Some folk are unreal .

Equi

Visit site
Can anyone actually clarify with actual knowledge that if posted on fb the video could hinder a police prosecution?

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Couldn't believe what I was seeing, the driver didn't even slow down or flinch! Keeping an eye out for an update on the riders and horses. Whenever I go out hacking I always worry as our roads are busy, this is enough to put you off completely .