Aching body!!

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
I feel your pain too Sam. It's good your doctor is listening to you. If they erm give up basically and don't find a cause / cure, you can ask for painkillers some kinds will help you sleep and are good for nerve pain because not getting enough rest won't be helping your situation.

sam_

Visit site
Thanks everyone, i personally think the blood tests will come back clear for some reason, i just have it in my head its the constant on the go, general wear and tear and certainly lack of sleep lol! It's not pleasant and i really just want to feel more confortable it can get so upsetting sometimes :(

Yeh i am one sided also, my chiropractor is always asking about how my lower back pain is as there is quite a difference from left to right!

shergar

Visit site
Is your back pain on the side you sleep on ?I used to do a yard full of horses and used to get out of bed every day with my hands on my knees trying to stand up,I bought an orthopaedic bed and could not believe the difference,I have never had back pain since . I used to think a soft bed was comfortable but it does not give any support. I dont know if this helps,but hope you feel better soon .

sam_

Visit site
Hi lizbet, yeh bloods came back showing inflammation and i now need to go for an x-ray of my spine as they think i might be arthritic(he says a funny name that i don't want to even attempt to try and spell!) he is not happy with the fact that i have such a sharp area of pain in the centre of my back and has told me to stop going to the chiropractor untill i know whats actually happening as apparently manipulating the bones could have caused an injury? Not happy ant the thought of possibly being arthritic and has put me on a bit of a downer as of what i understand of arthritis it can only be managed not cured? He says it would explain why i am always feeling tired as well

lizbet

Visit site
Would prob have been the ESR bloods iwas on about.Wait and see what xrays say if a condition or a injury.This is why you needed to go. To slow any condition down.Get some treatment.Dont panic yet.Just try to take it easy till all results in.Just read article on chiro's not a fan.Hoping you soon get sorted.

Fun Times

Visit site
Are they xraying your spine or doing an mri sam? Mri would be good as shows not just the bones (as an xray would) but also problems with discs and muscles. Try not to panic yet. I have various probs with my spine and muscles which cant be cured and can only be managed and I am still riding and eventing so dont write yourself off yet.

sam_

Visit site
Thankyou, I was just so sure it would probably just be nothing and just being a wuss and just feeling hard done by lol!
No I'm pretty sure he said x-rays for my lower spine to see if it shows up any inflammation in some joint? I'm not very good at remembering the technical terms!
How do you manage the pain fun times is it just through pain relief or do you get massages etc?

Fun Times

Visit site
Thankyou, I was just so sure it would probably just be nothing and just being a wuss and just feeling hard done by lol!
No I'm pretty sure he said x-rays for my lower spine to see if it shows up any inflammation in some joint? I'm not very good at remembering the technical terms!
How do you manage the pain fun times is it just through pain relief or do you get massages etc?

I have a range of pain killers varying from normal over the counter stuff to super duper prescription stuff to oral morphine (which I never need any more thankfully) and I vary which I use depending on how bad each day is and what I am planning on doing. I have to be careful though as the really strong stuff can make me a bit stupid, so I try to avoid it if I have a heavy work day when I need to be mentally sharp. It's not nice knowing that I will probably be on pain killers long term, but I have accepted it on the basis that this is what enables me to lead the active life I want to lead.

I regularly see the chiro, although appreciate that for you this may not be an option. Ice packs are helpful and I also have had good results with accupuncture. I have also used Bio-freeze which has some limited local anaesthetic properties. Investing in a good bed and mattress helped. Also, pay attention to little things, like the way you sit at home when watching tv. When my car finally decided it was time to join the great garage in the sky, I paid close attention to the seats in any potential new car I tried out - I have opted for something in which you sit quite high up and it has very supportive seats and the difference is noticeable.

And finally, and this is the really important bit and will be hard for you given the type of job you have, I am very careful abuot what I think I can manage. For example, if I know I am eventing, I keep the day after free because I know I could be in pain. If someone suggests a night out, I don't wear heels because I know they make my lower back too sore to ride the next day. If I am schooling the horse, I aim for 35 minutes done really well, rather than a longer period of time done not so well. If someone offers help (like carrying a bale of hay for me or helping with the truck ramp) I no longer say "oh I can manage, don't worry."

Let us know how the xrays go. You could always look into joint supplements but I never found them particularly good for me.