Ad Photos - why on earth?

hairycob

Visit site
How do some people choose the photos they use in ads. We are currently window shopping ready to start seriously searching in about a month & I am constantly amazed by the rubbish pics or lack of pics. Just looked at 1 & they did have loads of pics but they all looked like were taken less than 1 second apart while walking round the school.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I do enjoy the pics of them standing like yaks in the field with their mates where you can't see what belongs to the horse you're buying, what is field mate and what's perspective, because on face value, it has seven legs stuck on at odd angles, a head the size of an elephant's, and the neck of a giraffe.

Kaylum

Visit site
I love them with little kiddies on without hats and the airoplane ones. They make me want to go buy the horse so much.

hairycob

Visit site
It's hard enough managing my son's expectations about what he will get for his money - it's the first time he has bought a horse himself, without most of the affordable one's having rubbish ads.

Lolo

Visit site
I don't get it- when we were selling Tango, we made sure we had a photo of him on the flat, SJ and XC in competition and one of him stood up properly. It wasn't exactly hard work to do!

Polos Mum

Visit site
Perhaps they think you'll be so impressed at the pink spotty rug that he's wearing in the photo that it'll be enough to be sure he's just the horse for you. Same applies to the quality of the stable door his head is just poking above!

Dunlin

Visit site
I personally 'like' the adverts which show horses rearing with the whites of their eyes showing and ears flat back and a description that reads "trained to do stunts", makes me want to buy them as I feel sorry for them!

Lottie9

Visit site
I've noticed a new trend of facebook of putting up a picture of a horse in a field and saying 'put a comment if you want some info'.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
It makes me laugh (well, actually it makes me wince) when I see "works in a beautiful outline" and there is a photo of the horse with it's head forced in by draw reins. Actually, the best is when you see a really nice horse in the photo, and the description then informs you that the photo shown is of the horse's sire!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
I don't understand poor ads with pics. Why would you market something in a sub standard manner? If you want the best home and price for your animal then market it correctly! Poor pictures of a dirty animal, not standing up, lying down in a field etc are not going to attract the buyers eye!

sasquatch

Visit site
I don't mind if a horse is for sale and there's a photo of a horse lying down in a clean stable looking cute as long as there's other photos.
If I ever sell mine/put him on loan I feel I'd annoy most of you as I'd put in as many photos as I possibly could, including maybe one or two 'cute shots'. I'll maybe leave off the standing on him though, not quite willing enough to leave a muddy boot print on my saddle.

I do find it irritating when a videos part of an add, and the photos are all screenshots from the video. Surely if there's someone filming, they can take a clear photo as well. Most phones can take decent enough pictures, it's not that hard.

NZJenny

Visit site
I don't mind cute shots, but if people are serious about selling said horse, then I need some useful shots too. But my pet peeve is 10 year olds with "potential" to be your next endurance/dressage/eventing star. Hmmm.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I've never understood why people don't think about what they would like to see in photos when they look for a horse to buy. There are snaps of your horse & there are selling photos. Selling photos should be thought about & taken with selling in mind. Nice conformation shot a nice one of the horse jumping a fence that you are saying he's regularly jumping. One jumping open water possibly. Basically if you are saying the horse can do something provide photographis evidence. Even post a video showing his movement, doing some dressage, jumping & put the link in the advert.

Unfortunately some sellers are less than honest in their adverts & waste buyers time when they come to see a totally wrongly advertised horse. :(

Lottie9

Visit site
I've been looking for a part or full loan recently and when really irks me and seems to happen more often than not, is that they put up photos of the horse competing to a nice level, but in reality the horse hasn't done that in years. One competition does not a competition horse make!