Adelinde Cornelissen - A Rant!!

Miss L Toe

Visit site
Thanks, BeesKnees, for posting what I was thinking while watching Laura's test. Her arms and back were stiff and, seemingly, unyielding. Alf is one heck of a big boy and I thought perhaps he was on the verge of "acting up" and she was nipping it in the bud. And yes, his work was so much lighter and more supple than Parzival's. And Parzival seemed to be behind the vertical for much of his test.

Alf is well known for his temperament, and Laura has to ride him in a certain way, he is not ridden in the rollkur way, end of.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Alf is well known for his temperament, and Laura has to ride him in a certain way, he is not ridden in the rollkur way, end of.

How can you make that sweeping statement 'end of 'unless you sit and watch her school everyday
Of course Alf difficult temperament is well known and Pariszal was an unrideable young horse there's a reason AC has to ride him like that as there's a reason why LB is Visably using her hand so much and bracing her back.

Miss L Toe

Visit site
How can you make that sweeping statement 'end of 'unless you sit and watch her school everyday
Of course Alf difficult temperament is well known and Pariszal was an unrideable young horse there's a reason AC has to ride him like that as there's a reason why LB is Visably using her hand so much and bracing her back.
I have watched LB schooling at home, and can assure you that Alf is a better horse at home than he was in his Olympic Day, but they don't use rollkur.
I felt that the others were better horses, it is not easy to buy two great dressage horses, but it happens.

Last edited:

Stilldreamin'

Visit site
I am glad I'm not the only one who thought the Iberian horses lost out to the warmbloods unfairly. I didn't see Fuego go but I saw Rubi and loved it- fantastic piaffes particularly, excellent in time with the beat. I was shocked that he didn't take the lead in his small group- think he may have lost out to Kittel of all people, whose horse was constantly starting to lean forward and not in self carriage!!!

Also don't get me started on Miss Cornelissen- I'm sure you've all seen this but this is how she came into the ring first time round on Parzifal!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4335149866245.2176732.1512297978&type=3&l=fcb43e0706

Forget the rider, horse needs a damn medal for putting up with that!!

Pompidou

Visit site
My first post, but this site got my attention through a search on google and I decided to registrate. Hello all!

Anyway, I don't understand the whole fuss about Adelinde Cornelissen in general. I don't think the other riders are any better! I take it a bit further. I love horses and believe these beautiful creatures are not in this world for humans to sit on them, to ride them, to jump etc.

Horsebackriding is animal abuse. All people who claim to love horses and ride them are a big joke and should be ashamed of themselves.

Pompidou

Visit site
So I guess you don't interact with them at all then? As by logic that would be cruel too as they are not designed to be with humans full stop and should all live unhandle in the wild? And the fact is thousands of years of breeding has designed them to be ridden by humans!

No I don't interact with horses, just love to watch them in the wild... what is left :( The thousands years of breeding, to 'design' a horse to human preference doesn't make it okay to ride them. Like you said it's not natural... they had to be 'designed' to have this unnatural behavior.

Firewell

Visit site
I am glad I'm not the only one who thought the Iberian horses lost out to the warmbloods unfairly. I didn't see Fuego go but I saw Rubi and loved it- fantastic piaffes particularly, excellent in time with the beat. I was shocked that he didn't take the lead in his small group- think he may have lost out to Kittel of all people, whose horse was constantly starting to lean forward and not in self carriage!!!

Also don't get me started on Miss Cornelissen- I'm sure you've all seen this but this is how she came into the ring first time round on Parzifal!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4335149866245.2176732.1512297978&type=3&l=fcb43e0706

Forget the rider, horse needs a damn medal for putting up with that!!

God thats disgusting

cptrayes

Visit site
My first post, but this site got my attention through a search on google and I decided to registrate. Hello all!

Anyway, I don't understand the whole fuss about Adelinde Cornelissen in general. I don't think the other riders are any better! I take it a bit further. I love horses and believe these beautiful creatures are not in this world for humans to sit on them, to ride them, to jump etc.

Horsebackriding is animal abuse. All people who claim to love horses and ride them are a big joke and should be ashamed of themselves.

And yet your Avatar is of a horse which has been bleached, shampooed and combed to within an inch of its life.

Do you think that horses would rather not be alive than be ridden by humans? Because that's the choice. Live and be ridden or never be bred at all and have no life.

Firewell

Visit site

And through what experience have you come to this conclusion? Sitting on a sofa, watching a horse in a field, looking at a picture on a book or on the TV?

The horse in your avatar picture is that yours? Do you do inhand showing instead of riding? Did you wash it so it's clean, pay for the farrier every 6 weeks, brush its mane? Did you decide what bridle it wears? Have you wormed it, rugged it, fed it? Have you sectioned off its paddock so it doesn't get too fat and suffer ill health, have you been out at 6am in the morning in wind rain and shine to look after it? Did you poo pick it's field in the winter when you had flu so it grazes on clean pasture? Did you miss christmas dinner to change its wet rug or come home early from your summer holiday because it needed the vet. Have you paid for its innoculations against diseases, scrubbed its feathers when it had mites, been up at 3am worrying about it when it ssmed not like itself last time you saw it?

If the answer is yes then fine you are welcome to your view, everyone is different. If no then perhaps you need to expose yourself to something before offering such damming opinions because at the moment you sound very ignorant.

Pompidou

Visit site
The horse in the avatar is not my horse. I will never want to 'own' a horse. I'm not a ''slavedriver"
I grew up in a horseworld, cared for many horses, but choose to turn my back on this same horseworld because of my personal opinion/ beliefs when I grew older (and wiser).

I don't like the training methods of Adelinde, but people here accusing her is like 'the pot calling the kettle black'

Freya27

Visit site
The horse in the avatar is not my horse. I will never want to 'own' a horse. I'm not a ''slavedriver"
I grew up in a horseworld, cared for many horses, but choose to turn my back on this same horseworld because of my personal opinion/ beliefs when I grew older (and wiser).

I don't like the training methods of Adelinde, but people here accusing her is like 'the pot calling the kettle black'

Well I'm not sure what kind of horseworld you came from, but my horses, my friends' horses, my family's horses - all are happy, glowing with health, and thoroughly enjoy their work. I've seen some bad practice in the horseworld, and in those cases, yes - it is cruel. But that is a very very small minority. Most people who have horses love them dearly, care for them as best they can, and the horses love them back.

HashRouge

Visit site

Well I'm currently spending a fortune (okay, the insurance is :p) trying to help a 19 year old mare recover from a ligament injury, which she acquired while out of work and living happily on acres of hillside grazing. She wouldn't get that in the wild, so forgive me if I haven't got a lot of time for the "horse riding is cruel" brigade. Maybe taking a horse from the wild and putting a saddle on its back is cruel, yes, but horses have been domesticated for thousands of years and most would not thank us if we suddenly released them into the wild and left them to their own devices.

If treated well, a riding horse can have a very good life - much better, in fact, than a horse living wild.

I love my Spanish horse

Visit site
Well I'm not sure what kind of horseworld you came from, but my horses, my friends' horses, my family's horses - all are happy, glowing with health, and thoroughly enjoy their work. I've seen some bad practice in the horseworld, and in those cases, yes - it is cruel. But that is a very very small minority. Most people who have horses love them dearly, care for them as best they can, and the horses love them back.

Too right, my horse as with many others loves his work, going out and about and competing, he strives on a fun and varied life not just sitting being a field ornament, if he did that i know for a fact he'd spend most of his time galloping around, pacing and wanting some attention. I know some horses would quite happily lead the rest of there days doing nothing, but the majority (as long as not ridden in methods discussed in this thread as an example) get as much enjoyment from being ridden as we do. Yes they may not have been originally designed for it, but if they get as much out of it as we do, thoroughly enjoy human company and interaction and a varied active life then wheres the problem.
I really dont understand why you posted pompidoe, your clearly on a forum with horse lovers and riders, and i can gaurantee almost none of them are going to agree with you, and certainly not change there methods because of your ignorant, totally uneducated opinion. Your entitled to it as everyone is, but this isnt really the place to air it unless your just looking to start trouble

cptrayes

Visit site
My avatar has nothing to do with my opinion just the first picture I came across for looking for an avatar of an horse that was 80 by 80 :p

You voiced a very strong opinion about riding being abusive and chose as your Avatar a horse that has been managed by man to within an inch of every polished hair on its body. You cannot get a horse's feathers that white except by repeated washing and using bleaching products. If you don't even know what goes into making a horse look like the pretty picture that you chose for your avatar, then I don't think you know enough to comment about whether or not people should be riding their horses.

But you're just a troll looking for a fight, so that won't bother you.

Last edited:

cptrayes

Visit site

I do not consider that I own my horses. I paid for the right to have them in my care.

No it is not.

That's like saying that everyone who walks a Staffordshire Bull Terrier is as bad as the people who put them into organised dog fights.

Most people's training of their horses is a mile away from hers.

Mrs B

Visit site
You voiced a very strong opinion about riding being abusive and chose as your Avatar a horse that has been managed by man to within an inch of every polished hair on its body. You cannot get a horse's feathers that white except by repeated washing and using bleaching products. If you don't even know what goes into making a horse look like the pretty picture that you chose for your avatar, then I don't think you know enough to comment about whether or not people should be riding their horses.

I think we need to make allowances, CPT. The PETA-type rubbish she/he's spouting obviously caused any intelligence to exit at the same time it entered his/her brain-space. :rolleyes:

Pompidou

Visit site
I do not consider that I own my horses. I paid for the right to have them in my care.

No it is not.

That's like saying that everyone who walks a Staffordshire Bull Terrier is as bad as the people who put them into organised dog fights.

Most people's training of their horses is a mile away from hers.

Yes I think that's the same... Humans created awfull dogbreeds. Look at the health for example Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. People who buy these dogs allow this to happen.

cptrayes

Visit site
I think we need to make allowances, CPT. The PETA-type rubbish she/he's spouting obviously caused any intelligence to exit at the same time it entered his/her brain-space. :rolleyes:

You're right of course. If people only start with ten brain cells then loading the PETA routines must leave them without any more processing power, as the latest post shows perfectly :D

Pompidou

Visit site
Especially Bull Terriers is a very sick breed. Look how their noses are bred. The white Bull Terriers are all deaf. Again people created/ bred very sick dogs, (we are talking about dogs now so it seems).

If people keep buying these breeds, these dogs keep suffering.

cptrayes

Visit site
Especially Bull Terriers is a very sick breed. Look how their noses are bred. The white Bull Terriers are all deaf. Again people created/ bred very sick dogs, (we are talking about dogs now so it seems).

If people keep buying these breeds, these dogs keep suffering.

I see you're from Holland. I'm guessing that your best friend is Esther Hegt the ragwort lover? Because your arguments are about as daft as hers are :D

Goldenstar

Visit site

I fear you will not enjoy this forum if you google my fast forum you may set up your own with like minded individuals.

Pompidou

Visit site
Ah yes. The lovely life of the domestic horse released to roam free.

http://www.news-leader.com/viewart/20120210/NEWS11/302090092/MISSOURI-WILD-HORSES

I'm not campaigning to release the domestic horses. That would be a pefect world to me, but humanity destroyed the natural habitats of the horse. That's a shame. I and thats MY opinon, (I don't know Peta) think horsebackriding in general is cruel to horses.

My love for horses and animals in general brought me to this site. If having another view in life makes you a troll. So be it.

But I have an opinion. May'be not right, but certainly not wrong, just different!

I love my Spanish horse

Visit site
I'm not campaigning to release the domestic horses. That would be a pefect world to me, but humanity destroyed the natural habitats of the horse. That's a shame. I and thats MY opinon, (I don't know Peta) think horsebackriding in general is cruel to horses.

My love for horses and animals in general brought me to this site. If having another view in life makes you a troll. So be it.

But I have an opinion. May'be not right, but certainly not wrong, just different!

But why come to this site and post if its blatantly obvious other people dont share your so called 'opinions', unless to start a fight clearly. People arent going to listen or take anything you have to say on board, and rather than join and talk about the beauty of horses that you could have done, you post something thats going to do nothing except get peoples backs up and cause an argument, strange