Adjustable shimmable saddle pads

zandp

Visit site
Hi - for one horse i use a Mattes pad with inbuilt rear riser, I love it, it's lasted years and really works for this horse.

For the other horse I need to find a pad that minimises saddle roll and can be shimmed front / side and rear, as she grows she's changing shape - any one have any recommendations ? She's had KS and SI issues in the past

Last edited:

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Mattes also make pads that take shims with various pocket options, they are excellent... if you need more of a budget option I am pleased with my LM prosorb too.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site

teresagarsden

Visit site
I have the mattes one in brown as my lad changes shape from winter fat lad to trim in summer.
Never any movement on his saddle even when he is rounder.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I use the griffin numed ones .
The first six ( which they call three ) pocket one was a bespoke one they made for me .You do need to know which you want often the four pocket one ( which they call two )is better it depends on the horse
They also make XL which I like as I like a good bit of length behind the saddle .

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Mattes all day long, half the foams in shimmable pads out there do very little, are unproven. I prefer top quality sheepskin (many aren't, some merino lambskins are more like wool fleece in performance) and I like the design of the Mattes pads, the pockets, and the shims are trimmable so you can make them into wedges so they're not a great big lump right in the middle of the saddle.