Advice on gettig our first dog - a whippet

Penguin_Toes

Visit site
Oh it's nothing too impressive, a bit of loose lead walking, behaving while you open a gate, and a one minute stay (oh my god is a minute a long time!!).

Then silver I think is crossing a road nicely, staying while you walk away for two minutes and being examined by the examiner all over and some other bits.

And gold is the proper obedience heel work. I haven't even looked at the next levels because he's so easily distracted! But I am pleased enough with this one

My first rosette in ten years 😂

Can't believe all the likes, thank you!!

lizziebell

Visit site
Oh it's nothing too impressive, a bit of loose lead walking, behaving while you open a gate, and a one minute stay (oh my god is a minute a long time!!).

Then silver I think is crossing a road nicely, staying while you walk away for two minutes and being examined by the examiner all over and some other bits.

And gold is the proper obedience heel work. I haven't even looked at the next levels because he's so easily distracted! But I am pleased enough with this one

My first rosette in ten years 😂

Can't believe all the likes, thank you!!
It really IS impressive. Well done. Don't underestimate how difficult it is to train whippets. They are super intelligent and learn quickly, but they have a “what’s in it for me attitude” and can easily decide what you are asking isn’t worth making the effort! It is very different to training a working breed.

Penguin_Toes

Visit site
It really IS impressive. Well done. Don't underestimate how difficult it is to train whippets. They are super intelligent and learn quickly, but they have a “what’s in it for me attitude” and can easily decide what you are asking isn’t worth making the effort! It is very different to training a working breed.
You have just made my day even better, that means a lot, I don't know much about dogs and it was a bit of a slog!

What he completely lacks in intelligence he makes up with in gentleness though, he puts up with a lot from our five year old - earlier this afternoon the poor dog was walking round the house with three of my necklaces on.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
What he completely lacks in intelligence he makes up with in gentleness though, he puts up with a lot from our five year old - earlier this afternoon the poor dog was walking round the house with three of my necklaces on.

You do realise it's forbidden to post things like that without a picture!?

Remind us what his name is, PT? He is gorgeous.