Advice please? Head over heart?

BraidedTail

Visit site
BUY HIM - if I came across my old pony that I had to give away years ago, I'd have her back in a flash; even if only to have her last days with me. You can't not - you'd always regret it.

My Muppet

Visit site
Blimey what a bunch of enablers you are. Sorry to say I'm no different. go get him girl! I sold a pony years ago and haven't stopped worrying about him since have him back in an instant if I could.

Lipza767

Visit site
Go buy him! I had a 14.2 up to a few weeks ago. I'm 5' 8" and 11 1/2 stone and i didn't look big and the weight wasn't an issue for him. In comparison you will be very light on this pony and he sounds great fun :)

Fun Times

Visit site
Have just read the whole thread and now feel a bit like I did at the end of sherlock...the credits are rolling but I still have questions!! Come on OP, what did you decide?????

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
OP has been on here today. What a shame she hasn't come back to this thread. Maybe her head has ruled her heart. I hope not.

flirtygerty

Visit site
Today I found out that a pony I was very close to as a child has come up for sale, he was my very first loan pony and a very cheeky, naughtly little so and so at that! (He knew ALL the tricks!) alas I loved him dearly, he taught me everything about horse care, and he taught me so much about my riding too, not just technique, in fact I think I spent more time on the floor than on him!😄
Anyway, he was never suitable for a child of pretty much any ability and I can't imagine he's any different now, his advert I'd very nice and lovely and honest, it portrays this well.

So I've reached a dilemma?

I was truely heartbroken when this pony went up for sale, my family wasn't in a position to buy at the time but if we were I am almost 100% sure I'd still have him now.
Now I am in a position to buy, I have two horses of my own, two horses that are my entire world but I could have time for a third, I can easily afford to buy him and easily afford his upkeep. If I did buy him, my thought was I could school him on and produce I nice ridden pony, perhaps in time for my 9yr old brother to ride?
He's been past from pillar to post since he was sold, he's had 10 owners in 8yrs. I know I could give him a home for the rest of his life?
He's a good 13.2/3, he's about 14 now and he's a stocky pony. Id be tall on him at 5ft5/6 but I don't think I'm too heavey, (always between 7st11 and 8st, never more). I'm a stage 3 rider now, (still working towards my next one)? Even if I couldn't ride him at least he'd be safe and pampered and well looked after?
I never thought I'd find him again, let alone him be only an hour away and for sale?
My heart is screaming go and get him, but my head isn't letting me. He's too small, I'm too big, I don't need another, I'd have to make time for another ect. Sigh. Any ideas?? X

Haven't time to read all your replies, haven't you bought him yet?

Ceriann

Visit site
I would def let my heart rule my head on this one! I've got a 14.2 - I'm 5ft 6, heavier than you but I've sat on her comfortably (not fully broken yet) - she's stocky and I'm told I look fine on her. Hope you've made the call!