Aghh! Potential new pony failed vetting!

Ali27

Visit site
So I thought I’d, found my next forever pony (a beautiful rising 3 year old) but she had vetting and vet found a grade 2 heart murmur and suggested a heart scan before purchasing. Unfortunately owners have decided not to do scan so I’m back to square 1???
Not sure whether to wait until later this year? Aghh! How do I find another that ticks all the boxes? I’m after a 2/3 year old filly who will make 14.2 plus but no bigger than 15.2 that will make a nice all rounder that will in future jump a 90/1m track?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I think I have that in my field but I'm still hoping she'll grow a bit more! Sorry, that's not helpful ??

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Keep looking, nobody knows what the market will do. Its frustrating but hopefully you'll find what you want...have you looked on the Facebook groups? There are a lot of horses advertised on there, quality horses and pony page is where we found ours. A lot of dodgy people out there though so it is hard work finding something...just have to persevere. We had one fail a 5 stage...next one passed, it just takes time!

dorsetladette

Visit site
I've got just that sat in my field. Though he is only a yearling.

Are you looking for any particular breed? over height connie? Welsh D?

I'm a welshy lover through and through and I've seen several breeders looking to stream line their stock this year. I'm sure its the same with other breeds as the price of keeping them starts to rise. So might be worth contacting a few breeders direct and seeing what is about.

Sprig

Visit site
I recommend approaching breeders directly. That is how I found mine. She wasn't advertised as they were planning on keeping her for themselves. Also, definitely place wanted ads anywhere you can think of. Where in the country are you?

Ali27

Visit site
I recommend approaching breeders directly. That is how I found mine. She wasn't advertised as they were planning on keeping her for themselves. Also, definitely place wanted ads anywhere you can think of. Where in the country are you?
I’m in Staffordshire. I would prefer a Connie x cob, Welsh PB, or an Irish or similar ? I only have a budget of 3k so think I will be looking at 2 year olds! Ideally would prefer 3 year old as wouldn’t back until 4 as want to let mature!

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
What a shame, sorry this has happened to you. Is it worth going back to the vendors and talking to them? I have had 2 with heart murmurs - one had a huge murmer but it improved with exercise (the vet called it a lazy valve) and the other (a 3 year old) developed a heart murmer when she had an infection but it cleared up about 4 months later and never raised its head again. She subsequently passed various vettings and evented. If the youngster is everything you want, is it worth a chat and would you be happy to contribute to investigatory costs if the price were reduced accordingly?

Ali27

Visit site
What a shame, sorry this has happened to you. Is it worth going back to the vendors and talking to them? I have had 2 with heart murmurs - one had a huge murmer but it improved with exercise (the vet called it a lazy valve) and the other (a 3 year old) developed a heart murmer when she had an infection but it cleared up about 4 months later and never raised its head again. She subsequently passed various vettings and evented. If the youngster is everything you want, is it worth a chat and would you be happy to contribute to investigatory costs if the price were reduced accordingly?
I’d offered to pay half the heart scan but they changed mind! They don’t think it’s a problem and to be fair it might not but as Vet advised it, I can’t take risk!

Melody Grey

Visit site
Have you considered a smaller TB? I’m sure there will be 3 yr olds that haven’t made the grade coming out of racing in the autumn that will be on budget.