ahhh wish I had kept mare where she was!!!!

touchstone

Visit site
It's really good to hear that things are getting sorted op. I'm another that thinks that this rdiculous thread has gone on long enough.

Littlelegs

Visit site
I genuinely do wish you luck with moving for the horses sake op.
For the record though playing the bullying card doesn't have the desired effect on me, I don't really feel any responsibility for self made 'victims'.

risky business

Visit site
Glad things are getting sorted OP.

Iv read all the posts and I must say I find it strange that many posters point out how immature the OP must be but then go on to make pages of quite honestly pointless posts taking the pee..

I'm not condoning the OPs action on the situation whatsoever either btw..

shannonandtay

Visit site
Post turned into childish games and if I'd found out my daughter had been doing that to someone on the Internet she would've been put straight in no uncertain terms, but it's adults so that's ok then :rolleyes:
Glad you've finally managed to get things sorted out for your mare.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Great that you finally listened OP and took the advice that was given. It only took what three days of carry on and continual prodding.

Hopefully your horse will have better care in your new yard. I wouldn't be recommending your currwnt one to anyone if not allowed to hay in a bare field for any spurious reason.

MaHats

Visit site
"...so I moved by young mare from super grazing with haylage to a field which is just mud and YO wont put hay out so in 10 days she has lost a lot of weight..... - your opening information

I can quite assure you that in terms of how bad we feel, I'm more upset about the potential fate of your horse than you are about being apparently bullied. Some people clearly (and understandably), thought you simply could not be serious or genuine; and therefore engaged in playful banter and jest.

The situation you described as that in which your horse is kept falls well below the Code of Practice for the Welfare of Horses. For some (most probably), it has been extremely upsetting following this story since you seemed not to take advise and appeared dismissive, Yawning for example.

Simply; I'm allot more upset hearing about your horse than you could possibly be that you have (in your opinion) been bullied. Some people resort to humour when reactions seem bizare, as I believe they did in this case.

I do hope you do the right thing for your horse; and have learned something about horses and forage (and brackets).

PortwayPaddy

Visit site
I have just read this thread from start to finish.

The only thiought I have about it is "that's another 50 minuites of my life I'll never get back"

Paddy

Jericho

Visit site
Post turned into childish games and if I'd found out my daughter had been doing that to someone on the Internet she would've been put straight in no uncertain terms, but it's adults so that's ok then :rolleyes:
Glad you've finally managed to get things sorted out for your mare.

Yes I agree.

Glad to hear op has sorted the situation now.

horseyvon

Visit site
I have read most of the posts on here & am flabbergasted that someone who has done a course in equine studies seems not to know that horses are trickle feeders & need a continual supply of forage not just hard feed & then feel the need to post on here when the OP must know her mare needs proper livery/ field. Then expects sympathy when she shuns the perfectly acceptable advice/ support. It's bewildering it really is!