AIBAAK (an absolute knob)

Mongoose11

Visit site
Sounds like my experience! It's worth persevering with though as it's free, so convenient and as an added bonus means you can eat more cake.

For me through feeding was certainly worse than the birth. Nothing worse than a screaming baby, engorged cracked boobs and no sleep. People should say how bad it can be, purely so that they pass on the knowledge that it will get better x

Worse than birth, slipped discs, broken collar bone all put together I reckon!

I was determined not to give up but my husband begged me to as he hated seeing me in such pain! I love the convenience but not the time attached - still very early days though I guess and she will become more efficient!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Yes it is a bit, if you're lucky she'll take a bottle at some point and you'll get to miss a feed or two a day. Don't worry about it, life is supposed to change when you have a baby and once the feedings are further apart it's far easier. You'll still be cluster feeding maybe at this point which is hard, but just enjoy it now it's going well, you don't get this time back.

And in hindsight, the newborn bit is far easier than the but when they start to move! :)

Nativelover

Visit site
Yes it is a bit, if you're lucky she'll take a bottle at some point and you'll get to miss a feed or two a day. Don't worry about it, life is supposed to change when you have a baby and once the feedings are further apart it's far easier. You'll still be cluster feeding maybe at this point which is hard, but just enjoy it now it's going well, you don't get this time back.

I so agree with this, I'm going to take it that I'm lucky, my baby latched on well from the first go. I just went with her and what she wanted. I was dreadfully sore for the first 2 weeks then it just got better. The pain is something I've never experienced before, tears and dread of the next feed. It is so much easier than bottles though I'm starting to wean onto bottles now as I've only 12 weeks left of mat leave :-(

And in hindsight, the newborn bit is far easier than the but when they start to move! :)[/QUOTE]
Stencil face don't say that!!!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Ha ha, it's just the goal posts move and it sometimes took me a while to catch up to the new regime.

How old is yours now nativelover? You can continue to feed morning, after nursery and bedtime if it's possible (like you don't have to stay away for work etc) and just do bottles or sippy cup the rest of the time. Personally I'd go for a cup as you don't then have the issue of weaning off a bottle. But mini SF refused a bottle point blank so the decision was made for me :D

And don't stress too much about prepping for going for back to work with feeding, kids adapt easily and if it's not all done by the time you have to go back to work, your little one will soon learn. Although great if you can do it :)

Regandal

Visit site
Are there still such a thing as mexican hats? I was in agony (many moons ago) trying to b/f, the midwife brought me some. Nipple shields, absolute life saver.

Nudibranch

Visit site
SF did your little one have formula at nursery? I'm not going back until June and baby NB will be almost 1 but now at 8 months he's still feeding every 3 hours. (Luckily by some fluke he latched on straight away and I escaped the dreaded pain, since he's a greedy little thing). I don't know whether to try and express or just to send formula...I'd rather not but it must be easier! He'll only be going either 2 days or 1 full and 2 half days. So maybe I should try and express...anyway sorry for going off topic Mongoose and congratulations!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
I remember the toe curling after about 2 weeks and me blubbing on the HV. Nipple shields were my friend for a few days.

Glad you have sorted things out OP. I put one out on loan about 4 months after my 1st was born. She actually never came back and still in the same home. :)

Nativelover

Visit site
Ha ha, it's just the goal posts move and it sometimes took me a while to catch up to the new regime.

How old is yours now nativelover? You can continue to feed morning, after nursery and bedtime if it's possible (like you don't have to stay away for work etc) and just do bottles or sippy cup the rest of the time. Personally I'd go for a cup as you don't then have the issue of weaning off a bottle. But mini SF refused a bottle point blank so the decision was made for me :D

And don't stress too much about prepping for going for back to work with feeding, kids adapt easily and if it's not all done by the time you have to go back to work, your little one will soon learn. Although great if you can do it :)

She's just gone 16weeks, I work shifts I'm afraid so there'll be no routine after a while although it'll be day shifts for the first month. I'll look into the sippy cup, to be honest I'd rather be a stay at home mum, something I'd never thought I'd hear myself say!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
They can do sippy cups from 4 months, but don't suit everyone :)

Nudibranch - I left formula every day, along with a variety of cups and bottles (she went to nursery at 7 months) but she pretty much drank and ate nothing! Leaving expressed milk for her to refuse would have been heartbreaking for me. You might be surprised how much his feeding changes before he goes, especially if he takes well to weaning. I think once they're on food, the decision for formula is an easier one as they're already having stuff that's not breastmilk, and a few weeks of that before moving onto cows milk if that's what you plan would be doable.

Mongoose11

Visit site
Thanks for the well wishes, everyone! Mother hood is blissful!

So, Liv went on Saturday and I'm so pleased with reports so far. She's pretty poop around other horses and tends not to want them near her but she has turned out beautifully with her new boyfriend; she has gone through gates with him and all sorts! This is virtually unheard of and I'm taking it as a sign that she loves him.

Video of her exploring her new field was lovely; I had her hocks injected again before she went and her trot looked beautiful as she floated about in her new surroundings. She then approached her new pal, sniffed, squealed and struck out, asked him to sniff her bum and then tried to boot him in the face (not really) when he did as he was told! Women!

Since then, she has been on her first short hack and there has been another picture of her kissing the gelding - she even has her ears forward which is unbelievable. She's a great horse but she's usually a solitary one.

I'm totally thrilled for her. It's been a great move for us all x

Clodagh

Visit site
Thanks for the well wishes, everyone! Mother hood is blissful!

So, Liv went on Saturday and I'm so pleased with reports so far. She's pretty poop around other horses and tends not to want them near her but she has turned out beautifully with her new boyfriend; she has gone through gates with him and all sorts! This is virtually unheard of and I'm taking it as a sign that she loves him.

Video of her exploring her new field was lovely; I had her hocks injected again before she went and her trot looked beautiful as she floated about in her new surroundings. She then approached her new pal, sniffed, squealed and struck out, asked him to sniff her bum and then tried to boot him in the face (not really) when he did as he was told! Women!

Since then, she has been on her first short hack and there has been another picture of her kissing the gelding - she even has her ears forward which is unbelievable. She's a great horse but she's usually a solitary one.

I'm totally thrilled for her. It's been a great move for us all x

Really good update. And in case I missed it, I think I did, congratulations!