Aintree Day 3 - Grand National Day

Visit site
Wow! And he survived? It must be an awful feeling, thank goodness you were able to pull up quickly as that probably saved him. How did they fix the displacement?

I think all racing yards should have some sort of social media so they can update about the horses for those interested eg how Elf's did about Mighty Thunder/ GE about his (I was reading the write up on racing post and it said Escaria 10 collapsed in the cool down area but fortunately was quickly back up). But for example Anibale Fly it's only through here I've found an update on him.

Yeah he raced again. You can do nothing to help heal other than keep them standing up immobile for 8 weeks.

Velcrobum

Visit site
I saw Eclair Surf win the Classic Chase at Warwick earlier this year which where I also saw Corach Rambler. Very sad about Eclair Surf, according to Racing Post he was taken to Liverpool Vet school hospital for treatment but succumbed to a head injury this morning.

Velcrobum

Visit site
Stewards fined Sam W-C £400 and suspended him for 9 days for whip abuse. The suspension is rather academic as he said he was retiring!!

Orangehorse

Visit site
Sam said he had a "very willing partner." Amazing really. You buy a 7 year old with limited chasing experience.
Will it jump the national fences (not all do), will it go in the race (some don't like the big field), is his jumping good enough - all those drops, on an angle, big ditches, big fences. Will he get the trip? Some people spend a lifetime trying to get a horse to win the Grand National.

He did have quite a low weight and Sam gave him a great ride, but it was an incredible victory.