All the gear..

Captain Bridget

Visit site
a vague idea but no horse to put it on!

I've been sorting my room recently before I move home and found my big grooming kit. Before I went to equine college they gave us a huge list of things we needed. Turns out all we really needed was a brush and hoof pick! So I have loads of stuff that has never or rarely been used.

This includes stable bandages, tail bandage, plaiting kit, numerous brushes and combs, including a thinning comb and thinning scissors. A big thing of Animalintex. They also made me buy a hacking jacket which I wore twice at college and twice since college. That's in the space of 3 1/2 years.

I also have a huge haynet, a headcollar and lead rope, lunge line and a lunge whip bought at various times for various horses I was riding at the time. The haynet though was for keeping my toy animals when I was a kid!

I'm also thinking of buying a hi viz exercise sheet as I might be riding again soon and want to be seen and dry! And I want to get a nice pistachio saddle cloth from HKM and maybe matching bandages.

Eventually I feel like I'll have all the gear I need for a horse and yet still not have a horse!

Captain Bridget

Visit site
Yes, I know I'm a long way off having everything needed. I'm dreading actually getting a horse and having to buy rugs! They're so complicated!

I'm sure I'll always find something else I need. More hi viz gear, colourful saddle clothes, different bits, boots, rugs, I can imagine I'll need a whole barn to store all the stuff I end up with eventually!

JFTDWS

Visit site
My tack room is pushing on for twice the size of my bedroom (which is, in fairness quite small), it is full of horsey things - and this is other than turnouts which live in the barn, jumps which live outside, some junk in my car, some rugs and things at home, travel stuff in the trailer. There is still stuff I could go out and buy :eek:

Spotsrock

Visit site
Jftd - solution. I have 2 tack rooms. 1 at yard and 1 at home! Not full but I aspire to needing a third! (salary permitting)

unbalanced

Visit site
Six months ago me and my horse moved house from Herts to Essex, her on Saturday, me on Sunday. Her stuff (bear in mind this is a 14hh native pony, not a fancy warmblood or racehorse) took up two 4x4s and the other half of the trailer she was travelling in, and also the front bit of the trailer. Both 4x4s had their back seats down, and one had stuff piled high on the passenger seat too.
When I moved the next day, all my stuff including some sticks of furniture fit in my little fiat panda. I didn't bother putting the backseat down. My handbag had the front seat to itself.
My horse is a diva.