Alpha A Oil Alternatives?

Visit site
Can anyone recommend an alpha A oil alternative which is very high energy (the alpha a oil is 12.5 mJ/K) but also very high fibre/low sugar? We were planning on feeding the poor doers micronised linseed, alpha a oil, and beet pulp but unfortunately the alpha a oil upsets the Shetland's stomach and makes him scour. Can anyone recommend anything?
Don't want lots of artificial ingredients (e.g. nutritionally improved straw) or molasses, starch or cereals as he's also got PPID.

Maybe top chop grass because of its soya oil coating, any thoughts?
Many thanks....any help is really appreciated, bit new to feeding poor doers as you might be able to tell!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Sorry for multiple posts keep remembering stuff! It could be the oil that is upsetting him too much can affect horses in that way, and alpha oil has soya added so I wouldn't bother with another chaff of the same keep it simple and as plain as you can for that reason.

Visit site
Sorry for multiple posts keep remembering stuff! It could be the oil that is upsetting him too much can affect horses in that way, and alpha oil has soya added so I wouldn't bother with another chaff of the same keep it simple and as plain as you can for that reason.

He had soya oil last winter and was OK on it but has never been on an alfalfa based feed (hence laying the blame on that). Sorry I should have said. Apologies :)
His diet last winter was terrible actually yet he coped well. Put him on a 'decent' feeding regime and he can't stand it. Perverse pony. :p Will look into plain grass chaffs though. They don't seem too expensive either which is always nice!

windand rain

Visit site
Emerald green alfalfa chaff if its not the alfalfa or emerald green grass chaff if it is both are just either alfalfa or grass no additives the fields are not sprayed with herbicides and they are very clear on where each baag of feed comes from, They also do Meadow magic which is designed to be lower in sugar and has a few meadow herbs growing in the sward