Alternatives to Falpro Rugs

Joyous70

Visit site
Im looking for a decent lightweight turnout rug, last year i bought madam a Falpro 100g with a 100g liner which I am really impressed with, but she is a hot horse at best and my LW has started letting in water (not Falpro). Just been to the Falpro website to discover they no longer produce rugs :( and am being re-directed to Horseware Ireland.

sportsmansB

Visit site
I like the premier equine 0g and then you can add neck or liners as you wish
Depends on the shape of your horse though, mine is quite a chunky ISH, they come up quite deep (though I think from memory Falpro may, too)
My PE has never let in a drop of water even in the heaviest of rain.

meleeka

Visit site
My Bucas rug is lovely and the temperature range seems huge (pony has been fine in the same rug in temperatures of 9 and 0 and everything in between).

Patterdale

Visit site
I’m a total convert to Ruggles. They’re 1200D Teflon coated, they fit really well and mine have never ever let anything in. The only one to rip has been one on a pony when he got a leg through the surcingle as it was too long. The others haven’t got even so much as a small nick which I am amazed at.

I wouldn’t buy anything else now!

Annagain

Visit site
I used to buy Fal Pro too and Premier Equine are the only ones that come close in my opinion. Both of my boys are chunky and they fit them really well (as the Fal ones did). They're nice and deep so don't look like mini skirts on them like a lot of other makes can as they take up so much width ways.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
I used to buy Fal before the quality declined. Bucas are still lovely, but even with the Extra Neck sizes, they are still a bit tight on my ISH. Premier Equine fit ok, but their rugs are very heavy and the 0g rugs don't keep the rain out and take ages to dry. Also the velcro closures are a thin quality that gets rucked up and twisted, unless you carefully straighten it out every time.
I'm still impressed with Horseware rugs. The Rhino rugs fit beautifully actoss the shoulders and chest, they're light to handle, are well designed, keep the horse dry and don't take long to dry off after heavy rain.
Rambos are great too, especially for narrower horses, although the Rambo Optimo is a generously sized rug with some great features, but very expensive.

ceva

Visit site
Im looking for a decent lightweight turnout rug, last year i bought madam a Falpro 100g with a 100g liner which I am really impressed with, but she is a hot horse at best and my LW has started letting in water (not Falpro). Just been to the Falpro website to discover they no longer produce rugs :( and am being re-directed to Horseware Ireland.

ceva

Visit site
Hi I am a big fan of falpro and that is what all my rugs are in different weights, there are still some for sale on eBay, however I desperately needed a rug last year and decided to try JHL I was very pleased with them and fitted perfect and very reasonably priced ,I found shires rubbish as bought one off a friend and not very impressed, so sold it on.