Altior

Mariposa

Visit site
She goes for the Champion Hurdle, Elliott and O'Leary confirmed it. They are taking up the battle. Fair play to them, she will get a 7lb mares allowance which might just help.

It's so exciting! Have to say I'm in the Buveur D'Air camp! I'm going on the Tuesday this year and I'm so excited for the Champion Hurdle...and the Arkle ( come on Lalor!!)

Clodagh

Visit site
Well, tomorrow. Altior or Cyrname? Or Solomon Grey?

And then at Haydock? Bristol de Mai? Lostintranslation? Someone else altogether?

What a day! I can't watch it until the evening, heaven help anyone who interrupts!

Fanatical

Visit site
Well, tomorrow. Altior or Cyrname? Or Solomon Grey?

And then at Haydock? Bristol de Mai? Lostintranslation? Someone else altogether?

What a day! I can't watch it until the evening, heaven help anyone who interrupts!

I am so excited! What an afternoon of action! I think Altior has the edge if he doesn't jump left too much, or have a whoopsie which is going to happen at some point. Would love to see Bristol de Mai do the business at Haydock.

Clodagh

Visit site
It will be interesting IF Altior stays the trip and his exuberant jumping doesn't take it's toll by the end.

I would love to see BDM win at Haydock again!

I envisage the whole thing will be a massive anticlimax, and far from seeing them battle it out on the home straight and one to win by a nose it'll be a proper trouncing either one way or the other.

Visit site
Well that was a beautiful exhibition of jumping from Altior but he couldn't get there! It was obvious when they turned for home Cyrname had too much in the tank for him.

Apart from the mistake and a few big jumps after Cyrname looked every part worthy of his superior mark.

I expect they will drop back in trip with Altior now but at least they can say they tried and they werent afraid to try either!

bonny

Visit site
Altior today didnt look fit and i think didnt really stay but at least he finished safe and sound.
Nicky Henderson has been saying for weeks how much work he had done and how well he was going.....I think what today has shown is how good cyrname really is, altior probably ran as good a race as he always does.

Visit site
Nicky Henderson has been saying for weeks how much work he had done and how well he was going.....I think what today has shown is how good cyrname really is, altior probably ran as good a race as he always does.

Exactly. For 2 miler he was just being tapped for toe a little most of the way round.

If the race had been 2 miles the result MAY have been different but I dont think it would have. I think we now have a better horse to take Altior on with properly.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
It was a fabulous race, both horses were running for the first time this season. I dont know if anyone noticed but Altior changed legs a few times which tells me how much he hated that ground but Ive no doubt the best horse won. Not many horses can win over multiple distances though, Desert Orchid and Kauto Star were two who could , I dont think this takes anything away from Altior who is still the reigning top 2miler.

Lostintranslation performance was fantastic and Is imo the likely winner of the Gold Cup, he reminds me more of Bobsworth than Kauto Star. His owners story is very sad losing a child so young and their colours are the colours of Minions which was his favourite.

Mariposa

Visit site
What a race! As an Altior fan I was gutted for him but Cyrname was superb! Looks like Altior hit his usual flat spot but didn't spark up again?

However, Lostintranslation really blew me away! He really is the real deal. My favourite chaser now that Cue Card has retired - and aptly lives in his old stable apparently. Tizzard really had some class horses this year - Native River, Elegant Escape, Slate House, Reserve Tank, The Big Breakaway, Thistlecrack, Western Approach....i mean the list goes on and on!! Go Team Tizz!

Visit site
Did anyone see Laurina's race in Ireland? She was another who turned in a superb performance first time out over fences! On the bridle easy does it! I expect she will be made favourite for the Arkle.

bonny

Visit site
Did anyone see Laurina's race in Ireland? She was another who turned in a superb performance first time out over fences! On the bridle easy does it! I expect she will be made favourite for the Arkle.
Willie Mullins is certainly having his usual great season, he is some trainer ...

Chiffy

Visit site
I was sad Altior didn’t win but he didn’t disgrace himself either. Cyrname was superb and so much more sensible than he used to be.
No Carrotom, Lost in Translation does not remind me of Kauto Star, I don’t think he races in the same way at all! He is very, very good though.

Clodagh

Visit site
I was sorry for Altior, hopefully he can find his niche again.
LIT is an amzing horse, but I also think Robbie Power is a fabulous jockey absolutely at the top of his game.
Harry Cobden is fantastic as well, and so young yet so calm.

Clodagh

Visit site
Looks like it might well be round two on Boxing Day ! The king George is going to be some race !

I really doubt Altior will run in the KG. But we shall see. I did hear the interviews with both trainers today, NH sounds rotten, poor man.