Am I expecting too much?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
We always put pup on a lead to greet other dogs that are on leads and always have her to heel. I really messed up with this one and only left her off because I had a x collie myself and she was brilliant greeting other lose dogs but she didn't like dogs on leads. Won't happen again that's for sure.

Trouble is, other people can be idiots. I saw on my neighbourhood app today that a springer had been attacked by a staffie whose owners refused to give their details. The springer has a hole through its lip. Springer owner took pictures of the owners and posted it on the app. Sadly, some people will just not have the brain to stop their dog annoying/hurting others.

paisley

Visit site
We always put pup on a lead to greet other dogs that are on leads and always have her to heel. I really messed up with this one and only left her off because I had a x collie myself and she was brilliant greeting other lose dogs but she didn't like dogs on leads. Won't happen again that's for sure.

Genuinely and in my limited experience, I don't think you could have anticipated this, or have done anything wrong.
Dog ownership and subsequent attitudes to good dog behaviour have made a massive change in the last few years, and not for the better.
Dogs being allowed to have the equivalent of a Friday night post pub punch up now seems to come under "just playing/being a dog"
Having said that, I can see mine would be the one on the end of a night out having a little gin-weep and asking strangers to admire their kitten heels ?

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Thought i would update on my pup's training. she is now 15 months old and her recall is push button, she walks to heel when asked to and now passes dogs at heel, off the lead and will ignore them until she is told she can go and greet once we have asked other owner if it is ok. Her experience with the collie doesn't seem to have affected her and she is a confident, happy little dog.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Thought i would update on my pup's training. she is now 15 months old and her recall is push button, she walks to heel when asked to and now passes dogs at heel, off the lead and will ignore them until she is told she can go and greet once we have asked other owner if it is ok. Her experience with the collie doesn't seem to have affected her and she is a confident, happy little dog.

Fabulous! She sounds like a well-trained resilient dog. You should post pics!

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Fabulous! She sounds like a well-trained resilient dog. You should post pics!
I would if I knew how. She is chocolate, although her papers say liver, springer x working cocker. she is a pretty little thing and very dainty. Hoping she stays small but I wouldn't have thought she will grow much more now but should fill out a little especially as she has now been speyed.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I would if I knew how. She is chocolate, although her papers say liver, springer x working cocker. she is a pretty little thing and very dainty. Hoping she stays small but I wouldn't have thought she will grow much more now but should fill out a little especially as she has now been speyed.

That made me laugh! I refuse to call brown Labs 'chocolate', gundogs are liver!

She sounds to be growing up to be a lovely dog.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site

Email me if you like.

Im praying Goose doesn’t grow, he’s so little and cute! They’re 14 months now.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
That made me laugh! I refuse to call brown Labs 'chocolate', gundogs are liver!

She sounds to be growing up to be a lovely dog.

She is much darker than a liver/ white spaniel which is why I call her chocolate but her breeder called her liver, she said the same,' you don't have a chocolate gun dog'. She is an outstanding little dog, never had an only dog before but to be fair she has been so easy to train. We are both retired so she gets lots of attention and exercise and I am sure that's what has made her so easy.