am i the only 1 who finds this horse unattractive

CatStew

Visit site
Or maybe the love child of an arab and a llama.

Barbie called, she wants her pony back:
barbie+and+horse.jpg

:D:D Brilliant!

Really not my cup of tea build wise, but I do prefer chunky monkies :) I'm not sure about the colour either.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I've seen an Akhal Teke in the flesh and they really are gorgeous horses; they have a lovely golden sheen to their coats.

But I wouldn't exactly describe them as "suitable for a novice"!!! No way.

But I think in the UK they're rather unusual and IMO it would be nice to see a few more; they'd be particularly suited for endurance I would think, but the one I saw could apparently jump over the moon!

Dave282B

Visit site
Never knew about this breed until the thread so thanks OP.
Looks stunning but not for me thanks. Cross it with an ID and I may be interested , but that defeats the object :)

Christmas Magic

Visit site
Oooo! Akhal Teke! This is i believe stallion Ak Gez Geli ,from Gelishikli line.(spelling may be wrong) Gorgeous! But hi is more show tipe Akhal Teke,they a bit different,its like show arabs. Wish i could have one!

Last edited:

Mithras

Visit site
I really like it - sorry OP! Its bred to cope in an environment far removed from our own, and as endurance horse, and you can see from its muscle structure and the fact its carrying no spare weight that it is extremely well built for endurance. Its also flashy, which is no doubt something that is a bonus when the main means of transport until recently was horses, and something of a status symbol.

Theres far worse examples of unattractive, over-bred equines around. Minataure Falabellas, for example (what is the point in them?), American Shetlands, weedy warmbloods with bad feet, etc.. I bet the Akhal Teke is still a lot more comfortable to ride, particularly with the saddles they use in its native country, than a weedy, narrow warmblood with boxy feet!

hessy12

Visit site
I really like it - sorry OP! Its bred to cope in an environment far removed from our own, and as endurance horse, and you can see from its muscle structure and the fact its carrying no spare weight that it is extremely well built for endurance. Its also flashy, which is no doubt something that is a bonus when the main means of transport until recently was horses, and something of a status symbol.

Theres far worse examples of unattractive, over-bred equines around. Minataure Falabellas, for example (what is the point in them?), American Shetlands, weedy warmbloods with bad feet, etc.. I bet the Akhal Teke is still a lot more comfortable to ride, particularly with the saddles they use in its native country, than a weedy, narrow warmblood with boxy feet!

I agree with most of what you say above, but personally I find this horse unattractive. This is subjective!

indie999

Visit site
Its not beige but a nude colour! I think it looks like it has no fur! or hair rather. It is NUDE. Like my chunky things

Rollin

Visit site
I love the coat but like the OP like a bit more bone in my horses, hence my choice of a Shagya to join my CB's.

Sorry can't provide a link but read an interesting article on genetic problems caused by in-breeding. It is a rare breed I considered adding to our stud but decided not to pursue it.

Jazzy B

Visit site
I like the coat but not sure about the eyes bit scary! Think you would know about it if you got anything wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have just been looking at the pictures again I would so love one but it would probally hate Northumberland and I would of course have to sell the house to
buy it.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Of course I would look like a tennis ball on a ruler to riding it so perhaps it's not such a good idea. Oh I would have no money for food so I might get like a ruler to.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Wow! Beautiful colour - unfortunate angle.

Long back in relation to depth of girth or shoulder or what? The not-very-big ribcage/girth makes them look that way don't you think?

touchstone

Visit site
Akahl Teke's have always been one of my favourite breeds, I used to have a poster of one on my bedroom wall as a youngster :eek: I love their leggy elegance.

I loved the quote that it should s**t rainbows :D:D

mulledwhine

Visit site
It looks like the horsey equivalent of a greyhound!! I like to look at it, but something seems not quite right with the picture, can't quite put my finger on it!!

Beautiful non the less