And the dimmest person of the year award goes to...

humblepie

Visit site
Years ago went out for really nice Saturday watching Barbury horse trials went to get horse ready for the Search for a Star the next day then realised that competition had been on the Saturday whilst was sunning myself at Barbury. Muppet.

oldie48

Visit site
Life is made so much richer (and funnier) by the mistakes we make, thank goodness we are not perfect! My best one (not horse related) was managing to lock the only set of keys we had to our hire car which we had hired in San Fran, in the pocket of my jeans which I had put in the suitcase in the boot of said car. We were in the middle of Yosemite (miles from anywhere) years before mobile phones even existed and it was starting to get dark and very cold. I get a migraine just thinking about it! We were saved by climbers who helped us dismantle the back seat so I could get through and pull out the jeans, unfortunately they didn't stay long enough for us to put the car back together again and that took some explaining! My OH was and still is a saint, he was totally calm throughout!

silv

Visit site
I traveled 4 hours to a show and stayed over, went into the ring and realised that I had left my height certificate at home or so I thought. Was not allowed to compete as per the rules. Spent a couple of hours looking around the show and was packing up when I found the said height certificate in my hat bag! of course the classes were finished by then. Was mortified at my own stupidity.

catembi

Visit site
Oh gosh, Silv, I really feel for you! Me tootling 1/2 hr up the road for nothing is now firmly in perspective! How incredibly frustrating for you!

Leandy

Visit site
I took the wrong horse to championship. The one that hadn't qualified and wasn't entered ... I realised literally as I pulled intot he gates after over an hour's drive. Did a three-point turn, went back home, Missed my class.

Would anyone else have noticed though?