Andalusians Cant Jump! Or so they say!!!!!!

rocketdog69

Visit site
Took my fabulous Andalusian Jalisco to a local show today to do some showjumping. He hasnt done coloured stuff for 18 months, usually just do Hunter Trials.

First class was 2'3-2'6 and he came 3rd. Second class was 2'6-2'9 and he came 5th (silly mother took a flyer at the last fence and knocked it down or we would have been further up)

I'm so pleased with him. Brilliant horse!

I was puffing out of my backside though so I feel I might have to do more running to keep up with him!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Very good indeedy
grin.gif

...piccies... piccies... piccies....
grin.gif

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
total rubbish that they cant jump, my andi stallion makes 3 foot look like a pole!

well done on your placings

JCWHITE

Visit site
Well done on your success, my Spanish cross S F will hopefully be able to do the business then!
Pictures please!
JC

ladyt25

Visit site
My sister's Andalusian x TB loves his jumping! Apparently he is related (somewhere) to an old Andalusian John Whitaker used to ride many years ago - Novilhiero - so they certainly must be able to jump!

Sol

Visit site
haha, I was just thinking of Novilhiero too! Didn't he do x-country or something too at one point? I know that one of the horses Pippa Funnell did/does ride, Tourmaline Rose I think it was, goes back to Novilheiro (or so I heard, somewhere xD)

Would love to see some pics! I know my mother would love a spanish at some point, I'd just love to jump it!

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My sister's Andalusian x TB loves his jumping! Apparently he is related (somewhere) to an old Andalusian John Whitaker used to ride many years ago - Novilhiero - so they certainly must be able to jump!

[/ QUOTE ]

Novilhero was lusitano, not andalucian
smile.gif

RachelB

Visit site
They definitely can jump, although I've seen some *ahem* interesting techniques by Iberians attempting to jump! Just like any other horse, some of them do it easily, and some of them do it in a very odd fashion!