Angel close to collapse - horror story

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
So yesterday, I'd fed Angel in her stable, slapped suncream on her nose (she burns in candlelight), and put her girlie pink check rain sheet on. I popped her headcollar on and started out of the stable. There's a little step down from the stable to the aisle of the barn. Angel walks forward until 3 feet are out of the stable. Then she stops dead. She can't move her offside hind! OMG! She's broken her leg? She balanced the last foot on the tippytoe for a while then tried shiveringly to bring it out but again couldn't move. Then she tried to slowly reverse back into the stable. At one point all 4 feet were in a tiny square like a circus elephant balancing on an upturned tub. Then her head dropped to the floor and a strange expression came over her. Her knees were begining to buckle and HTG I thought her last hour had come. I thought she was about to drop dead. Jo was in the next door stable and I screamed: Jo, Jo, come quick, there's something very wrong with Angel, quick, quick!!!! Jo dived to the corner of the next door stable that she was working in, to have a good look from behind at what I was seeing from the front. There was a short silence, then:

Jo: Barb, she's scratching her arse on the door frame.
Me: What? What? WHAT? WHAT?
Jo: SHE'S SCRATCHING HER ARSE ON THE DOOR FRAME!!!
Me: ................................
Jo: Come behind her and look.
Me: Ah. Right. OK then. Probably not a fatal disease then
smile.gif

Enfys

Visit site
LMAO
smile.gif

You have a wonderful way with words BoF. very glad to hear that it was only an itchy bum after all!

Ellies_mum2

Visit site
I was reading that with my heart in my mouth but PMSL
grin.gif

Nothing like an outbreak of itchy arse is there
tongue.gif

Horses do like to keep us on our toes don't they
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
They do love to scare the c*ap out of us don't they.

I thought the old pony next door had died yesterday when I went out - not even a flicker of an ear when I called her - she was most put out when I gave her a gentle boot up the backside to see if she was still alive.

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
OMG I was just beginning to think the yard was cursed!
blush.gif

by the commentary at the end i was ROFLMAO!
grin.gif

We can always rely upon you BoF
smile.gif

Kate xx

LadyRascasse

Visit site
you made us all feel like you felt when she was doing it to you so not fair :p glad she's ok though had my heart in my mouth for a second there

Llwyncwn

Visit site
ROFLMAO @ you Barb
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
I can see why Kate must think the yard is cursed
shocked.gif
You can get rubber scratch pads to put on the stable wall - it is better for the bum than the door frame
tongue.gif

Slinky - Bonny had another episode last night and again this morning
frown.gif
Waiting for vets to ring.