Annoyed with YO - reason enough to leave?

loverly

Visit site
Haven't read all the posts but here's my view...

I was on a yard with a yard owner exactly the same as yours. I put up with it for over a year as I loved the location as facilities. I finally moved because I could not cope with the YO anymore... she had started to get her "favourites" to police the yard and report to her what everyone was doing.

Leaving was the best decision I've ever made. Yes the new yard is a lot further away and doesn't have the same sort of facilities but Im soo happy! Which is what I want as a hobby rider, to enjoy myself and my horse.

Queenbee

Visit site
Well, there is a yard closer to home, where I have been before. They run it more like a business, are no nonsense, but treat people with happy smiles and respect. I can speak to them far more easily and feel more at ease.

Both yards are much of a muchness with regards to facilities. Although, yard closer to home has huge farm rides (compared to my yard) and we can take dogs up. Current yard used to be assisted DIY but not any more, so liveries are charging each other to do winter work. Yard closer to home do a bit of assisted DIY, but not officially.

One of my friends is there, she left my current yard due to being treated appallingly by YO.

Dunno. I run a business of my own, and it drives me a bit nuts to be in this kind of environment. If I treated my clients this way, we would go bust! She offends my business sense! Lol.

Firstly, anything is enough to make you leave the yard if it makes you uncomfortable... staying there will only affect you and therefore your horse. Secondly, yes move, with your friend there and better hacking, better management, and closer to home... I wonder you even have to ask;)