Another British Horse Society c**k-up

Gingerwitch

Visit site
hich has cost the British Horse Society over £1million so far and with rumours it will cost over £1million to fix), how will members ever know how many votes they need? They are making this an impossible task to ever call an EGM. As the 'live' membership figure is never released in a timely manner, even if we think we have enough votes, you can be sure that the BHS will 'find' additional membership figures to make the % unattainable.
Read more at https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/...ety-c-k-up.767675/page-14#l9OTgDkZDQGkp6L1.99

Well if we all cancel our membership for 1 year starting 1st Jan 2019 - then i am sure we will soon know how many members they have and if they are prepared to listen to us

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Well I am amazed, another email from the BHS actually asking us to vote and a link to request a new voting form. Which is great.
It’s just unfortunate it’s so late and unfortunately does not explain the issues behind the need for the changes, if there are any.

lol, I guess they've realized the natives are rising - and that there are dangerous questions being asked that COULD attract the attention of the Charity Commissioners - so there is a delayed attempt to CYA.

PAK

Visit site
lol, I guess they've realized the natives are rising - and that there are dangerous questions being asked that COULD attract the attention of the Charity Commissioners - so there is a delayed attempt to CYA.
I have not received another email. Maybe Scotland fell off the list - again.

PAK

Visit site
Will all members who share the concern shown here, please read this: https://assets.publishing.service.g...loads/attachment_data/file/284722/rs7text.pdf

It may enlighten us as to the best way to get the Charity Commissioners on the case.
Will all members who share the concern shown here, please read this: https://assets.publishing.service.g...loads/attachment_data/file/284722/rs7text.pdf

It may enlighten us as to the best way to get the Charity Commissioners on the case.
Will do. I have already filed with OSCR (Scotland). I know - always moaning LOL

sjb10

Visit site
Just checked and I have received another email - season's greeting from the british horse society. Will read later, must complete a nomination form

Reactions: PAK

PAK

Visit site
For those of you that received the email, BHS HQ has done it again. Office closure = Friday 20 Dec. You couldn't make this up!

Karen 71

Visit site
Think they've had the wind put up them, never had so many emails in such a short space of time, yet a committee member I know said their regional manager had told them that she was unable to publicise their events regularly via email for their region because HQ said it did not want membership mailed all the time!! Strikes me forked tongue comes to mind. Ridiculous isn't it

PAK

Visit site
Think they've had the wind put up them, never had so many emails in such a short space of time, yet a committee member I know said their regional manager had told them that she was unable to publicise their events regularly via email for their region because HQ said it did not want membership mailed all the time!! Strikes me forked tongue comes to mind. Ridiculous isn't it
Yes -quite ridiculous.

GHamlet75

Visit site
Smart move by the British Horse Society. This makes it look like it's a charity that values its members and listens to them.

However it's further evidence of wasting charity money. All they had to do was publish this properly in the pages of British Horse which goes to every member- as previously stated this would not have cost them any more money because it's already budgeted for. Instead not only have they wasted money by producing the insert that no one conveniently saw, they have now paid at least £3,524 to advertise this (https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/archives/advertising-rates-37182). I notice they aren't advertising this online which would have reached a far greater audience.

I agree with JanetGeorge - far too little, too late BHS.

GHamlet75

Visit site
PS talking of reaching a greater audience - we've just passed 60,000 views! Thank you to everyone who continues to follow, share and contribute to this thread and a special thank you once again to JanetGeorge for starting this.