Another hot weekend plans!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
(If you can read this but not reply, log out and log in again, seems to fix things :wink3:)

what has everyone got planned?

Quiet one for us. Was supposed to have a lesson tomorrow but work has put the kibosh on that, boo :(

Hopefully tootle over to Hartpury Festival of Dressage for a bit if I can find a buddy to drag along, otherwise I'm just on designated driver duties for OH who seems to have lots of fun things planned :rolleyes3:

Have fun everyone :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
With the current weather and ground? Likely a moochy hack. Was going to try and summon up energy and money for a sj session, but apathy is taking over.....

Local events are cancelling unless on a surface, mostly due to people pulling out as ground rock like.

Embo

Visit site
Nothing planned Saturday. SJ arena hire for 8am on Sunday in an attempt to beat the heat but will be a vile, early get up lol.

Have fun at Hartpury, if you go MP. Good luck at Pyecombe HGB, and have fun hacking FF :)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
on the back instead of taking photos this weekend for some training with Rara on Sunday. Got an MRI 5.30pm saturday, which is at least easier than a work day, not looking forwards to the noise, bad with noise at the best of times :p.

abbijay

Visit site
Saturday we're back to riding club dressage for the first time in a few months to do our 3rd elementary. Let's see if the recent hard work has paid off... In one respect it will as we're guaranteed a red rosette!
The big man has just had a haircut as he always struggles like mad in the heat and I knew we'd be on at lunchtime. So I've given in to summer clipping and he's a lovely shaved boy.
Sunday will probably be a twilight hack and Monday we have a lesson either to work on our DTM floorplan as riding club have asked me to enter the BRC areas and I'm getting someone to help come up with my routine. Or we might just decide that life has been too serious for too long and have a play at polework and jumping and see if we can fudge some changes out of him!

Bernster

Visit site
My ODE was cancelled due to hard ground which I'm pleased about. Planning sj on a surface on Sunday at Quainton instead but not looking forward to it if it's swelteringly hot.

Jump lesson tonight. Might hack out Friday and spend Sat getting ready for sj on Sunday. Have the whole day to myself to spend at the yard cos of the footie - bliss !!

Wheels

Visit site
Lesson this evening with my classical trainer

Will probably hack tomorrow evening and Saturday

Sunday I am waiting to see what the weather does, if it's very hot then I'll go to the beach as it was really lovely doing that last weekend but if it's not too hot I'll either go SJ training show or XC schooling to one of the all weather places

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Haven't posted here for a while! I've actually done quite a lot with Henry (with very mixed results ;) ), but between horses, driving back and forth to uni (6hrs) and uni itself, I've had almost no free time for months :D

This weekend we are off to a hunter trial on saturday. I'm hoping the ground won't be too bad, as this place always has good grass cover and decent ground. If it's hard I'll just take it steady, it's only 70-80cm and more for experience for Henry than anything else, so if end up pootling round the whole thing in trot that's fine by me :) Sunday probably going for a chilled hack around the forest (yay for shade!!) with my best friend and her horse which should be nice :)

mavandkaz

Visit site
arena hire tomorrow to run through our test
quiet hack on Saturday
and then we have our first ever AF on Sunday. Both me and horse are complete newbies to this dressage malarkey (only joined last summer) so am just going to go and enjoy myself.

well that's presuming he has recovered after escaping from his field this morning and getting electric tape burns on his legs and near his girth area. why do they always do it at the worst times?

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Sounds like lots for fun weekends planned again.

Henry had a lesson last night and we have so much homework now. I love homework! He is getting very grown up abut lots of things now, including having other horses doing this around him. He can stay on task which is nice.

Saturday Henry has his second ever dressage competition. I was worried it was going to be a bit too busy for him, but I am the last rider of the day and although there will be 3 rings running, by the time I ride I will be the only one. Hen doesn't seem to worry about horses leaving him. I am quite relieved now and looking forward to it!

Coolie has had a week off, so I might take him for a walk in the bush on Sunday. Hoping for a quiet weekend really because the calendar is looking rather full for the rest of the year :|

little_critter

Visit site
I have a lesson on Saturday. After 4 months off and 2 months of rehab we seem to be on a roll. Might start looking for a dressage comp to enter next month.

Alibear

Visit site
Load up and head over tonight for a clinic on Saturday and a Show on Sunday. All indoors on a surface and with a stable so she can be out of the sun and cool between classes etc :) Really looking forwards to it as we've made a little progress but are kind of stuck halfway so need a little help getting to the next step.

rosiesowner

Visit site
Sulking! Sweating in my leg brace and wishing I was out and about having fun. It is time for mother to learn how to lunge Chilli though, which could be fun! At least there's the Hartpury livestream...

Hope everyone has fun! And for the love of goodness please write reports with plenty of photos! I need to live vicariously through you all!!

blood_magik

Visit site
Not a good outing for beau and I - Had another two stops today so I think it’s time to get his coffin joints done again. That’s 4 stops in a week from a horse that usually jumps off any stride. 😕

On a happier note, dad and t were DC and 3rd in the 90 open and Ellie DC and 5th in the novice. She then went on to have 1 down in the disco.

So now that beau’s off, I should probably try to sort an outing for Raz. Have booked my stable for our next area festival at the cabin so looking forwards to that. 🙂

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Henry was such a star at his dressage day. He handled everything so well, he was calm and quiet. He was a bit nervous but he was happy to listen and he really focused on me. I was the most nervous I have ever been and I wasn't sure how we would go but I kept my head and got on with it!

It was his first time in a covered arena and he just walked in like he's done it his whole life. He didn't set the world on fire, but it was a very positive outing for him. I even felt that I could push him a bit and ask for a bit more.

36710765_10215041815451620_1171455207612088320_n.jpg

Bernster

Visit site
Didn’t go sj as decided it was too hot ! Did help my friend though and then popped a few jumps back home working on my position more than anything. Didn’t mind missing the show as it saved me an early start and a lot of faffing in the heat!

We haven’t done any,outings lately for various reasons. Bit worried for next weekend as am booked on a sj and xc clinic at Munstead. Keep reading posts about horses overheating !

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
We haven’t done any,outings lately for various reasons. Bit worried for next weekend as am booked on a sj and xc clinic at Munstead. Keep reading posts about horses overheating !

people keep saying next weekend is going to be a bit cooler.... here's hoping! :eek3:
I think if you're being sensible it'll probably be fine , mine have been doing their normal work but with more short breaks and then immediately into the shade and showered off. Kira has been to a show and lessons and so far, so good. My lorry stays reasonably cool with a good air flow. They both get electrolytes all the time and are good drinkers. I think if I had a horse that wasn't so fit or used to working in the hot weather then I'd think twice but it's very individual. Fingers crossed :)

Bernster

Visit site
people keep saying next weekend is going to be a bit cooler.... here's hoping! :eek3:
I think if you're being sensible it'll probably be fine , mine have been doing their normal work but with more short breaks and then immediately into the shade and showered off. Kira has been to a show and lessons and so far, so good. My lorry stays reasonably cool with a good air flow. They both get electrolytes all the time and are good drinkers. I think if I had a horse that wasn't so fit or used to working in the hot weather then I'd think twice but it's very individual. Fingers crossed :)

Thanks MP. He’s not having difficulty with the current workload although I haven’t been doing a lot during the hottest parts of the day. There may not be much shade but I could try and find a nearby tree to hang around under! Will keep an eye on the weather this week but am sure instructor won't be doing too much if it’s hot. According to a formula I came across, care of Auslander, it should be ok to work him based on current forecast.

Ddraig_wen

Visit site
Another busy weekend. Mare and foalie out to their last show before royal welsh and scooped up a 1st place each. Rode for a friend at the same show and mrs super whizzy actually behaved and didn't pig about to pull a second out of the bag. She won her in hand class with her owner and went champion.
Decided to take my new girl out for a hack to see what she was like after a wekk of no work. Mrs whizzy legs on a proper mission but nothing too bad. Had a bit of a legs in all directions moment when an idiot biker nearly went up her backside which resulted in me walking that stretch of road on foot to get home once we'd been for a poodle as I didn't want to chance it.
Yesterday all riding put on hold as far too hot so contented with checking out new winter grazing, despairing at hay field and going to the beach with the pooch

JFTDWS

Visit site
I tried to reply to this before the weekend, but the forum was being a tool.

I was running a demo / have a go at polocrosse session at the College of West Anglia's horsey open day. I took Fergs and Skye along and gave them to a couple of our PC Team to ride (who couldn't bring their own for the day). And I did all the talking and explaining - which is a lot more stressful than the riding!

36818950_690607697267_5773766854325567488_o.jpg

36899968_10155462148827127_2038445380521164800_n.jpg

Antw23uk

Visit site
I went to Quainton Stud to do my first showjumping competition with the mare. I havent jumped a course of jumps since October last year and it was so hot! AND I forgot my bridle but thankfully a friend was there so I borrowed her horses Micklem (I dont even ride with a noseband, lol!) and we got a super clear and a fourth placing so I'm really chuffed. Wish I'd stayed for two classes to make the most of it but it was too hot!

Oh and I wish I'd remembered about it being timed, I was so busy trying to remember the course otherwise I would have got a better placing I bet but technically I was there for her to gain experience and me to practice towing my trailer ;)

Alibear

Visit site
I had a really fun weekend, a really nice group of riders on the clinic several who were on their first ventures out with baby horses they purchased 18months - 2 years ago, its lovely seeing everyone getting on and enjoying themselves and the horses were all super stars. Got the help I wanted with next steps so we're now working on 1 handed riding in a curb, turning whilst moving forward is fine. But reverse and turn, and stop and turn, need work! Lope was OK but she was throwing her barrel at me when asked to lope of so I have to stay relaxed and not go until she's straight. Then a little show on Sunday and Daisy cleaned up in the walk/jog with 4 x 1sts, 1 x 2nd with some ace tips on how to improve on standing her up for halter. We can stand still and square now so we need to add pretty and standing under herself a bit more to show her off to her best to improve our results. Overall I feel like we've just been signed out of absolute beginner level and are now working towards novice :) Lots of new things to learn. No photos as I was on my own.

rara007

Visit site
Another late comer due to forum issues. Tagged onto U25 team training yesterday to give my pair an outing- they were going to do this season but when the early season was rained off didn’t get the experience. Ester was super helpful as always, ponies spot on and I learnt plenty- day well spent :)

blood_magik

Visit site
Ended up having to call the vet out for Blue on Saturday night - not sure what he did to end up with a massive puffy eye and blocked tear duct but it’s thankfully almost back to normal.

The only up side is that the vet was happy to sort beau’s coffin joints while she was out this morning so he’ll be back on the road by the end of the week.

Managed to get a late entry to BD this weekend so hoping it cools off a bit before then.

mavandkaz

Visit site
Decided not to go toy Area Festival as it was so hot. Not so much for the riding, but the travelling. I had taken him on a short 25min journey on Friday evening to arena hire and he got so sweaty there was a puddle on the floor of the horsebox, so didn't think it was fair to do an hour's journey on Sunday in even hotter conditions. Am gutted but there will be other competitions

Wheels

Visit site
Had a brill lesson on Thursday, tried my instructors solution saddle and M went very well in it. I am going to trial one and see how he gets on with it.

Yesterday we went to the beach, got the car stuck temporarily in very soft sand but got out soon enough. Rode about 3 miles each way and it was total bliss!!

We will go XC schooling tomorrow I think, looking forward to that

Snowfilly

Visit site
A blissfully happy showing day with George the Clydesdale at a local town show yesterday. We came 2nd in the rare breeds in hand, and got to see actual Icelandic horses in the flesh - I want one! - and 2nd in the heavy horses to a multiple county winning mare, then got a spin around for the in hand championship as well. The two seconds meant we picked up two tickets for Royal London, the first time I've ever qualified for a championship. We won't be going but still lovely to have.

No comment on the veteran class - there were 3 draft horses there and we took the 3 last places from 15 entries but that's showing for you, especially with marmite breeds!

Then we wimped out of waiting for ridden rare breeds and dived for home before lunch and the sun getting any hotter. Given I nearly lost him earlier this year, to have got to a second show this year and this time come back with rosettes was beyond anything I could imagine.