Another shameless "I love my Roy" thread...

Starzaan

Visit site
So, I know I wittered on for hours a few months ago about how much my Roy boy means to me, but he's just proved himself to be my once in a lifetime horse once again.

The illness I have developed as a result of my reaction to the hair dye has been really getting me down recently. I'm still rushed to hospital at least once a week, I still can't do a full day of anything without going to sleep at some point, and still feel absolutely dreadful the whole time. I don't like asking for help, or admitting that I'm not coping, so I tend to just soldier on, and pour my heart out to Roy when it's all getting too much to bear.

The last two weeks have been absolute hell. I have developed solar urticaria (hopefully not permanent...please god not permanent) now, which was the straw that broke Starzaan's back. Not only am I constantly dizzy, nauseous to the point where the Spag has me surviving on one protein shake a day, shaking like a crack fiend, faint, allergic to oranges6, dark clothing dyes, spices, nuts, and so allergic to PPD that if I go out anywhere I'm constantly jumpy and nervous about encountering someone with the chemical on them, or some sort of black dye or paint, just in case I pop my clogs, but now I also can't go out in the sun. Or, I can, but only if I put factor 50 on, (difficult, as most sun cream contains a derivative of the chemical that I reacted to...problemo.) and cope with the weird fever, shivering, and mental weirdness that goes on when I do go out in the sun. Apparently I turn into a raging mad woman and start slurring almost as badly as I do when I'm tired or have missed a round of drugs... PHITT.

So, I've been in and out of hospital over the last two weeks, and got to the point where I completely and utterly, royally fell apart about it last night. I got to the point where I had literally had enough and would rather have just been hit by a stray meteor or mown down by an angry penguin on a stolen tractor, than carry on with my life as it is at the moment. I ended up going out to see my Roy boy in the dark last night, sobbing so hard I could barely stand up, collapsing at his feet in the middle of the field, wrapping my arms round a foreleg, and bawling my eyes out.

My horse, my magical, wonderful, beautiful best friend of a horse, nuzzled me while I cried, whickered at me, and licked my snotty, teary face like a dog when I looked up at him. I stayed sitting next to him for so long that eventually my darling boy lay down, and I ended up snuggling up to him and looking at the stars for about four hours, telling him all the reasons why I couldn't carry on, and being reminded of all the reasons why I should.

My world was falling apart around my ears last night, and my horse held it up for me.

Now, I love my other horses so so much, but with Roy it's a completely different thing. We absolutely know each other, and I really do feel like there's a piece of me attached to him in some way, and vice versa.

Whenever I feel like I'm on a horrid, scary rollercoaster all by myself, and that if I don't just throw myself off I'll be alone on the ride forever, Roy boy whinnies at me, or rests his head against mine, and it feels like he's squeezed my hand and reminded me that I'm not all alone. I've got my Roy.

So, I'm very sorry for waffling, but I think my Roy boy would like to know that there's something out there that's all about him and how special he is to me. I'm sure he knows how grateful I am, and how much he means to me, but...

thank you Roypers. Here's to you.

225113_10150179912597541_516807540_7235711_561950_n.jpg

221971_10150175899447541_516807540_7207648_6773128_n.jpg

227305_10150179900397541_516807540_7235503_7519853_n.jpg

WelshRuby

Visit site
Aw hun, I dont know what to say. Can't imagine what you're going through but horses can, and do, hold us up don't they? (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

dibbin

Visit site
I love Roy also, he's an amazing dude. And Gollum, even though he looks a bit like a small monochrome giraffe.

Snoggles to you xxx

Starzaan

Visit site
He is not ugly!! he is booootiful! is he a harlequin great dane? I have ALWAYS wanted one, aswell as a chocolate doberman :D

I assure you, beauty is not Gollum's thing... nor is coherent thought.... but he likes cuddles, and milk, and getting his feet wet. Oh, and lying on his back showing everyone how big his knackers are.

Incidentally...FF named him. He was called "Gunyum" which is a Zulu term of affection, but FF decided that he was such a hideous puppy that he would call him Gollum...and it sort of stuck...

He's a Merlequin Great Dane (technically known as a Harlequin Mis-Mark, so instead of black patches he's got merle patches, and VERY weird eyes...)

029.jpg

golandmole.jpg

255049_10150191125875728_508885727_7399580_7137350_n.jpg

The_Hooligan

Visit site
I assure you, beauty is not Gollum's thing... nor is coherent thought.... but he likes cuddles, and milk, and getting his feet wet. Oh, and lying on his back showing everyone how big his knackers are.

Incidentally...FF named him. He was called "Gunyum" which is a Zulu term of affection, but FF decided that he was such a hideous puppy that he would call him Gollum...and it sort of stuck...

He's a Merlequin Great Dane (technically known as a Harlequin Mis-Mark, so instead of black patches he's got merle patches, and VERY weird eyes...)

029.jpg

golandmole.jpg

255049_10150191125875728_508885727_7399580_7137350_n.jpg

See this just makes him more loveable in my eyes!! if he ever manages to procreate i will gladly take a gollum baby off your hands :D

Millyard Rejects

Visit site
Roy is very lush...and the Gollum hound is quite cute in a peculiar way;)

But I loves my Dave-nice but dim,who didnt even notice the mad yearling jumping through his field,two sets of electric fencing and jumping the stone wall back to her mum! :eek::)

Sanolly

Visit site
Gollum is a dude, funny enough I know another person with a merlequin great dane and a Gollum, but her Gollum is a boxer :p

Everyone needs a Roy, I have an Olly but I guess the difference is only in the name. I hope that eventually your mad crazy weird health issues sort themselves out and you get squillions back from the hairdressers in compo ;)

miss_bird

Visit site
I had a roy but she was called Sola, sadly she is not here to mop up my tears any more, but my poor stallion millers is learning fast that he sometimes is a baby making machine and other times he doubles up as a tissue

JenHunt

Visit site
Roy is awesome... my Roy is called Ron, and is a bit bloke-ish when it comes to me blubbing and just stands there looking faintly embarrassed and unsure of WTF is going on and how he's ended up in the middle of it! :D

hope you're mending soon

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Starzaan your post just made my eyes leak.

Gorgeous girl you have been through the ringer this year, fingers crossed for no more tomato-headed nonesense, im praying dr spag has a cure u his sleeve for you soon.

As they say what doesnt kill us makes us stronger...well my dear you're a warrior thats for sure- keep fighting.....and write that book!

Roy is a darling, love to him, love to you.

Take care, look after yourself b xxx

Starzaan

Visit site
Don't think so, but we could probably clone him!

SUCH a good idea...but then I think there will only ever be one Roy. I don't think the world will ever see another horse like him...

I'm feeling much better today. I went into hospital earlier for some anti nausea meds (which I'm allergic to, so I have to go into hospital to have them once a week so I can eat real food for a day, but I have to be pumped full of some other drug to stop me going all tomato-headed at the same time... bleugh.) and so I'm now planning on eating myself to death. I'm planning on seeing how many chocolate eclairs it takes to kill a human.

I think I'm nearly there....

dibbin

Visit site
But what a way to go ... chocolate eclairs are the BOMB. I might partake in that experiment myself someday.

I'm watching daytime TV in my pyjamas. Pow.

Dollysox

Visit site
I wondered where you had got to recently - you sound like you really are still having a bad time of it. Bless Roy - he is the same colour and size as my Dolly, so I have to agree about how gorgous he is.

What's after the chocolate eclairs?

Hope things improve for you soon. Have you thought about one of those all in one suits sported by Nigella on her australian beach holiday recently? Must be at least Factor 50! (It's okay - Im only joking about the all over suit ... :D)

Vixen Van Debz

Visit site
Oh Starzaan, I'd no idea things were quite so bad 80( I offer a giant, moragulous, dye free hug: not as good as Roy's, but just as genuine. I am a scientist and shall switch from studyung anxiety to eternal youth. You and Roypers must both be around forever! Is Diet Coke still allowed? When I couldn't eat I only functioned thanks to fizzy drinks.

Hope the SU fecked right off and you enjoyed yourself in Greece 80) Take care of yourself you sexy minx!

dogcalleddill

Visit site
Starzaan, have you been enyoying a bit of Wimbledon on the telly by any chance? There was a moment yesterday that I think you would have enjoyed.

The camera was picking out slebs in the crowd and zoomed in on Noel Fielding. And Boris Becker said "The one in the middle? I thought that was a lady"

It was hilarious, but perhaps you had to be there.

How are you doing?