Another "she's here" post!

Marigold4

Visit site
Buckskin filly foal born at 1 am last night. Quick and textbook delivery. Stud did a great job at delivery and I was able to be there for the end as well. All milestones quickly reached. IgG test tonight. Mare is Royaldik/Primitive Proposal. Sire is Killour Star (a Barrowby Connemara). Early days but all seems well and so glad not to have to be on foaling standby anymore. Never again!

Attachments

• IMG-20230523-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230523-WA0002.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 115

TheMule

Visit site
Well done! It's so stressful…. I always say never again then forget the misery a year or so later and get broody.
Is she a keeper?

PurBee

Visit site
Congratulations! 🥳 I love the first pics of the mare looking serene and relieved, and the leggy foal wondering where in the world they are 😁
You can catch up on relieving sleep now, and look forward to months of foal fun!

Marigold4

Visit site
Ahhh, congratulations. Look forward to seeing more photos. Esspecially as my ISH mare by Royaldik will be scanned this week, weve also used a connie. I think itsa great mix
Oh wow! Interesting you've chosen similar combo. Which connie stallion are you using?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
You lucky person! Congratulations on that little beauty.

Marigold4

Visit site
Tulira Darog , got to meet him at the stallion show . Just loved his attitude. Plus the owner showed me photos of him giving bareback rides to children . That did it for me 🤣
I went to see TD and strongly considered him but in the end didn't want a grey

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Tulira Darog , got to meet him at the stallion show . Just loved his attitude. Plus the owner showed me photos of him giving bareback rides to children . That did it for me 🤣
Omg I have said for years that if I lost all common sense and put my mare in foal it would be to Tulira Darog! So jealous you got to meet him in person he looks like an absolute dream.

Marigold4

Visit site
Passed well foal check with flying colours. Phew! So pleased with how well mare is looking. sadly can't upload other photos as files apparently too big and I'm too tired to work that out

Attachments

• IMG-20230523-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20230523-WA0012.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 66
Last edited: